Clarke - what would you do? (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Everyone on here looks for any excuse to have a pop at sisu but tbh has nothing to do with transfer request. My question is what would you do?

a. Move him on in Jan - if so what fee would you accept?
b. Keep him till end of season - if so how much would tempt you to do option a
c. Keep till end of contract and lose for nothing.

Personally would like to do option b but £750K would move me to option a.

wafw1971

Sell him for what we can get, if he stays he will be a unhappy player and will ruin the team spirit that has been evident this season.

Grendel

Sell him - he has to go

gouldberg

Don't think B can be an option with Leon Clarke. He'll become a disruptive personality, doesn't have a problem showing frustration towards management in view of everyone (Di Canio sitaution) so we need to shift him. Slap a £1m price tag on him and see who comes closest to meeting it. Accept and move on.

Grendel

What is minimum we should accept then?

Around £500,000 I'd guess. He is 28 with only one good season and a poor reputation. It won't be anything like the fees being banded around here.

cloughie

Sell him for as much as we can get, with his past record of being a problem he will only spoil team spirit as he doesn't want to be here.

The problem is who do we get to replace that many goals

Steve.B50

He has done well here but always known as a nomad type of player.
If I were him, take the money while you can.

brinner

Id offer Marlon king a deal till end of the season as he is a free agent, if he is up for it then id cash in on Clarke.

RFC

We all need to calm down a little bit (including myself), unhappy & concerned but I've seen and experienced similar situations so many, many times before. HELP!

George Hudson, Terry Bly and quite a few more including Dion Dublin & Robbie Keane but times have changed dramatically due to Mr Murdoch (SKY) & very, very greedy agents.

Loyalty counts for nothing these days the likes of 'Oggy', Micky Gynn, Marcus Hall and those who got any where near 10 years have long gone (regrettably).

However as my son put it to me today if I'd have changed jobs every year when I was approached (or tapped-up) to increase your income considerably for doing the same job, would you have taken it? Answer YES!

I'm particularly disappointed because of the sense of togetherness in the squad, he was allegedly happy here and scoring for fun but will he be able to repeat these circumstances, personally I doubt it but who knows?

Basically frustrated by the situation but unhappy and don't wish him well.

Rusty Trombone

Sell him for what we can get, if he stays he will be a unhappy player and will ruin the team spirit that has been evident this season.

I agree, can't see Pressley wanting him around now. It was good while it lasted, but his long list of former clubs showed what was likely to happen.

Del Boy 82

With Leon's previous attitudes when he's not happy at a club id take a fee now. A sulking Leon around the young lads would be disastrous. Think we need to be realistic tho on a fee we could command, I think we'd be lucky to get 600k, but well never no as it will be undisclosed fee! This is where we see what pressley's got, I believe in him

ccfclinney

Him and Presley don't see eye to eye. Get rid. Guys a prick

I agree, i think he dont like pressleys training i.e high intensity and maybe they have fell out about it.
We all know leon is a lazy player. Sell him for 500k and try get a promising young player.

PUSB
Keep the faith

skybluericoh

Get what you can if he wants out then let him go. Thanks for the goals this season, turned what I thought would be deffo religation into some distant hope, but who would want to stay at a club where the owners don't give a shit? Just surprised more haven't done the same.

stupot07

Sell him now - £800k. Our squad is too young and impressionable to have an unhappy senior player effecting morale. This was one of the reasons Pressley had the bomb squad training elsewhere.

rob9872

good luck to him, earn it while he can. Do you seriously think foe a non fan journeyman pro who has the chance of being paid more at a club more likely going places that he will be thrilled to run out at sixfields in front of 2 men and a dog? Thanks for the goals Leon. Paid nothing success on the pitch and sold for profit. Compare with the much loved Freddie Eastwood on this forum ...

ccfc_Tom

Not a player who would try if he didn't want to be here. I'd sell in January for either 1mil+ which id want to see reinvested or trade for another player or two if possible to guarantee we got a replacement.

Hobo

Keep Leon Clarke if you want to see his lazy side. I value him at around 500 but could get 800...if we get offered 1M or north snap it up quick....honestly I would move him on never been convinced about his attitude. he is a Very good League 1 striker nothing more.

dongonzalos

Everyone on here looks for any excuse to have a pop at sisu but tbh has nothing to do with transfer request. My question is what would you do?

Option b
But 1.5 million would move me to a with a promise that SP gets a million of it for replacements.

Last time they didn't redistribute the wealth after the January sale and it screwed us and cost them 5 million.

dongonzalos

Did you think we started the season with the right amount of pro's and youngsters this season?

dongonzalos

We all need to calm down a little bit (including myself), unhappy & concerned but I've seen and experienced similar situations so many, many times before. HELP!

George Hudson, Terry Bly and quite a few more including Dion Dublin & Robbie Keane but times have changed dramatically due to Mr Murdoch (SKY) & very, very greedy agents.

Loyalty counts for nothing these days the likes of 'Oggy', Micky Gynn, Marcus Hall and those who got any where near 10 years have long gone (regrettably).

However as my son put it to me today if I'd have changed jobs every year when I was approached (or tapped-up) to increase your income considerably for doing the same job, would you have taken it? Answer YES!

I'm particularly disappointed because of the sense of togetherness in the squad, he was allegedly happy here and scoring for fun but will he be able to repeat these circumstances, personally I doubt it but who knows?

Basically frustrated by the situation but unhappy and don't wish him well.

Not sure how many posts you have done since joining but this is the first that makes any sense

Grendel

Option b
But 1.5 million would move me to a with a promise that SP gets a million of it for replacements.

Last time they didn't redistribute the wealth after the January sale and it screwed us and cost them 5 million.

They will never get £1.5 for Clarke

dongonzalos

Not sure how many posts you have done since joining but this is the first that makes any sense

I know, that's a ridiculous offer to me.
It is the offer that outweighs the loss of selling him at this stage.
5 months is nothing. He knows if he hits his target of 30 goals he will getter a better move in the summer. He won't sulk for long.
However get the ridiculous offer SISU said it would take to sell any if our players. Then you can hardly argue. Then it is purely a case of will they re invest.

Gint11

If the rumours about him handing in a transfer request were just that, then nothing. Now he has handed it in we know his head has been turned and he wants away. Fine. No-one wants to keep a player who doesn't want to be there. We sell him for the highest price we can possibly get or he rots in the reserves. Simple as that. The idiot shouldn't have signed a new deal in the summer.

D

Deleted member 2477

Slap a 1 mil price tag on him and make him train with the youth team until he's sold.
An ungrateful greedy cu-t

Otis

£500,000 would be great business.

The bloke has hardly commanded a fee his whole career, is 29 in just a few weeks, has a disruptive reputation, doesn't hang around anywhere for long and also has a bit of an injury record too.

Take whatever we can get. It won't be anywhere near a million that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread