City To Announce their First New Signing - Mathieu Manset (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
If people are going to struggle to post without taking it off topic and arguing about pointless stuff they will just be blocked.

covcity4life

yeh 1 more CB on top of webster if it happens would be ideal

willis,webster,read and clark as 4th backup might get us through survival. just

Nonleagueherewecome

Time for another 'educated guess' after the fact.

As for me, I'm going for Matta this time.

It was pretty obviously Manset. Other guy could be Hines or Reid but we haven't had another trialist all pre-season like eee-orrr.

torchomatic

I dont think it'll be Hines.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Nonleagueherewecome

thaiskyblue

clarkes off, normal sisu crap. get some quick cash, get in a freebie, they think us ( the fans ), are thick as f****.
NOPM, SISU OUT, PUSB !

skybluehugh

17 goals in 100 games for MM if Wikipedia is to be believed. To be fair he has moved around a lot so has several clubs with less than 10 games. In his 2 longer spells 10 in 50 for Hereford and 5 in 29 for Reading so not exactly setting the world on fire but fingers crossed in the right system he can hit a purple patch and bang in a few. If Clarke can stay fit and get 20 and this chap can add 10 with Baker getting another 10 or so as he did last season we're not looking too bad for goals. It's the other end we need to sort out as 6 conceded in 2 isn't a great start.

That also suggests to me he isn't one to show much commitment to clubs he played for, or he is a right pain to manage and is got rid off as quick as he arrives. Or as some have said on here in different ways,he's shite.

jesus-wept

The wise gut that is Steve Waggott says basically it is one in one out. How are we going to get rid of Malaga who has played about half a dozen first team games in his life. Has the question ever been asked why Waggott gave him a 3 year contract.

Manchester_sky_blue

The wise gut that is Steve Waggott says basically it is one in one out. How are we going to get rid of Malaga who has played about half a dozen first team games in his life. Has the question ever been asked why Waggott gave him a 3 year contract.

We would be better off paying up whatevers left on his contract in full and showing him the door, at least we could bring someone else in then. Utter madness that an unproven player like that was given a 3 year contract.

skybluehugh

This is pissing me off, we have two defenders being paid good money to just keep fit and its an old head at the back we need.

Fully agree with this. As I said on another thread, while we are paying them use them. It is also the best way of moving them on. If there not in the shop window who is going to buy them?

skybluehugh

Or he was always on short term contracts maybe, as he is here? Just guess work

You could well be right, but if you are that is even more worrying. Because if he carn't get a longer term contract it would suggest the the "he is shite" crowd are right.

Brighton Sky Blue

A signing's a signing and perhaps it can take the pressure off Clarke. Webster if fit would actually be a pretty decent signing at our level and exactly what a defence full of kids needs.

PVA

We would be better off paying up whatevers left on his contract in full and showing him the door, at least we could bring someone else in then. Utter madness that an unproven player like that was given a 3 year contract.

But what if he turned out to be an absolute gem, then everyone would be moaning when he leaves for a bigger club after his 1 year contract is up!

Sterling Archer

So we can't afford to pay appearance fees to the defenders we've got sitting their arse while two teenagers struggle, yet we can sign a striker even though we play one up and have a least three players who can play up top.

Unless Clarke's on his way?

Edit: Welcome to the madness Mathui <sp?>, I christen thee M&M

We've played 2 games this season and played 2 up top in both.

Manchester_sky_blue

But what if he turned out to be an absolute gem, then everyone would be moaning when he leaves for a bigger club after his 1 year contract is up!

So offer a 12 month deal with a 12 month extension option, or a 2 year contract at most. No justification for a 3 year deal when the player in question was so untested. I expect he is earning a decent wage too.

Sterling Archer

I honestly believe if we signed Cristiano Ronaldo, you'd still get some City fans moaning.

I've just come to accept we'll always have fans prepared to call new signings sh*te, without seeing them kick a ball. Ever. I suppose its to be expected though after the years of dross we've bought into the club.

Nothing wrong with some scepticism but lets at least let the lad have 10 games without a goal and 3 sendings off before we proclaim him as sh*t though, eh lads?

covcity4life

i honestly believe if we signed cristiano ronaldo, you'd still get some city fans moaning.

I've just come to accept we'll always have fans prepared to call new signings sh*te, without seeing them kick a ball. Ever. I suppose its to be expected though after the years of dross we've bought into the club.

Nothing wrong with some scepticism but lets at least let the lad have 10 games without a goal and 3 sendings off before we proclaim him as sh*t though, eh lads?

how do sisu have money for ronaldo?!!! They refuse to pay rent, the football league better stop this transfer going through

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A signing's a signing and perhaps it can take the pressure off Clarke. Webster if fit would actually be a pretty decent signing at our level and exactly what a defence full of kids needs.

Isn't Webster still bring chosen for the international squad? Although its only Scotland, but surely that would suggest his fitness level isn't that bad?

Users who are viewing this thread