Civic reception (1 Viewer)

hill83

Grendel: Biamou is shit.

Biamou:

4CC2CA7100000578-0-image-a-24_1527706697638.jpg

f3facbb6391660fee09154bb02c93427.jpg

SkyBlueZack

Survive? We've survived pretty well for over 100 years without them and while they have been here. We've also just got promotion, which is nothing to do with wasps. It's down to the players, management staff and the fans. So I think we're more than surviving, I'd say we're live and kicking. We've took over this city today.

wingy

We three were rent a crowd twice down by the Painted Lady either side of the road ,then a quick chauffer into town from my daughter .

no_loyalty

What did make a refreshing change was that there wasn't big groups of lads getting pissed and fighting

CCFC54321

What I don't get, is why there are always loads of people on these parade buses where you think 'Who the hell is that?'
Ha ha that’s what we were all saying! There was so I’m told youth coaches and a couple of non playing staff and don’t reallly have a problem but if it’s was me I’d have declined the offer as it’s about the 1 st team and the players. I’m not bothered but a bit embarrassing when your clapping somebody and you haven’t the foggiest who they are!

Nick

Administrator
Ha ha that’s what we were all saying! There was so I’m told youth coaches and a couple of non playing staff and don’t reallly have a problem but if it’s was me I’d have declined the offer as it’s about the 1 st team and the players. I’m not bothered but a bit embarrassing when your clapping somebody and you haven’t the foggiest who they are!
Then again people behind the scenes also deserve credit

McLovin87

Very emotional when they stopped by the flowers and tributes to Casper and Corey Platt on Longfellow Road; there was a minutes applause and a lone bugler playing the Sky Blue Song. The boy's grandad walked to the front of the bus and was banging his chest as a mark of thanks to the players; Michael Doyle was looking him straight in the eye and you could see they shared brief moment of connection between the two men.

With him losing his son and two of his grandchildren it felt like a little bit of comfort for him in what must be some very dark days, Doyle seemed to read the situation straight away and the younger players seemed to follow his lead, the bloke is a legend.

skyblueelephant76

They should have been there, it's all about creating a culture where it's one club and everyone no matter how small their role plays an important part. You share success, from the tea lady to the manager and players.

italiahorse

We belong in our own stadium.
We’ve messed up on that so we need to get a long term deal at the Ricoh using our future potential to get favourable terms and increasing access to revenues.
We also need to pursue all possible incomes within the city to access the incredible support the club currently have.
If we can get some of these ‘occasion’ fans on board as well we can continue to rebuild.
It’s there for the taking but while the club is on a high the owners (include Fisher in that) are still a stumbling block in rebuilding.

ashbyjan

Being exiled in Cheshire I couldn't make it down for the parade but looks and sounds like another great bonding exercise between the club and the fans. The re-routing to honour the tragic Platt-May family was a terrific gesture and congratulations to whoever made that decision - it is these small touches that build and strengthen the bond between club and supporters and indeed the city in general. As others have said this along with the 40,000 at Wembley this year and last year, shows that despite everything the passion for the club burns deep even if for some time it has been turned down to gas mark 1. There are some characters in the team who have built an affinity with the fans - Doyle, Davies, Grimmer and its important that this is built upon. Robins is no charismatic Jimmy Hill type figure but he has shown some managerial ability and if he is given the right tools and can build on the success currently being experienced on and off the pitch there may be better times ahead for us all.

Users who are viewing this thread