Club Statement on remaining games (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-250313-733178.aspx

Club statement regarding venue arrangements for final three home league fixtures

Coventry City are hopeful that it will play their remaining three games of the season at the Ricoh Arena. The club moved staff over to its Ryton training ground last week and have cleared stock from its superstore at the Ricoh.

Chief Executive Tim Fisher said he is hopeful that a new short-term agreement with Arena Coventry can be negotiated so that Friday’s game against table-topping Doncaster could take place at the Ricoh.

“The long-term license was terminated by the administrator, but we are hopeful that Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd can reach agreement with ACL to allow the team to play its final three games of the season at the Ricoh.

“We appreciate that our supporters have been through a great deal of upset and uncertainty, and there is a responsibility on all parties to ensure that the question of where we play our remaining three home games is resolved as soon as possible.

“Allowing supporters to watch the Sky Blues at the Ricoh for three games would be a sensible step forward. We have contacted ACL and hope to have some clarity in the next 24 hours.”

however, I don't think the adminstrator can simply terminate the agreement as suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

The CableGuy

"Chief Executive Tim Fisher said he is hopeful that a new short-term agreement with Arena Coventry can be negotiated so that Friday’s game against table-topping Doncaster could take place at the Ricoh."

ACL have already said yes, Timmy. You made the decision to move out!

Brighton Sky Blue

What a bizarre sequence of events. After berating ACL for months on end he once more attempts to get them back to the negotiating table on a 'short term basis'. This man is not fit to be running the club.

RoboCCFC90

Well this is great news, I never wanted to leave the Ricoh personally, but very glad we are staying. I for one would have followed City wherever we went, but its better to be at the Ricoh that's our current home and its in OUR City!

J

Jack Griffin

Looks like the current game is to try & shift blame from the clubs actions to ACL.
It is all a bit transparent, I can't see ACL accepting a short term deal or any deal with CCFC(Holdings) Ltd as that might undermine their position in court.

If TF is talking about a short term deal, then why doesn't the administrator of CCFC Ltd accept the offer on the table as an interim measure on the understanding negotiations can continue next season?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blues

“The long-term license was terminated by the administrator, but we are hopeful that Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd can reach agreement with ACL to allow the team to play its final three games of the season at the Ricoh."

Are they going to add a new ribbon to the club badge to fit the word "(Holdings)" on?

On a serious note, was the licence actually terminated Mr Fisher or are you just hoping it has been terminated? The thought the administrator listed the licence as one of the assets of Coventry City FC Ltd.

The administrator is quoted as saying: "Contrary to what has been written and broadcast, CCFC Ltd is not completely without assets. The primary asset of the Company is the lease and licence for the Ricoh Arena."

Last edited:

Tonylinc

Looks like the current game is to try & shift blame from the clubs actions to ACL.
It is all a bit transparent, I can't see ACL accepting a short term deal as that might undermine their position in court.

If TF is talking about a short term deal, then why doesn't SISU accept the offer on the table as an interim measure on the understanding negotiations can continue next season?
The real problem here is that nobody can negotiate with people like this. No matter what agreement is reached they will deny it the very next day.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
“Allowing supporters to watch the Sky Blues at the Ricoh for three games would be a sensible step forward. We have contacted ACL and hope to have some clarity in the next 24 hours.”

ACL have said this all along. What is there to agree?

ACL have never said the club could not continue with this being the venue for the final 3 games. Why suggest it is SISU who are fighting for this to happen?

Mug!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
TF did you really have to cause all that grief to the fans!!! ACL said Friday it was available to use dont try make out you are doing the fans a favour

Perhaps i am missing something but surely if the only thing that is in CCFC is the lease & licence and that is now broken that must mean CCFC has been liquidated because unless ACL agree or a court rules on it there is no way to break it otherwise.

But wait I forgot the league share is in CCFC isnt it? ........ so is the licence or lease broken TF or is it purely a seperate company making arrangements to use the stadium?

Just out of interest who was moving the club out of the stadium????

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

It is all a bit transparent, I can't see ACL accepting a short term deal or any deal with CCFC(Holdings) Ltd as that might undermine their position in court.

If TF is talking about a short term deal, then why doesn't the administrator of CCFC Ltd accept the offer on the table as an interim measure on the understanding negotiations can continue next season?

The depths of his incompetence become more apparent by the day. I long for the time when this man and those who employed him no longer have anything to do with the club and somebody with an ounce of competence is installed in their place.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So in summary TF, CCFC will be playing at the Ricoh and paying matchday expenses ....... now where have i seen that before:facepalm::facepalm::thinking about::thinking about:

Last edited:

georgehudson

i anticipate a TF resignation imminently,
his original statement to liquidate,
surely provoked the ACL admin move,
then a sisu manoevre to get theirs in 1st,
thus a creation of mayhem,
'oh what a tangled web',
i just hope the judge has researched the history of this shenanigans

Samo

So after all that posturing it's cap in hand back to ACL Mr Fisher, I hope they make you squirm you twat!

J

Jack Griffin

So in summary TF, CCFC will be playing at the Ricoh and paying matchday expenses ....... now where have i seen that before:facepalm::facepalm::thinking about::thinking about:

No, ACL will permit CCFC Ltd to continue playing there with the same interim arrangements they've had all season. Then TF will say ACL refused to strike a deal with CCFC (Holdings) Ltd, it's there faullt.

WFC

Oh dear. Not decided yet then. They want ACL to agree a short term lease so it strengthens the claim that CCFCH isn't liable for the existing one. If. I was ACL I wouldn't fall for this and just say you don't need one you have an existing lease and if you don't agree you have 14days anyway. SISU won't want to do this for fear of strengthening ACL's case. The last bit of the statement is to push blame to ACL if it doesn't happen.

I can see a petition to postpone the game at this rate and if the FL refuse they have the choice of not fulfilling the fixture or playing at Ricoh without what they've asked for.

The only thing this clears up is that they had and have nowhere else to go, the price wanted was too high for them,the FL wouldn't grant permission, or they wanted cash and they haven't got it ready available.

In fact nothing is any clearer or more certain than before.

covkid69

i just wish shit but dim tim would just feck off and take joyless and all her cronies with him....really have had enough of the crap that surrounds our club.i've been supporting the sky blues 46 years and i have never known times like it...endless transfer embargos court cases and arguments....just sort the shit out and lets get on with getting out of this shit league :jerkit::jerkit:

italiahorse

ACL have said this all along. What is there to agree?

ACL have never said the club could not continue with this being the venue for the final 3 games. Why suggest it is SISU who are fighting for this to happen?

Mug!

Yes they have ..........

Sky Blue Kid

There won't be any negotiating rent for the 3 remaining games....There is a "Cooling off period" of 2 weeks where nobody will have to pay rent!;)

mattylad

to be fair its a crock of shit that statement but then I doubt he wrote it plus the bit about the next 24 hours is because it is still all pending tomorrow's court ruling

Big_Ben

You can't please any of the people any of the time it seems.
First they say 'I'm not going to Walsall/Brum, if it's not at the Ricoh, I'm not going - get in there SISU and talk to ACL', then when SISU arranges with ACL for the last 3 games to be at the Ricoh it's shedloads of abuse and vitriol again.

J

Jack Griffin

I'm begining to get the feeling the game will be postponed.

AFCCOVENTRY

POP THE BUBBLY OPEN!!

WE ARE PLAYING OUR HOME GAMES AT HOME :claping hands::claping hands::facepalm:

NICE ONE TIM. BEST DECISION OF THE SEASON ;)

2.jpg

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You can't please any of the people any of the time it seems.
First they say 'I'm not going to Walsall/Brum, if it's not at the Ricoh, I'm not going - get in there SISU and talk to ACL', then when SISU arranges with ACL for the last 3 games to be at the Ricoh it's shedloads of abuse and vitriol again.

Look it is all spin ............. i agree with Jack there is some manoeuvering going on ............. but at the end of the day SISU and TF run CCFC, CCFC ltd and CCFC H and have had scant regard for the fans in all this, dont forget they have already changed the fixture, inconvenienced people, refused refunds etc etc . The average fan doesnt give a toss about the legals and accountancy stuff they just want to see their team play their home games at their home ground ...... TF and co have made that uncertain, hard annd downright inconvenient. They are not doing the fans any favours in any of this and still TF etc seeks to deflect responsibility on to others. Is it any damn wonder they get a load of stick here and elswhere

AFCCOVENTRY

Look it is all spin ............. i agree with Jack there is some manoeuvering going on ............. but at the end of the day SISU and TF run CCFC, CCFC ltd and CCFC H and have had scant regard for the fans in all this, dont forget they have already changed the fixture, inconvenienced people, refused refunds etc etc . The average fan doesnt give a toss about the legals and accountancy stuff they just want to see their team play their home games at their home ground ...... TF and co have made that uncertain, hard annd downright inconvenient. They are not doing the fans any favours in any of this and still TF etc seeks to deflect responsibility on to others. Is it any damn wonder they get a load of stick here and elswhere

You can see it already how tough SISU will be if they have to sell up and leave....

acting like silly little brats

Steve.B50

Well done.
You know who you are.
One person got this sorted out by making two groups talk to each other.

Thank You !

Users who are viewing this thread