Civic reception (3 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I’m clever enough to understand the reasons.
Why don’t people just come out and say they wish Sisu plan to get the Ricoh cheap had worked and Wasps coming in stopped it ?
Instead we get this franchise rubbish.
And then got it cheap themselves. Brilliant

Grendel

Why don’t people just come out and say they wish Sisu plan to get the Ricoh cheap had worked and Wasps coming in stopped it ?

You aren’t that clever. Wasps did what all hedge funds do - purchase a distressed business cheaply in the hope of quick profit maximisation.

The purchase of a 250 year lease is for valuation purposes freehold. The shareholder value was under 6 million for the management company on those terms. People like you complained bitterly that the football club should have paid the same for half the shares over a 45 year period which meant the asset value was low.

Wasps are firing directors and not replacing, are it seems having events cancelled on them and match day revenue per head is less than before they came.

Nick Eastwood is even more obnoxious than fisher. He spins and spins and spins but despite his claims of power and glory peel back the curtain and it’s looking all rather shabby.

The football club if it gets to the championship will only prosper if these black and gold bandits clear out of time. Everyone needs to understand that. If the club is to have any hope of competitiveness in higher leagues it doesn’t need investment in needs someone to chuck money in and get nothing back. There’s a chance if the club isn’t playing second fiddle and is tenants of some tinpot club with ridiculous delusions of grandeur.

We need them out.

Grendel

You aren’t that clever. Wasps did what all hedge funds do - purchase a distressed business cheaply in the hope of quick profit maximisation.

The purchase of a 250 year lease is for valuation purposes freehold. The shareholder value was under 6 million for the management company on those terms. People like you complained bitterly that the football club should have paid the same for half the shares over a 45 year period which meant the asset value was low.

Wasps are firing directors and not replacing, are it seems having events cancelled on them and match day revenue per head is less than before they came.

Nick Eastwood is even more obnoxious than fisher. He spins and spins and spins but despite his claims of power and glory peel back the curtain and it’s looking all rather shabby.

The football club if it gets to the championship will only prosper if these black and gold bandits clear out of time. Everyone needs to understand that. If the club is to have any hope of competitiveness in higher leagues it doesn’t need investment in needs someone to chuck money in and get nothing back. There’s a chance if the club isn’t playing second fiddle and is tenants of some tinpot club with ridiculous delusions of grandeur.

We need them out.

wingy

We need them out.
I didn't know which post to like so did both .:p

Grendel

What has that got to do with a civic reception?
Another great Thread ruined by people taking it of track.

Because ultimately there is going to come a point where people need to decide what they want. If it’s a football club that goes beyond the bottom two leagues then wasps need driving out of the City

Nick

Administrator
Because ultimately there is going to come a point where people need to decide what they want. If it’s a football club that goes beyond the bottom two leagues then wasps need driving out of the City

I know just the man.

Large

Otis

Bloody hell, they having another parade and civic ding dong?

Can't see many turning up for that, but at least National Express will close some bus stops I suppose.

20180601_124920.jpg

capel & collindridge

What has that got to do with a civic reception?
Another great Thread ruined by people taking it of track.

The comment I commented on was that we belong above League One. Sadly, as a child, when my family left Coventry in the 58/9 season, we were in the equivalent of League One and we were about to be relegated to the equivalent of League 2. Now, as then, we managed to come back at the first attempt (we were second to Port Vale in the 59/60 season iirc). I think the present team is in a class way above the level of the City team that last played in the fourth tier. But no team is entitled to be in any division just because of who they are. We don't "belong in" a particular division. You get there by proving yourself over the course of a season. It's that that makes football the great game that it is. But a team with Coventry's history of both great playing squads and supporters does deserve its own stadium. We belong there in a way that we will never belong in a particular division. We might prove that we have the temporary right to be playing at a particular level. But I think the main football team in a city the size of Coventry not only deserves a permanent stadium of its own, but it actually belongs there. Not much point in having a civic reception if the civic authorities don't assist the club in having a stadium of its own. One that belongs to them.

Grendel

The comment I commented on was that we belong above League One. Sadly, as a child, when my family left Coventry in the 58/9 season, we were in the equivalent of League One and we were about to be relegated to the equivalent of League 2. Now, as then, we managed to come back at the first attempt (we were second to Port Vale in the 59/60 season iirc). I think the present team is in a class way above the level of the City team that last played in the fourth tier. But no team is entitled to be in any division just because of who they are. We don't "belong in" a particular division. You get there by proving yourself over the course of a season. It's that that makes football the great game that it is. But a team with Coventry's history of both great playing squads and supporters does deserve its own stadium. We belong there in a way that we will never belong in a particular division. We might prove that we have the temporary right to be playing at a particular level. But I think the main football team in a city the size of Coventry not only deserves a permanent stadium of its own, but it actually belongs there. Not much point in having a civic reception if the civic authorities don't assist the club in having a stadium of its own. One that belongs to them.

Well said

Mucca Mad Boys

We need them out.

I 100% agree that we need to have some form of access to a stadium, be it the RICOH, an extended Butts Arena or a new build.

However, what’s the likelihood of Wasps leaving Coventry?! I’d say not very high. So what’s the alternative?

chiefdave

This is such a simple point with so much evidence to back it up yet there's so many people who can't grasp it.

Said many times the council selling the Ricoh to Wasps is the single most damaging thing ever done to the club. Up to that point all the damage done was reversible, and within a pretty short time frame. As soon as the Ricoh was sold the chance of us competing at Championship level or higher pretty much disappeared overnight.

If you weren't a fan why on earth would you chuck the tens of millions now needed into the club with zero chance of a return on your 'investment'.

capel & collindridge

How would this change anything?

MIght it unravel the Wasps deal? MIght the council come to their senses? Might Sisu start investing more in the club (unlikely)? Or might they pick up their winnings and clear off (more likely)?

I think any of the above would be better than what we have at present.

Users who are viewing this thread