Cllr Maton (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

Any dig at SISU is a dig at the club at the moment, his comments basically wash his hands with the process. Wants to protect his new play thing and couldn’t give a shit about the impact this is having for us fans.
I hope you have a ‘strong’ word with him on Sunday fella!
Why would a dig at Sisu be a dig at the club? Completely separate entities.

Covstu

Why would a dig at Sisu be a dig at the club? Completely separate entities.
All his comments are aimed at how great wasps are and that it’s all sisus fault, his personal vendetta against them means that there will be no support in getting the club back to Coventry. Separate entities yes but one affects the other massively

Philosorapter

Councillor accused of bullying has offered to lead investigation

One of my favourite news stories from recent years for the sheer craziness of it.

City leaders respond to calls for bullying investigation

I have the anon letter saved somewhere to share on a rainy day.

I do hope she does the right thing and steps down after her term is up.

Last edited:

usskyblue

It’s cllr matons birthday today

xUtKtfZ_d.jpg

oldfiver

My current councillors are all Conservative. Going to drop them a mail and see if they agree with Duggins.

Will put it from a business POV rather than football, ie: do they agree with Duggins that the council has no role to play in assisting a business worth in excess of £10m a year to the local economy in returning to the city and if so does that apply to all businesses or just CCFC.

Councillor Gary Ridley | Woodlands Ward | Conservative Party | Coventry City Council

Philosorapter

Philosorapter

I guess this thread is going roll on till Local Election Day. There's plenty to discuss.

Adge

I don't know about you lot but I have always voted Labour to stop people like this gaining power.
Just so we are clear-you would always vote Labour even if you didn’t agree with their policies/manifesto just to stop another party/person winning?

Philosorapter

Just so we are clear-you would always vote Labour even if you didn’t agree with their policies/manifesto just to stop another party/person winning?

I never said that.

It is quite clear with voting patterns that people choose who they vote for based on a number of options which are not necessarily anything to do with politics.

Philosorapter

To be clear Adge, would these be people you would vote for?

Last edited:

Philosorapter

Four year to delve through here. This may take a while but there's plenty to talk about.

CovInEssex

The reality with being a councillor is, because it's seen as a part-time gig (in reality it isn't - you're answering your phone all day long from residents and responding to emails) the wages aren't worth it to those with qualifications and experience in the real world, they can just earn 3-4 times as much in a normal job. This means that the 2 biggest groups of people that become Councillors are a) young people who want to get into politics (many many MP's start as Councillors) b) old people who want to top up their state pension and c) people who can be Councillors full time because their spouse is the bread winner.

In short, any one who has any experience, qualifications or business acumen doesn't become a Cllr.

better days

Coventry labour council are only interested in two things.
1/ their own pockets
2/ look after anyone except the people of coventry
It's a fact that there are crooks in all political parties
But inner city Labour seems to attract a lot more than their fair share

chiefdave

The reality with being a councillor is, because it's seen as a part-time gig (in reality it isn't - you're answering your phone all day long from residents and responding to emails) the wages aren't worth it to those with qualifications and experience in the real world, they can just earn 3-4 times as much in a normal job.
What's the thinking behind every ward having 3 part time councillors on £13K a year rather than someone full time on £40K a year?

better days

Coventry Labour councillors have probably followed the example of their past MP

Police probe Labour ex-minister's expenses after he paid £30,000-per-year salary to a long-term friend who was working in his office aged 89
  • Scotland Yard has launched criminal investigatio into expenses of ex-Labour MP
  • Police began probe into Geoffrey Robinson over £30k salary paid to his friend
  • Mail on Sunday previously reported Robinson's alleged spying for the USSR
By GLEN OWEN POLITICAL EDITOR FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 00:37, 8 March 2020 | UPDATED: 00:56, 8 March 2020

Scotland Yard has launched a criminal investigation into suspected irregularities in a former Labour Minister's Commons expenses, as uncovered by The Mail on Sunday.

The police launched the probe into Geoffrey Robinson over a £30,000-a-year taxpayer-funded salary paid to a long-term friend who was working in his constituency office at the age of 89.

The newspaper revealed in December that Mr Robinson, who was Paymaster General under Tony Blair, told Commons authorities that Brenda Price was working virtually full-time for him just two months before he disclosed that she was so frail that she required round-the-clock nursing care.

After seeing the results of our inquiries, the Commons authorities alerted the police, who have now triggered a formal investigation and asked to study our evidence.

22538796-7817619-image-m-145_1576964327729.jpg

+4
Picture: Former Attorney General and Labour MP Geoffrey Robinson (left) attends a Coventry City Premier League match with Brenda Price (right) in 2000

The dossier includes details of how Mr Robinson was granted power of attorney over Ms Price's affairs while she was still receiving her salary, potentially giving him control over her finances.

Users who are viewing this thread