Club Statement on remaining games (4 Viewers)

wingy

Sounds to me like they tried everywhere they could to play their matches but couldn't find anyone who could take them so have decided they have no other choice than to come back and play at the Ricoh.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2
Or acknowledged through representations made that they really risked not only offending their teams own fans but killing off a considerable percentage of next years business.I think someone has relayed this likely scenario to them .

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

cloughie

As I see it If CCFC ltd who hold the lease to the stadium and possibly the league shares then surely the administrator should be negotiotating with ACL for the last 3 games if there ever was a doubt about where we play, probably wasn't as the admin knew that 14 day grace

The embarrassing position of fisher having to go cap in hand to suggest he is willing to talk is beyond belief

Come tuesday tea time I guess he maybe gone

James Smith

As I see it If CCFC ltd who hold the lease to the stadium and possibly the league shares then surely the administrator should be negotiotating with ACL for the last 3 games if there ever was a doubt about where we play, probably wasn't as the admin knew that 14 day grace

The embarrassing position of fisher having to go cap in hand to suggest he is willing to talk is beyond belief

Come tuesday tea time I guess he maybe gone
We can hope!

rupert_bear

I told you before the weekend the players told Fisher and Waggott in no uncertain terms if the Ricoh is available on Friday that is where they will be playing Doncaster. In other words they would refuse to play somewhere else. ACL have said the Ricoh is available this week and for the other games.

Personally i never thought we would play elsewhere but the threat upset supporters and was clearly used by sisu management to undermine ACL. didn't work, another gaff

Grendel

I told you before the weekend the players told Fisher and Waggott in no uncertain terms if the Ricoh is available on Friday that is where they will be playing Doncaster. In other words they would refuse to play somewhere else. ACL have said the Ricoh is available this week and for the other games.

Personally i never thought we would play elsewhere but the threat upset supporters and was clearly used by sisu management to undermine ACL. didn't work, another gaff

This is nothing to do with players. Think about what is required to get a game on at another ground. Groundstaff, turnstile operators, stewards not to mention the police. The notion this would be done without it getting into the public domain insulted my intelligence.

Clueless One the Second needs to go.

Sky Blue Pete

No it's the fault of both sides. Frankly both are as culpable as each other. SISU as we know them as have been bloody minded and arrogant, failed to be forthcoming enough and played it like a card game when they were not getting what they wanted. Should they expect to be given the Ricoh? Of course not. Can they expect a better deal going forwards into the future which does include some participation in the Ricoh? Yes. I say Yes because that's no different to any new investor will want or the football club is unsustainable. Period.
ACL have squeezed the club along the way while reaping the benefits of a high rent and keeping other revenue streams controlled away from the club. When they were set up by the Council this must have been known? The rent debate simply brought it to a head.
We can all agree the football club simply has to play there. ACL therefore have to find a more suitable set of terms to offer whoever owns the football club. It must be more realistic. ACL like all of us have been slow on realising this while reaping the benefits but ultimately they will lose benefit if they don't recognise they must make a deal that is fairer to the occupying tenant (the football club).
I don't think ACL should ever had existed in the first place. I would prefer a consortium to have the opportunity to own the stadium on say a 99 year lease with land investment shares in place with others. ACL can continue as is and the football club should exercise it's golden share and have access to those specific revenues they create and yet do not profit from. Then SISU have something to move forward on and to realise a return on investment on by selling up and leaving. A deal as such could have a cap placed on that so the scummy bags that SISU can be are not unreasonable when getting out.
Can't deal with fraudsters though!! Think the deal you talk of will happen after a change of owners!!

J

Jack Griffin

I'm glad we will see out the remaining games at the Ricoh this season.

There would though have been one good thing to come out of playing a home game somewhere else. It would have made those Ricoh doubters realise just how much the Ricoh does feel like home.

Well seemingly real threat of it has modified the opinions of some (including me) & brought the fans viewpoints closer together.

I think most people are essentially saying to all parties, SORT IT OUT & STOP FIGHTING LIKE SPOILED CHILDREN & the RICOH IS WHERE CCFC PLAYS, DON'T EVEN THINK OF MOVING.

Grendel

Can't deal with fraudsters though!! Think the deal you talk of will happen after a change of owners!!

Plenty of people of dubious character own football clubs and others play.

They are judged by their success -- morality will always be a distant second.

Sky Blue Pete

Plenty of people of dubious character own football clubs and others play.

They are judged by their success -- morality will always be a distant second.
I accept that as completely true I would be an idiot to say otherwise. In this circumstance they have no alternative but to move on, obviously for the right compensation

Users who are viewing this thread