Video CLASSIC GAME | Coventry City v Arsenal, 26th December 1999 (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Fantastic side mixing it with the best. If we'd still had Dion and put him in that side instead of Roussel and it would've been incredible.

clint van damme

Roussel wins his fair share though considering who he is up against!

Massive part of Keane doing so well.

Who was the recruitment guy then was it someone Clarke?
Remember after this game he was saying his opposite number at Arsenal had rang him saying how did he spot Roussell and that everyone at Arsenal was raving about his performance.

LastGarrison

Who was the recruitment guy then was it someone Clarke?
Remember after this game he was saying his opposite number at Arsenal had rang him saying how did he spot Roussell and that everyone at Arsenal was raving about his performance.
No idea. Complimented Keane so well though.

What a goal by Hadji!! That's how I remember him!

pusbccfc

How much better is PUSB when it is slowed down like the old days. Not sure why we sing it at 100mph these days.

LastGarrison

I really liked Suker as a player. Thought he was class, Never really got a chance at Arsenal though with Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu and Ljungberg.
I know what you mean.

Was always a bit of a super sub at Arsenal. Which considering the player he was seems a bit harsh.

Suppose it just goes to show how good that Arsenal team was!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Really enjoyed that....it was good to fill in the blanks as I only had a drunken hazey memory of it being a cracking game....

...what time k.o was this match out of interest....I remember watching it in the boozer with loads of my old school mates but all a bit blurry

matesx

Come on come on sky blue army

While the sky is blue we’ll never lose....

Forgot that tune

Brylowes

Fantastic side mixing it with the best. If we'd still had Dion and put him in that side instead of Roussel and it would've been incredible.
In all fairness you could have left Roussel where he was and put Dion at CB, the team would
have been massively improved with Dion’s calming influence and prowess at the back.

Gynnsthetonic

Really enjoyed that....it was good to fill in the blanks as I only had a drunken hazey memory of it being a cracking game....

...what time k.o was this match out of interest....I remember watching it in the boozer with loads of my old school mates but all a bit blurry
As I remember it was roughly a 5pm ko

olderskyblue

It was Boxing Day, so I assume normal 3pm kick off ?

christonabike

At one point in the game you could see a clock above a stand and it showed 5 to 6.
Fook knows I was there but it’s so long ago I feel old! My daughter was born 4 years later! She is 16 :0

AlansEyes

Really enjoyed that. Brought back a lot of memories, unfortunately one of then was what a truly dreadful footballer Paul Williams was. The defence was a real blindspot for Strachan for his entire tenure.

clint van damme

Really enjoyed that. Brought back a lot of memories, unfortunately one of then was what a truly dreadful footballer Paul Williams was. The defence was a real blindspot for Strachan for his entire tenure.

Williams was terrible
Though their attack terrorised defences at the time yet we stopped Henry from scoring so maybe give him a little bit of credit

Users who are viewing this thread