Clubs chasing Lukas Jutkiewicz (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

This would not be good at all. Lukas is our only quality striker and would really be missed if he were to move on. Hopefully the club will be able to withstand any bids, but given our current situation, I wouldn't bet my life on it! The big thing could be that he was born and raised in Southampton, who I believe he supports, so that could be a big pull for him. You couldn't really blame him for wanting to be closer to his home and family.

Stay with us for at least a couple more years though Juke, you know it makes sense.

rob9872

Oh ffs! :( As a City fan it never rains, only pours :(

rob9872

Tbf it lists Bristol, Millwall and Southampton. If we can't compete with holding onto a contracted player from those, then we might as well give up.

Jimthor

Sisu would look at him as profit not a great player. you never know..

SISU don't make the decisions like this, the board do. SISU only have 1 representative on the board.

JCR1987

Surely we'd have to make a million+ for it to be worth our while letting him go and, whilst I like him, I don't think he's the finished article and I can't see championship clubs forking out 1.5 - 2 million for a somewhat unproven striker.

rob9872

Got £2m for Best and Lukas shows more potential imo not to mention work-rate and attitude. I'm sure if L2 strikers are quoted at £1m then it would take £3m to see him go.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Firstly I think selling Jutkiewicz would be a big mistake both in a valuable player being lost but also in what it says to the fans about the direction we are heading. Think this is just a bit of baseless journalism but you never know ..... because part of the survival strategy is based on player sales by CCFC

With the greatest respect JimThor i do wish people would stop thinking there is a dividing line between SISU and what the board do. They have a member on the Board for a reason, to make sure they have input in all decisions, but above that the Board are appointed by SISU so you can expect a close rather than distant relationship. More importantly SISU controls the money, if they decide their Board need to sell players for the club to survive then the Board will sell players - control of the finances is the power at CCFC and SISU controls that. Chelsea has a Board of Directors but we all know who controls the club. Just to be clear that is not a criticism of SISU.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont think we did get £2m for Best. Think in the year to 31st May 2010 we only sold Dann Fox and Best and for a total amount of £5.77m (net of agents costs etc). (figs from the accounts). Reckon it was net of costs Dann £3m Fox £2m and Best £0.77m but cant be sure of the split Rob

But totally agree with your comments about Jutkiewicz

CovScott88

We wouldn't really be surprised if Juke was sold and then free transfers brought in to replace him though would we. That's the reality of being a City fan I suppose.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
to be honest there is very little at CCFC that surprises me but plenty that has over the years disappointed. I think given our finances the Club has to consider any good offer for any of our players. I wont be happy if he goes though

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure on this but arent there still some instalments on his transfer to pay Everton? If so perhaps that would also increase the pressure to sell him ?

mattylad

After Thorn came out and said what a big season he thinks the bloke will have it would be a slap in his face were he sold....this is probably just an agent trying to hawk him around, perhaps Juke is not happy they did not resign King?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I hope there is nothing in this rumour. If he was to go, which i cant see unless we get a reaply over the odds offer that we cant turn down, we will be down to Eastwood, O'Donovan, Platt and Jeffers. Now that doesnt give me much confidence. AT has his budget and i cant seein ajy sales increasing that budget so we'pl be screwed if we sell up. Heres hoping its onpy a rumour and stays that way!

TheRoyalScam

Firstly I think selling Jutkiewicz would be a big mistake both in a valuable player being lost but also in what it says to the fans about the direction we are heading. Think this is just a bit of baseless journalism but you never know ..... because part of the survival strategy is based on player sales by CCFC

With the greatest respect JimThor i do wish people would stop thinking there is a dividing line between SISU and what the board do. They have a member on the Board for a reason, to make sure they have input in all decisions, but above that the Board are appointed by SISU so you can expect a close rather than distant relationship. More importantly SISU controls the money, if they decide their Board need to sell players for the club to survive then the Board will sell players - control of the finances is the power at CCFC and SISU controls that. Chelsea has a Board of Directors but we all know who controls the club. Just to be clear that is not a criticism of SISU.

^^^^^^^^^
What he said!

Put simply - SISU own the club and are the only shareholders now that RR and GH have resigned. Their 'representative' on the board [Onye] will be able to steamroller any decision - that's how we sold Fox, Dann, Best and tried to offload Conor Thomas - SISU exists for and serves its investors, not CCFC, so if a £2.5m bid comes in for Juke they will be obliged to consider it.

Glenn Storer

This would be an absolute disaster, I can't really see it happening but then again this is CCFC so nothing is certain. Growing rumours about Clingan to Ipswich as well, but if that happens I'll eat my shoes.

Nick

Administrator
I can see it happening. I would jump at the chance to play for my home team and they would probably offer a better wage then we could at the minute.

CovScott88

There's no doubt that the lure of playing for your home town club could be very appealing to him. Especially as he will be closer to his friends and family.
I certainly wouldn't begrudge him the move, though obviously I want him to stay!

dojer

Really hope this is not true, the only point that would point against this being the case is the article links Juke to Bristol City who already have Stead, Maynard, Clarkson, Taylor and Brett Pitman, surely they can't be after yet another striker, so maybe the journalist is being lazy with the report. I see the Clingan to Ipswich having more potential as I believe he's in the final year of his contract so the board would prefer to get a fee over nothing for him

CovScott88

Really hope this is not true, the only point that would point against this being the case is the article links Juke to Bristol City who already have Stead, Maynard, Clarkson, Taylor and Brett Pitman, surely they can't be after yet another striker, so maybe the journalist is being lazy with the report. I see the Clingan to Ipswich having more potential as I believe he's in the final year of his contract so the board would prefer to get a fee over nothing for him

There is quite a high chance that Nicky Maynard could leave though. Plus I remember reading that a Prem team were after Brett Pitman aswell.
Add that to the fact Stead is poor and who knows!

Hcut PUSB

There is quite a high chance that Nicky Maynard could leave though. Plus I remember reading that a Prem team were after Brett Pitman aswell.
Add that to the fact Stead is poor and who knows!

I agree very high chanMaynard will def go, if Pitman is on for a move as well they would be in the hunt for a striker, Stead seemed ok early doors for them last season but it didnt carry on for long, as we know from his spell with us he isnt a 25 a year man.

ccfcway

CCFC - Club took a chance on him, settled in the area ?. guaranteed a starting place

Southampton - Home town club, more money, more chance of promotion to PL

hmmm

Ernie Machin

Just another rumour.

Though if Southampton really are interested, then we have a big problem. Just when you think our forward line couldn't get any weaker.

CovScott88

Just another rumour.

Though if Southampton really are interested, then we have a big problem. Just when you think our forward line couldn't get any weaker.

What are you worried about Ernie? You must be forgetting that we have 3 other prolific strikers - Freddy Eastwood, Clive Platt and Roy O'Donovan.
Everything will be fine.............haha! :facepalm:

CovLis86

This would just be a massive disaster if true. I think that would be the final nail for a lot of fans, and i could see the protests coming around the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread