Clarke - what would you do? (1 Viewer)

logjoe

He's put a transfer request in but the question is will somebody come in with a bid. The word was wolves but nothing yet dicko has now signed so are they going to make a move? He has a bad reputation for atitude etc so i think if by the end of the week nothing comes in i think it will be last minute before the window closes. So i think we need to look and bring someone in.

SkyBlueScottie

It all depends on the relationship between the players and Clarke + his relationship with Pressley. From the snippets we have heard and Pressleys curt response after the game it sounds as though there has been a falling out. If this can be repaired then he is worth keeping, if not sayanora.

Captain Dart

He's put a transfer request in but the question is will somebody come in with a bid. The word was wolves but nothing yet dicko has now signed so are they going to make a move? He has a bad reputation for atitude etc so i think if by the end of the week nothing comes in i think it will be last minute before the window closes. So i think we need to look and bring someone in.

He has put a request in because he & his agent know there are clubs lined up to take him.. why else would they do that?

torchomatic

b, but a if we could get a replacement.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If we get an offer of £500k or more move him on. I don't think we would get offered much more than that given his age and history. Also you have to factor in that other clubs will be aware of our financial situation and use it against us. I would think he would be a disruptive influence if he now stayed and that factors into the negotiations too, it will make any buying club a little wary but also put some pressure on CCFC to sell in January. No club is going to pay £500k or more for a one year contract so a longer contract will keep the price down too because of his age. If it is a Championship club coming in for him they will look at his record at higher level and see this season and last in L1 seem to be his best so there is a risk of not being able to do it in a higher division. Think £1m or more is way off the mark but would be happy if the club got that

The deal I doubt will be cash up front, deals rarely are, so it would not be an immediate cash flow boost in full. So looking at replacements does not and will not mean spending all the money I suspect. What the sale does do is to add to the pot for FFP and depending on the cost of the replacement (would be no surprise if it was a free) then we would be closer to meeting the FL regulations might even be within, certainly if Christie went too we should be. Would move the accounts to 31/05/14 nearer to breakeven too despite the poor attendances

Signed for free, scored plenty of goals, sold for a fee ....... seems like decent business. The reality is most clubs sell to survive

Last edited:

Gint11

I am starting to think it isn't Wolves that want him. I think it must be a lower end Championship team. I know Brighton are looking for strikers. It does make you wonder why Charlton were keen to let him go. I don't think he cuts it in the Championship and with his rep its risky.

RoboCCFC90

Everyone on here looks for any excuse to have a pop at sisu but tbh has nothing to do with transfer request. My question is what would you do?

a. Move him on in Jan - if so what fee would you accept?
b. Keep him till end of season - if so how much would tempt you to do option a
c. Keep till end of contract and lose for nothing.

Personally would like to do option b but £750K would move me to option a.

It's really difficult as a situation to establish what we would do with regards to Leon however I have two variable's in which would make a decision.

He Stays
Leon comes out in a public statement to the Club and the fans, apologises to everyone and takes back his transfer request, if then he starts to show more appetite in his play and his post match interviews I would be more than happy to keep him, he does after all provide us goals and no one can say that without him in the last one and a half seasons we would be better off, personally I think we may have been relegated last season had Leon been injured before the time he did so.

He Leaves
If he continues to play the 'Injury' card and still demands a transfer I would suggest get around £750K - £1M for him and get rid of him, anyone at Championship level (apparently Brighton and Barnsley) who will be looking at Leon will consider him a gamble anyhow, Wolves aren't likely to need him now anyway's as they have signed Dickho, the Club will move on and I am sure Pressley will bring in someone who wants to play for the Club and who wants to put in the desired work ethic.

Everyone on here looks for any excuse to have a pop at sisu but tbh has nothing to do with transfer request. My question is what would you do?

a. Move him on in Jan - if so what fee would you accept?
b. Keep him till end of season - if so how much would tempt you to do option a
c. Keep till end of contract and lose for nothing.

I would send him to the memorial Park to train in his own personal bombed out squad and never pick him again.

But I am in a bad mood today so maybe a bit vindictive :(
Personally would like to do option b but £750K would move me to option a.

It's really difficult as a situation to establish what we would do with regards to Leon however I have two variable's in which would make a decision.

He Stays
Leon comes out in a public statement to the Club and the fans, apologises to everyone and takes back his transfer request, if then he starts to show more appetite in his play and his post match interviews I would be more than happy to keep him, he does after all provide us goals and no one can say that without him in the last one and a half seasons we would be better off, personally I think we may have been relegated last season had Leon been injured before the time he did so.

He Leaves
If he continues to play the 'Injury' card and still demands a transfer I would suggest get around £750K - £1M for him and get rid of him, anyone at Championship level (apparently Brighton and Barnsley) who will be looking at Leon will consider him a gamble anyhow, Wolves aren't likely to need him now anyway's as they have signed Dickho, the Club will move on and I am sure Pressley will bring in someone who wants to play for the Club and who wants to put in the desired work ethic.

No way would anyone in their right mind pay £1m for him. His goals have all come in League 1 and mostly for us in a side that creates lots of chances. He is not exactly a 2 chances 1 goal machine is he. More like 5 chances 1 goal, which is no way good enough for a higher league and no League 1 club will spend £1m, not even Wolves.

thaiskyblue

just seen on sky that celtic want griffiths from wolves , but wolves won't sell till they bring someone in to play up front to replace him. Things could be starting to advance.

runner

It will be A ... he will go pre 31st January, whilst other options are appealing, but it won't happen sadly.

ccfc92

If it was a normal transfer, at a normal club, then I'd say sell.

But if we sell him, it will be undisclosed, and youth/loans/frees will be bought in.

Huge gamble :(

Just hoping LC changes his mind :(

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread