Video CLASSIC GAME | Coventry City v Arsenal, 26th December 1999 (1 Viewer)

matesx

Ah remember it well.

Fond memory that one, I shall watch this with my 17 year old lad tomorrow with a couple of cold beers.

Poor lad has only ever heard my "old days" stories of a packed HR playing the likes of Arsenal. He has pretty much known nothing but lower league football and sparse crowds.

Looking forward to this.

clint van damme

Ah remember it well.

Fond memory that one, I shall watch this with my 17 year old lad tomorrow with a couple of cold beers.

Poor lad has only ever heard my "old days" stories of a packed HR playing the likes of Arsenal. He has pretty much known nothing but lower league football and sparse crowds.

Looking forward to this.

looking forward to this. Whenever they show Hadjis goal they start from about 3 or 4 passes previously. I'm fairly sure we had possession for a good 20 passes leading up to it.

Happy_Martian

This was the Sky game where Richard Keys started dubbing us "The Entertainers". That team had so much flair, why did we not do more with the players we had ? McAllister, Hajdi, Keane through the spine and a group of good (not world class) players supporting them. What could have been :)

Gman1987

This was the best it got in my opinion. We had a fantastic team this year, and the goals (from both sides) were sublime. To this day, I don't know how Keane managed that flick, and Suker was different gravy all together. Happy days

Paxman II

Took my son to this which I remember was a Boxing day game and he was so thrilled to be close to the likes of Henry and co as we sat by the tunnel. Great day that one.

speedie87

This was the best it got in my opinion. We had a fantastic team this year, and the goals (from both sides) were sublime. To this day, I don't know how Keane managed that flick, and Suker was different gravy all together. Happy days

I remember clapping the Suker goal!!

no_loyalty

This was the Sky game where Richard Keys started dubbing us "The Entertainers". That team had so much flair, why did we not do more with the players we had ? McAllister, Hajdi, Keane through the spine and a group of good (not world class) players supporting them. What could have been :)

We were great at home that season but shite away (don't think we won one)

fernandopartridge

We had a piss poor defence, Hadji and Chippo went up the African Nations Cup and Keane got injured.

Paul Anthony

It's funny, but it feels like watching an entirely different club sometimes! On our day, when we were good, we could be as good as anyone. Trouble was we weren't good enough consistently enough.

We should have been pushing for Europe that season. The UEFA Cup should surely have been possible, if we'd only picked up a handful of away wins. Who knows how differently things might have turned out...

Frank Sidebottom

It's funny, but it feels like watching an entirely different club sometimes! On our day, when we were good, we could be as good as anyone. Trouble was we weren't good enough consistently enough.

We should have been pushing for Europe that season. The UEFA Cup should surely have been possible, if we'd only picked up a handful of away wins. Who knows how differently things might have turned out...

Hopefully we'll get there again in the next few years.... We could be the new Burnley.

clint van damme

Just Wiki'd him.

Completely forgot we loaned him out to Watford. Only played 30 games for us.

Just didn't really work out for him with us.

We lost 4-3 at home to Leeds and as great as we were going forward we were poor defensively.
That changed when he came in, he protected the defence and gave McCallister and the Moroccans licence to play

Fairly sure we had a very decent home record after his arrival.
Still couldn't but a win away.

LastGarrison

First one of these I've watched. Quite good fun.

You forget how good Gary Mac was on his day. Although that first season he was poor.

How we let him go on a free is ridiculous. Had a brilliant spell at Liverpool though.

LastGarrison

We lost 4-3 at home to Leeds and as great as we were going forward we were poor defensively.
That changed when he came in, he protected the defence and gave McCallister and the Moroccans licence to play

Fairly sure we had a very decent home record after his arrival.
Still couldn't but a win away.
Always remember Watford away last game of the season (and a sublime bit of skill by Hadji) and them singing "No way, you'll never win away" and I think we elegantly responded with "We are Premier League say we are Premier League".

That didn't age well.

Users who are viewing this thread