Clubs chasing Lukas Jutkiewicz (2 Viewers)

rob9872

Grim eh? We'd be better off with Clint Eastwood, Gail Platt and Jason Donovan.

Especially for you then - did she marry 5 or did she marry 6?

CovScott88

How much do we think it would cost for the board to accept? He cost up to £1m last year, has improved drastically and is our lead talisman up front, so...................£300k?!:)

ccfc_Tom

No free agent can replace him in the long term imo, so it's very grim. Fed up of this pre season so far.

ashbyjan

We are skint - have bills to pay - we have an assett that someone wants to give us money for - bye bye Juke. Football reasons will not come into it - its purely financial. SISU will not put money into the club anymore so we need it from somewhere else, therefore players will have to be sold. Expect Juke to be followed by Turner and Clingan, possibly Cranie and replaced by journeymen nobodies on free transfers. The up turn at the end of the season simply papered over the cracks of our dire situation off the field and selling Juke will simply keep us afloat for another few months. Obviously if we have installments to pay to Everton which we cannot afford we may be forced to sell him to stop Everton complaining and another transfer enbargo being placed on us.

Marty

As long as the money is reinvested into the team then it would be fine to sell, we are still short of a few players and if selling Lukas gives us the chance to improve the squad as a whole, then i think we should sell for the right price.

skybluesteve76

I dont think we did get £2m for Best. Think in the year to 31st May 2010 we only sold Dann Fox and Best and for a total amount of £5.77m (net of agents costs etc). (figs from the accounts). Reckon it was net of costs Dann £3m Fox £2m and Best £0.77m but cant be sure of the split Rob

But totally agree with your comments about Jutkiewicz

I love your clear, concise,accurate and factual posts osb. Are you a teacher?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
no steve ..... run my own business in accounts and tax

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
now we dont want to start argueing do we cc4l :) lol

rob9872

Saints have Lee Barnard and Ricky Lambert so if we are to lose him, then that's an area I wouldn't expect is their priority to strengthen. I wouldn't mind either as part of a swap deal although we'll probably end up with David Connolly instead.

Juke has posted on twitter that he know's nothing about it. Guess where he is????

On his Holibobs. Straight off the plane to Southampton. You watch.

smileycov

Facebook User
Maybe the "liar" has asked he be bought by Blues for him to play up front with :whistle:

Lord_Nampil

It makes me laugh how people talk like he's gone! Rumours are rumours, only Southampton would interest him, though some times home town clubs
Never work! Ask Billy sharpe!! U think he will be here next season!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
As long as the money is reinvested into the team then it would be fine to sell, we are still short of a few players and if selling Lukas gives us the chance to improve the squad as a whole, then i think we should sell for the right price.

No money on player sales will make our transfer pot any bigger! It will go towards reducing debt so we'll be no better off!

Marty

No money on player sales will make our transfer pot any bigger! It will go towards reducing debt so we'll be no better off!

thats very true, maybe if we make a decent profit on him, i would of thought we'd invest a percentage at least to find an adequate replacement and bank the rest.

Covstu

it would be very disappointing if we let him go but for the right money...................

Paxman II

The Juke is a great prospect for us and I believe about to become a 'star' in this league for us. very disappointing if true.
I can only suspect that we are looking for cash? Makes no sense otherwise.
he cost us a £1m didn't he? can't let him go for less than £1,5m then right?

PhilWasn'tBabb

I know he still young but he only got 9 ish goals last season. Hardly a world beater and weren't half of them penalty's.

I would think if southampton are looking for another striker they would be look for somebody a bit more established at this leave and if they want they have boat loads of cash to spend.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I know he still young but he only got 9 ish goals last season. Hardly a world beater and weren't half of them penalty's.

I would think if southampton are looking for another striker they would be look for somebody a bit more established at this leave and if they want they have boat loads of cash to spend.

Do you not agree that he was a much improved player under Thorn, and got more goals in his last 10 games under Thorn than he did, in play as opposed to the Pen Spot, than he did under AB? (from what I recall, havent checked it stat wise).

He will be great for us this season, as long as we get someone to play alongside him.

PhilWasn'tBabb

True, he looked a different player at the end of the season and I agree he'll do great for us next season, but I can't see him really have alerted other clubs yet.

If he was to go I don't think he would command much more than a 1m. There are so many free agents out there which are driving down prices. On top of that there are clubs with money problem, much like ourselves who can be taken advantage of.

Covstu

Do you not agree that he was a much improved player under Thorn, and got more goals in his last 10 games under Thorn than he did, in play as opposed to the Pen Spot, than he did under AB? (from what I recall, havent checked it stat wise).

He will be great for us this season, as long as we get someone to play alongside him.

He was also a vastly improved player playing alongside that traitor so i think he could form a decent partnership with Phillips.

Coventry La La La

Andy Thorn - Jutkiewicz is not for sale

Thorn said,
“He is not someone I am looking to sell, that’s for sure. After what’s gone on this summer he is going to be my No.9 next year. We are expecting a big season for him next year and we think there is no end to what he can go on to."

"He’s got a few more years left on his contract and he’s a big, young talent who I am pleased we have got.”

“He’s certainly worth a lot of money, that’s for sure,” said Thorn. “So they wouldn’t have enough money to buy him. He is someone I rate really highly."
"I brought him to the club and I want him to be part of what we are doing here. I certainly don’t want him going out. I know it is the industry we are in but I am not looking to sell, but if people are interested in our players then we must be doing something right.”

rob9872

Let's hope there are no Juke 11 shirts printed then if he is going to be number 9!

skyblueinBaku

It's a bit early to panic, lads. Don't forget that this time of year is called The Silly Season. I'm sure that there will be plenty more unfounded rumours before next season kicks off.

Users who are viewing this thread