Closing South Stand now (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Just read that they are closing the South Stand now to home supporters. It will be for away supporters only, unless there is the demand there.

They need to make their minds up what they are doing.

covcity4life

they should only open the goal that cov are shooting at too. no point allowing our clean sheet record to be ruined now.

oscillatewildly

I thought the idea of opening up South stand (with the closure of North stand) for home supporters was to generate atmosphere with being close to visiting fans? Maybe the club feels we've peaked after Friday evening?

Astute

they should only open the goal that cov are shooting at too. no point allowing our clean sheet record to be ruined now.

Do you mean have us all behind the goal we are attacking and move us all to the other stand for the second half? ;)

At least we know that they are good at running a football club :slap:

Evans1883

Ricoh should have been designed and poistioned so that away supporters could be situated in what we all know now as singers corner , great design flaw tbh

blend

Maybe they are considering moving the away fans a bit closer to Singers Corner, it does seem strange though not to have home fans behind either goal. Are they consulting with fans regarding this as surely this is key.

Evans1883

Lets face it , if the stadium had tiers , something im sure we would all have loved , then this would be a non issue , as they could just close the top tier around the whole stadium ...booooooo ricoh designers boooo

Skyblueweeman

You know the old saying, "it's a game of two halves"? That means they switch half way through the game so one team then shoots the other way and vice versa!

Last edited:

aloisiwouldhavescored

Maybe they are considering moving the away fans a bit closer to Singers Corner, it does seem strange though not to have home fans behind either goal. Are they consulting with fans regarding this as surely this is key.
There will be fans in the CET Stand now though. They have decided to keep this open, but only back to Rows LL.

Ashdown

More pathetic police interference no doubt. The South Stand would have generated a cracking atmosphere from blocks 18-10 due to the proximity to the away fans. They really are determined to make it as library like as they possibly can. In the meantime still picking up £35 per hour for overtime. So we'll be now 5 blocks away from the away fans at the very least. Stupid twats !

italiahorse

More pathetic police interference no doubt. The South Stand would have generated a cracking atmosphere from blocks 18-10 due to the proximity to the away fans. They really are determined to make it as library like as they possibly can. In the meantime still picking up £35 per hour for overtime. So we'll be now 5 blocks away from the away fans at the very least. Stupid twats !

It's a balance.
The further you put fans away from each other the less chance of an incident but less chance of banter and competitive chanting.

I think we need a drum :)

RoboCCFC90

They need to make their minds up what they are doing.

Hardly the a Clubs fault is it? They are trying to appease the fans! At the end of the day you get slated for doing so and then you get slated for not doing so, you can't win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Hardly the a Clubs fault is it? They are trying to appease the fans! At the end of the day you get slated for doing so and then you get slated for not doing so, you can't win!

How many do you think asked for the South Stand to be closed then?

If they had been listening to us they would have closed rows at the top to bring us closer together and closer to the pitch. Don't think many if any at all would have asked them to close a stand behind a goal.

Moff

This decision will have come from the Safety Committe, which comprises far more than just the Police and will have been made with Police, H and S, ACL, CCFC and others on the Committee.
It will also be a financial decision by the Club and possibly ACL as most matches now are not Policed within the Stadium and so the Club will have to decide on what is safest, in order to not pay for policing inside the ground and in respect of stewarding.
This decison therefore will not be directly from the Police.

Baginton

Rip the seats up and we'll all do this, be a right laugh...

[video=youtube;n55ab5-dVcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55ab5-dVcI[/video]

Otis

If they had been listening to us they would have closed rows at the top to bring us closer together and closer to the pitch. Don't think many if any at all would have asked them to close a stand behind a goal.

Now maybe this is just too bleedin obvious, but why don't they just close off 32 and 33, 25 and 26 and 15 and 16. Now I know people like 15, but surely if Singers Corner could be behind the goal that would be much better. Fans behind both goals and at the sides, but just all the corners closed off.

stadium-zones-ra-with-pitch144-1905065.jpg

J

Jack Griffin

@Otis, I think the prices are set lower in the corners. But I'm sure someone could come up with an improved scheme that worked price & location wise if they put their minds to it.

Kneeza

Now maybe this is just too bleedin obvious, but why don't they just close off 32 and 33, 25 and 26 and 15 and 16. Now I know people like 15, but surely if Singers Corner could be behind the goal that would be much better. Fans behind both goals and at the sides, but just all the corners closed off.

Ah, you mean just like a proper old-fashioned footy ground; like HR in fact? I'll go along with that.

Nick

Administrator
You know the old saying, "it's a game of two halves"? That means they switch half way through the game so one team then shoots the other way and vice versa!

To be honest, the last couple of seasons at the Ricoh I did just move at half time to see the way we were shooting better :)

RoboCCFC90

Did you put that idea to the Club or did you hope that they'd see it on here?

I am not sure many asked for the South Stand to be closed as it was not the direct issue, the issue was closing the CT Stand which in turn by opening it up again reverted to the old process of closing the South Stand.

shmmeee

I am not sure many asked for the South Stand to be closed as it was not the direct issue, the issue was closing the CT Stand which in turn by opening it up again reverted to the old process of closing the South Stand.

I asked Fisher when we were last at the Ricoh about closing the back rows. He just said "that's....interesting" in a slightly condescending way.

Kingokings204

I asked Fisher when we were last at the Ricoh about closing the back rows. He just said "that's....interesting" in a slightly condescending way.

Fisher and condescending. No you must have the wrong bloke.

Astute

Are you being serious? If so I suppose you contacted the club to say that they shouldn't close the North stand but should close the South stand instead.

I love away games. One of the main reasons is that the banter can be a good laugh. It is normally easy to get a seat near our opponents supporters. I prefer to go behind a goal. The best atmospheres are normally behind a goal. But now for a home game I will not be able to go behind the goal and close to the away supporters. Singers corner can be a good laugh. But will it be the same if our supporters end right next to where we would be sitting?

Football is entertainment.....allegedly. Give people what they want and they are more likely to attend. Take away what they want and you take away what they want at a day at the football. Safety committee? Nothing to do with them as they closed the North stand and left the south stand open. Closing top rows and keeping the rest open would let everyone sit in what stand they want. Only those that want a seat at or near the top would be unhappy. And when the demand is there they could open a row at a time to accommodate us.

Several on here say that we only turn up when it is a fiver or tenner a game. Maybe so for many. But for thousands of us it isn't the case. I am one of those. The ticket price for me is only about 10% of what it costs me to go to a game. All I want is a ticket in the stadium where I want to be. If I am forced to go where I don't want to be and there are two games that week with one being away....and my shifts would allow me to go to both I would go to the away game.

skybluebal

Lets face it , if the stadium had tiers , something im sure we would all have loved , then this would be a non issue , as they could just close the top tier around the whole stadium ...booooooo ricoh designers boooo

That would have been nice, but probably cost them more. However, you can create the same by just opening the rows from the bottom up. That way you get all the fans together and the atmosphere. I really don't understand the closing of certain blocks and the concern over visiting fans is completed exaggerated. Its been said before, Premier league grounds seem to manage with a line of stewards but we seem to need a whole stand and more!

letsallsingtogether

Or close the bottom rows who wants to get wet when the weather turns.

That would have been nice, but probably cost them more. However, you can create the same by just opening the rows from the bottom up. That way you get all the fans together and the atmosphere. I really don't understand the closing of certain blocks and the concern over visiting fans is completed exaggerated. Its been said before, Premier league grounds seem to manage with a line of stewards but we seem to need a whole stand and more!

Hobo

The best place to watch a game is from the side around the halfway line, two thirds backs. I started to wonder if teams who adopted side ends had more intelligent supporters. Then I remembered traditionally Birmingham and Burnley fans had side ends and realised it was a stupid notion.

Otis

The best place to watch a game is from the side around the halfway line, two thirds backs. I started to wonder if teams who adopted side ends had more intelligent supporters. Then I remembered traditionally Birmingham and Burnley fans had side ends and realised it was a stupid notion.

Yep, totally agree. Halfway line, 2/3rds back. I am just slightly higher than that, but I think you see more of the game and can identify more that's going on.

italiahorse

Agree. That's where I am :)

Baginton

I had half way line, back row for the JPT games 2012/13, perfect view, but a hard climb up and down, specially if you needed a pee

Otis

I had half way line, back row for the JPT games 2012/13, perfect view, but a hard climb up and down, specially if you needed a pee
Not a problem for me, there's a fat bloke in the row right in front of me with really deep pockets in his jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread