Clive Eakin [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] (1 Viewer)

ms639

5 minutes into the 2nd half McCallum down the wing attacking the Luton goal. Clive forgets they’ve changed ends, wildly surprised that McCallum is running towards his own goal (he isn’t) and congratulated him on winning a goal kick. Then calls Luton, Shrewsbury Town.

An absolute classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

reminds me of my uncle, was a lovely bloke, but died after getting run over by a bus
My uncle died from pushing a wheelbarrow full of paving slabs. Wheel barrow tipped to one side, he pulled a muscle in his thigh. Gave up on the job, had a couple of cans, went to bed and woke up with his leg twice it's usual size. He was an alcoholic and his blood didn't clot. Died a day later because his organs had flooded with blood. Tragic at the time but increasingly hilarious as the years go by.

Last edited:

Briles

I have really taken a shine to him, guaranteed a smile

Mcbean

It’s only when I have watched ifollow that you can relax a bit more listening to Clive - his excitement is mounting well out of the box on the radio and you get worried they are going to score but what you can see is Fadz about to clear it - and as for the shots on goal - must score is row Z

so it’s a much easier commentary to work with !

Hadji's_Goatee

Lets be honest he’s a bloody awful commentator.

On the radio you think City are about to score the way he always gets more excited when the opposition are on the attack!!! This is compounded when you’re watching his commentary and you realise this over excitement for opposition attacks are unfounded. Then you realise he is blind and/or has dementia when he can’t tell who is kicking the ball or who is playing. Flipping shambles.

He should do the right thing and let someone else do it. Let’s get Rob Gurney back.

TTG

Time to hang up the Mic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
and what be replaced by a perfectly normal, competent, boring commentator? Nah.

Or Martin Winch..... (Shudders)

curly_tom

I've said it before and repeating myself now but Clive is a really good commentator if you don't care which teams and what players are playing. Oggy also reads the game very well - he's a lot more tactically astute than I expected. I think they've a very good combo together.

I totally agree. I think Clive is great fun and actually does a really good job, when you watch the match as I have been doing this season you see how hard it is to describe the action for a radio audience. Watching the matches and listening is a very different experience. He makes a lot of mistakes which are often hilarious. The McCallum one referenced here was bewildering but marvellous. Oggy has a very good tactical understanding of the game and an incredible knowledge of every opposition, it doesn’t seem like he just does his homework on Wiki, he seems to have an in-depth knowledge. Great stuff I reckon.

Johhny Blue

I totally agree. I think Clive is great fun and actually does a really good job, when you watch the match as I have been doing this season you see how hard it is to describe the action for a radio audience. Watching the matches and listening is a very different experience. He makes a lot of mistakes which are often hilarious. The McCallum one referenced here was bewildering but marvellous. Oggy has a very good tactical understanding of the game and an incredible knowledge of every opposition, it doesn’t seem like he just does his homework on Wiki, he seems to have an in-depth knowledge. Great stuff I reckon.
Exactly.
I have “eavesdropped” on most opponents commentaries and we’re lucky to have Clive & Oggy.

Users who are viewing this thread