C'mon then what do you all drive? (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

Had a golf R before leaving the UK looking at a new car and wondering what's good for a long comfortable ride that's good on off-road (due to conditions here) but no sports as the roads would rip it to bits.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Skoda before VW every time.

Terry Gibson's perm

I drive an old mans car

Volvo xc40 a petrol one it’s very thirsty but very comfortable

Covkid1968#

Battered old VW when I’m not on my Vespa

Ian1779

Qashqai as the family car - wife uses when she isn’t working at home.
Micra to get to and from work.

Very dull I am afraid but it gets the job done. Would like to move to electric but the cost is not exactly enticing.

It’sabatch87

Mazda 2 gets me from a to b not really a car person.
Best car I’ve ever had tbh, gone through three mot’s with no advisories since I bought it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Skoda Octavia 1.6 straight, petrol. 18 years old. Best car I ever had.
I'll move to electric when it no longer is cost effective to run a petrol car, by which time they'll be moving away from electric anyway.

rob9872

Skoda Octavia but occasionally the wife's Peugeot 3008

Sbarcher

Ford Kuga. Gets bikes and fishing tackle in with no problem.

SBAndy

Currently a Fiat 500. Other half has just got herself a new car and we were sharing one previously, so I’ve got her old one now.

stay_up_skyblues

I had a new 330e plug in hybrid delivered three weeks ago having had a diesel Mondeo for the prior 4 years. Beautiful car (the 3 series).

Last Sunday a woman pulled out from the junction fiddling with her sat nav and drove straight into me 🙄. New driver side and rear passenger doors required.

The same woman hit my Nan’s parked car last year. Accidents happen but maybe this lady has it in for us 🤣

The Great Eastern

I drive people up the wall....

Other than that, I have an ageing Volvo C30 Diesel. Such a great car to drive but it's starting to cost me thus a plug in hybrid will be on the menu later this year. Any recommendations anybody ?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I have a Ka for work easy on fuel and easy to park

ovduk78

I drive people up the wall....

Other than that, I have an ageing Volvo C30 Diesel. Such a great car to drive but it's starting to cost me thus a plug in hybrid will be on the menu later this year. Any recommendations anybody ?
I've got a 59 plate C30 diesel & you're right, it's a great car to drive.
I also have a BMW F800 for when it's dry & warm although will hopefully be changing that to a Honda CBR650 later this year.

Kneeza

A dead boring, but ridiculously reliable and cheap to run Toyota Avensis estate 2.0D4D.
And a Fiat Ducato-based motorhotel-for-two.
But they're both in my dragon's name so I'd better shut up. Even if I paid for both of them...
Seriously though, we've had many Fords, several Rover group, three VWs a Honda, a BMW, and two Toyotas. I don't think I'd ever go back from Toyota now. The biggest potential problem is falling asleep at the wheel tbh.

shmmeee

Haven’t needed a car since moving near the kids school and working from home. Sometimes borrow the missus’s Skoda Fabia, fine car it is.

duffer

Had a golf R before leaving the UK looking at a new car and wondering what's good for a long comfortable ride that's good on off-road (due to conditions here) but no sports as the roads would rip it to bits.

If you're looking for something big, cheap-ish, and with a bit off off-road capability, you could try a Hyundai Santa Fe.

Not exactly exciting, but the 2.2 diesel is pretty solid, and in auto form it's a relaxing drive. Seven seat variants are common too.

I wanted a Land Rover Discovery (still do in truth), but for the price I got my six year old Santa Fe for, there was nothing even close in terms of age or mileage, and Disco reliability is a bit dubious.

It's ten years old now, still going well. No enormous bills so far at least...

Grendel

get a defender

fernandopartridge

With two young kids I've got a Renault Scenic, nice comfortable car but the electrics are awful. Going to buy a Japanese or other Far Eastern manufacturer (not Nissan as they're just Renault now) next time

Grendel

With two young kids I've got a Renault Scenic, nice comfortable car but the electrics are awful. Going to buy a Japanese or other Far Eastern manufacturer (not Nissan as they're just Renault now) next time

Hyundai I think is a pretty underrated brand

Evo1883

Honda jazz 2008 .
Got it given to me for free , so I drive it and look massive in it .. pull all the old birds though

Grendel

I had a brand new Hyundai before this one, never had a single problem with it in 7 years

has a 5 year warranty and pretty cheap service plans etc it’s trouble free motoring

skybluetony176

KIA’s are decent. Had one for the last 3 years now definitely be replacing it with another.

Most troublesome car I’ve ever had was a Renault Scenic. Shit electrics and shit gearbox. Had to replace it at 16K and found out that on this particular type of Renault auto box that was pretty good, they didn’t usually do more than 10K.

Users who are viewing this thread