city miss out - what a load of rubbish (2 Viewers)

skybluegod

what about the FFP swindon do not have gates as good as ours, the amount of loans(6) i believe- for championship players must be killing them - does anyone know how many clubs in the 1st division are under embargo for breaking the FFP

Swindon chairman admits that they broke their wage budget for Wes Thomas,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34128620

so I am assuming that it's the same for ajose, so will assume the chairman is funding the losses.
currently nobody is in under an embargo in league one

torchomatic

afan4life

We may not have signed enough players and be left with a paper thin squad that has already lost 2 with long tern injuries but its not for the want of trying if you believe all the sound bites and press releases coming out of our once mighty club,thanks SiSu

RegTheDonk

Seems that Leeds paid over the odds for someone on the back of he was once on the books for Man U. If he should command that wage he wouldn't have been loaned out more often than a choirboy in the Tory cabinet. We can't afford him and the only thing we did wrong was presume we were going to pick him up cheaply.

Grendel

To get good players like this you have to spend a bit. We did on vincelot. We have been getting good crowds and sales are very good in the shop.

We should be able to compete to get a quality centre forward like ajose in. It's not like we have many strikers is it.

Would you have sold Maddison and Fleck to get him in?

torchomatic

Is he "top quality"? To be honest I'd never heard of him, not that that makes much difference, I suppose. However, I'm sure there's a player out there who's more affordable and who fits the bill.

Hobo

We have a budget, so we have to work within that. It may make life difficult, but so be it. I don't want us running up loads of debt on expensive misfits. We have bought some quality in due to careful selection, that is why Mowbrey was brought in.

the other part of his job is to develope the likes of Maddison, Phillips, Burge, Thomas, Thomas, Lawton and Finch etc., They won't all progress but some have to for us to be successful. We have to develope our own alongside astute transfers and loans.

Youngsters will make mistakes and we may have to be patient while they develope. The whole team needs our support; but the youngsters need the most support and encouragement. When they make mistakes we need to dust them down and encourage them to go again. We have to show them we have the belief in them as supporters. PUSB

Johhny Blue

Wait 'til one bounces in of his arse for Swindon. All hell will break loose on this forum about "The one that got away"

stupot07

#NickyAjoseDay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

Its very difficult to give an opinion on this, without someone on here jumping down your throat/defence of sisu but , our owners are very prudent with their cash . so , it should tell everyone what they need to know re this particular deal .

Our owners are prudent Bob but they need to when fans don't buy the replica shirt but instead purchase a simple lookalike and patch the badge on themselves, eh??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

King of the Lesbians

Wait 'til one bounces in of his arse for Swindon. All hell will break loose on this forum about "The one that got away"

Feels a bit like every side that plays against us has a "one that got away" in it so I shouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I'm just happy that we aren't making knee jerk signings to fix our frailties and are (maybe) trying to improve the current squad before we bring anybody in...

D

Deleted member 2477

Lack of ambition and willingness to support the team by our owners. We have had a great start to the season but with sisu unwilling to put any money into the club i fear we shall end up as a mediocre mid table club again this season through no fault of tm or the team

Grendel

Lack of ambition and willingness to support the team by our owners. We have had a great start to the season but with sisu unwilling to put any money into the club i fear we shall end up as a mediocre mid table club again this season through no fault of tm or the team

Do you have a brain?

torchomatic

Yeah, saw a Dad and lad at the Oxford friendly with those shirts. Looked ridiculous.

Our owners are prudent Bob but they need to when fans don't buy the replica shirt but instead purchase a simple lookalike and patch the badge on themselves, eh??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffer

I've no love for our owners, but I'd still rather we lived within our means. I don't know if we'll make it out of L1 this season, but I sense it's going to be an interesting journey. What I don't want is to gamble the club's future on a sh*t-or-bust one season effort.

From what I've seen and heard, I trust TM to use his budget wisely. I'd rather he had more (much, much, more!), but such is life.

D

Deleted member 2477

Grendel yes i have a brain and a 6 A levels thank you. As the most unpopular person on here by a long way and clearly a SISU puppet I dont think you have the right to abuse or criticise anyones views.

It is very clear that SIsu have no intention of funding our club now they have lost the Ricoh just a shame idiots like you still try to defend them

Sick Boy

Grendel yes i have a brain and a 6 A levels thank you. As the most unpopular person on here by a long way and clearly a SISU puppet I dont think you have the right to abuse or criticise anyones views.

It is very clear that SIsu have no intention of funding our club now they have lost the Ricoh just a shame idiots like you still try to defend them

More like 6 brain cells.

H

Huckerby

Well you're clearly a book smart idiot then aren't you.
So you think that unless Tony Mowbray (he's controlling a pre determined budget remember) is willing to spunk £600k on one player then our owners are showing a lack of ambition? You understand we have a budget and Mowbray is controlling that right? Please explain your comments further I'd love to know what you mean.

You're like a spoilt little toddler. Reason like one too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Fact is the budget if it is £2.5million for everything isn't enough at least a million short. I suspect Fisher and Waggott knew that.

H

Huckerby

Fact is the budget if it is £2.5million for everything isn't enough at least a million short. I suspect Fisher and Waggott knew that.
And Mowbray. He probably should've checked with you first that his budget was enough to build his team.

Grendel

Your basic theory is that we should have signed a player that in effect would have cost us £600,000 and that Swindon have better owners willing to invest.

You conveniently fail to acknowledge they have sold their best players and are funding two transfers by selling 4 players for several million

So if we sold our 4 best players that would be a good strategy?

I assume none of your "a" levels were in economics? Do they do one in self delusion? A* all the way for that one I would think.

torchomatic

Why do people want us to blow a massive part of our budget on one player!? If he was crap then be moaning about the amount he cost. FFS, it really is lose-lose with some fans, isn't it?

We ain't doing too badly so far, so they have to moan about something, I guess.

H

Huckerby

Why do people want us to blow a massive part of our budget on one player!? If he was crap then be moaning about the amount he cost. FFS, it really is lose-lose with some fans, isn't it?

We ain't doing too badly so far, so they have to moan about something, I guess.
They need something to feed on Torch...

D

Deleted member 2477

Actually yes one of them was in business studies not that you would know much about that obviously. I never said we should have spent the money on this player but from the past few years and Sisu plan not to invest in the club it is clear that we will never get any where as you have to invest in a company and its work force or the shit hits the fan at some stage.

clearly Grendel and his merry band of keyboard warriors know fuck all about business so go back to your keyboard little boys and try bullying someone who gives a shit

H

Huckerby

Actually yes one of them was in business studies not that you would know much about that obviously. I never said we should have spent the money on this player but from the past few years and Sisu plan not to invest in the club it is clear that we will never get any where as you have to invest in a company and its work force or the shit hits the fan at some stage.

clearly Grendel and his merry band of keyboard warriors know fuck all about business so go back to your keyboard little boys and try bullying someone who gives a shit
So.... Not Economics then

Sorry mate, didn't know you had an A level, gonna stop supporting them now cause it's no good feeling optimistic when SISU aren't investing.... How could we all be so stupid

H

Huckerby

I've no love for our owners, but I'd still rather we lived within our means. I don't know if we'll make it out of L1 this season, but I sense it's going to be an interesting journey. What I don't want is to gamble the club's future on a sh*t-or-bust one season effort.

From what I've seen and heard, I trust TM to use his budget wisely. I'd rather he had more (much, much, more!), but such is life.
Nope. Sorry. We need to buy every player available no matter the price. We need to show ambition remember. Haven't you done an A level in business?

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Pressley bring in quantity rather than quality? Thorn also when he got Malaga etc.

Grendel

Didn't Pressley bring in quantity rather than quality? Thorn also when he got Malaga etc.

I'm sure there is part of the Business Studies A Level curriculum that establishes this as sound business principals.

Covstu

Surely spending money on a player and investing in the club are one in the same here? You reacted to a thread based on not signing Ajose so it is clear thats exactly what you meant?

Equally any good business knows when to spend and knows when to batten down the hatches......

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Wasn't complicated at all ..... we couldn't afford to do a deal with him/Leeds. Doubt we were ever that close to a deal. We enquired found it was too expensive , moved on

I would imagine given our budget and funds available that there have been a number of less public occasions where we couldn't afford a player so far. Not sure why anyone should be surprised by it.

The club does not have a pot of money sitting waiting to do player deals so paying large sums upfront is not going to happen
The owners have been clear in saying there are no more funds coming from them
TM is very unlikely at this level to break the budget on one player - at this stage we need a number of solid L1 players to build a squad not one cast off expensive "star"
There are no assets to raise loans against
There were no players of value to sell even if we wanted to - pretty certain TM did not want to sell Maddison
It has always been the case that we will be relying on loans not purchases

....... yet we still sit 5th with 10 points after a decent start to the season...... do we need more depth to the squad clearly, but I suspect TM knew that before anyone else

We are basically brassic in terms of a budget that is very reliant on match income

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread