Cody Macdonald may return Saturday (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Back of the CT says Andy Thorn is prepared to call Cody Mac up to the first team squad after it looks like no new loan strikers are coming in. Hopefully he will form a good partnership with Nimely, only time will tell.

Otis

But why are no loan players coming in?

Doesn't make sense. Portsmouth have lined players up to come in where the parent club are paying all the wages. If they can do that, then why can't we? It wouldn't cost us a penny.

Pile of horseshit.

pusbccfc

I still think there's good things to come from cody...

Otis

At the end of the day we need quality.

If McDonald can provide that then great.

CovLis86

I really hope Cody has the spirit to prove any doubters wrong, and want to start performing for coventry. Hes obviously got some ability, just hope he cna find fitness and form. He could just happen to be the missing link we need that could spark a bit of life into us. I personally hope he does start up top with Nimely, lets just see how it works out, we've got nothing to lose.

CCFCSteve

I still reckon hes a proper goalscorer and if he is fully fit, gets his confidence back and gets the chances he'll put them away. Over the years we havent often had many decent goalscorers, Mick Quinn was the last one that scored a lot for the club (Aloisi was another but never really got a decent run)

Problem is sometimes you dont get much else from them, so if they dont score the crowd gets on their backs (and our crowd never needs much of an excuse !!!)

Really hope this lad comes good.

Nick

Administrator
Won't he go onto the bench? Surely he isn't match fit?

I really hope he does come back with a bang and fire some goals in.

Who would he replace though? Surely him and Nimely up front wouldn't work?

WillieStanley

I'm all for Cody coming back but surely it's a little harsh dropping either of the two we have up front at the moment.

Otis

But it would make our bench that much lighter.

Still have the same amount of players on it though of course.

mexico88

Why are you even debating this?

Simple question: Picture this - we're 1 nil down (as usual) and there's 20 minutes to go. AT is FORCED to make a sub (He wouldn't do it on his own) would you honestly stand there and think "Cody will change this"

He's not a game changer and I fail to see what his 'niche' is.

Platt - Bring down man
Eastwood - skill attacking from wings and form 35ish yards out
Nimley - Just skill without the right supply
Mcsheffrey - skill attacking from the wings and 35ish yards out

Can anyone define a niche for Cody? Not "I think he would be good at..." - Has to be an actual 'niche' to define him. It is simply not acceptable to keep saying "He needs time" for every player who comes in and flops.

Perryccfc

Simple question: Picture this - we're 1 nil down (as usual) and there's 20 minutes to go. AT is FORCED to make a sub (He wouldn't do it on his own) would you honestly stand there and think "Cody will change this"

Platt - Bring down man

Can anyone define a niche for Cody? Not "I think he would be good at..." - Has to be an actual 'niche' to define him. It is simply not acceptable to keep saying "He needs time" for every player who comes in and flops.

Has pace and when in form will be the best natural finisher at the club......That a good enough "niche"?

dongonzalos

Platt - Bring down man

According to the Norwich fans who were gutted to lose him, His niche is an all round top player and striker. They say he can score and create with both feet. He is good with his head and will be a top player.
Of course he will have to start on the bench, having him on the bench and not been forced to introduce that ungrateful twat fattie eastwood is a big bonus for CCFC

CCFCSteve

Platt - Bring down man

Can anyone define a niche for Cody? Not "I think he would be good at..."
Something none of the above can do on a regular basis....be a goalscorer. if hes not good enough then move him on at some point in the future. Would have him coming off the bench for the last 25-30 mins on Saturday if they need a goal or to pose their defence some different questions

CovLis86

Platini is shattered, you can tell. Either way round, either have Platini on from the off to rough up the defenders, and bring on Cody for last 20 to put fear inot them with pace, or the other way Platini can come on in last 20 ( should we have a lead....whatever that is...) and hold it up and ride the game out. Certainly seems a much better option, and I really think he has a few goals in him this season, whereas I dont see Freddy sticking in more than one.

stupot07

According to the Norwich fans who were gutted to lose him, His niche is an all round top player and striker. They say he can score and create with both feet. He is good with his head and will be a top player.
Of course he will have to start on the bench, having him on the bench and not been forced to introduce that ungrateful twat fattie eastwood is a big bonus for CCFC

Seems a bit over enthusiastic considering he's only scored 4 goals for Norwich, and was deemed by them not good enough for the championship last season.

Nonleagueherewecome

Rather see Cody than some player who will be only here for a few months.

Agreed. It's already a bit worrying that our only real attacking spark (Nimely) won't be here next season, and we need to try and get the best out of Cody. Rather him than Freddy. I'm one of his greatest critics (well me and kduffy), but I'd love to see him prove me wrong.

Nonleagueherewecome

Isn't he an off the shoulder kind of player? Needs balls threading through to him.

And if anything, in Norwood we may actually have the guy who can pick a pass now and again.

torchomatic

This has pleased me no end. Look forward to seeing him play again.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The funniest aspect of this thread is the assertion that Freddie is capable of 'attacking from the wings'.

In his current state, he couldn't run from the touch line to the box without stopping off for a pasty.

Forget the YouTube clips from his Southend days, the man is now in the sort of shape you'd expect from an ex-pro turning up for a testimonial

dongonzalos

Seems a bit over enthusiastic considering he's only scored 4 goals for Norwich, and was deemed by them not good enough for the championship last season.

dalyUser is Offline Posts: 213Joined: August 2009Reserves2 year member
Posted 31 Aug 2011 22:11

re: Never Talking To Cody Again
Big Mistake Mr Lambert there are a few who should have gone before Cody. Watched Wilbraham last night he is a Conference player and no better.

sven_goranUser is Offline Posts: 80Joined: July 2009Trialist2 year member
Posted 22 Sep 2011 20:42

re: Cody Mac
Cody is a good striker. I think that Paul Lambert has made a mistake for him
irritated.gif

ordnorfolkUser is Offline Posts: 923Joined: July 2008Hall of Fame3 year member
Posted 02 Sep 2011 11:10

re: Where has the faith gone?
I'm not Lambert bashing because i feel he is the best manager we have had posibly ever BUT...The fact that we release players like macdonald (who should have been loaned to Cov for a season in th champ) and keep arron wilbreham worrys me!!!

I went to look for the post, basically I went on their forum when we signed him and they replied telling me about the fact he was a top striker, 2 footed and good witht his head. They were generally disspointed to lose him and felt their were other players he should be above in the peking order and worst case scenario they loan him to us.

I could not find the post but above is a couple in which they seem to think hgily of him

Nick

Administrator
I hope he does turn out to be decent :) Can't judge him too much at this stage apart from where has he been?

wingy

Can't judge him this weekend or the next either ,he's barely fit,the friendly against spurs last week was going to be too soon for him in ATs words,desperate ,no doubt Platt suffered from playing three games in a week at Forrest,been patched up ,given injections etc,if the FA were social workers SISU would be done for neglect,to not have back up is unforgivable.

ashbyjan

The funniest aspect of this thread is the assertion that Freddie is capable of 'attacking from the wings'.

In his current state, he couldn't run from the touch line to the box without stopping off for a pasty.

Forget the YouTube clips from his Southend days, the man is now in the sort of shape you'd expect from an ex-pro turning up for a testimonial

Only wings Fat Fred would attack is a bucket of chicken wings

mexico88

Has pace and when in form will be the best natural finisher at the club......That a good enough "niche"?

1. "His Pace" - you can't have seen him play. I've seen him in every game he's played - he's definitely not fast - more like slim fast. He looks over weight and in his own admission isn't sharp enough.

2. "will be the best natural finisher at the club" - based on what? I've seen him miss 2 absolute sitters.

We can't just keep accepting players who under perform and say things like "need time" or "needs more games" - if they don't feel sharp enough, fit enough, skilful enough, lucky enough - they need to work harder to get back in the squad or attract other clubs.

I find it crazy that the players are all facing pay cuts, which come with relegation and some will even be released and perhaps no other clubs prepared to take them on (the likes of David Bell) and yet there seems to be no fear to push from the players to force the the powers that be to extend training to Mondays and Sundays in a bid to avoid it.

Re: Cody - All if's, but's and maybe, still no fact!

stupot07

I do suspect that those Norwich fans are basing their assessment on the YouTube clip of his Gillingham goals, rather than his Norwich career.

ICHAN

Totally agree with your last point mexico you would have thought with what's facing the team and what relegation could do to some of these players you would have thought they would be sweating blood for the cause by now and trying to get things right everyday of the week.
Does this show a lack of commitment and loyalty to the club from all those involved with the club?
Or are they just now going through the motions now, knowing the inevitable, and just looking forward to the end of the season so this totally shit and disappointing season can be forgot about and put behind them?Bring on their holidays.

wingy

Yep i've been amazed they hav'nt been doing double sessions ,especially the finishing department,maybe they do but we just don't hear about it ,i know hussey did earlier in the season after his rocky start,seemed to improve from the Forrest home game up to West Ham away ,he must be close to fitness now also .One thing thats gchanged in the last two or three games is the fullbacks are'nt overlapping and crossing anywhere near as much,also thought Forrest deliberately targeted Cranie on saturday and tried to stretch the centre back pairing,hope Barnsleys scout did'nt cotton on to that.

Users who are viewing this thread