City fan attacked after yesterday's game (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

I am heartened to see 'bring back the birch' make its way to SBT. I've not seen it mentioned since a thread about the Cov - Leicester thing in Earlsdon.

letsallsingtogether

To be fair I saw it all was just having a smoke when as they walked past one Bradford fan side swiped him smashing his glasses then about 4 others piled in soon ran off when we all surged forward to stop it. lucky the Cops did move in or there would have been real trouble.
While we were arguing with police there were still a couple of Idiots walking past who wanted to have a go.

Grendel

Pleasure....eye for an eye.... do unto others.....end of sermon.:cool:

Great idea. Lets chop off the hands of thieves, lets get national service back - hey now we can send the undesirables to a war so that's a problem solved.

At least in Bradford its the football that's in the dark ages.

letsallsingtogether

I agree chop off there hands scum bags....

Great idea. Lets chop off the hands of thieves, lets get national service back - hey now we can send the undesirables to a war so that's a problem solved.

ohitsaidwalker king power

2 out of 3 ain't bad G.. I'd say we were almost aligned?

For once I'm grateful for the Human Rights Act

Ok G-always happy to have reasoned debate with you: So in the context of the thread title- i.e a fan attacked without provocation by another your punishment would be?

For me the perpetrator deserves much of the same, that's all im saying.. no more no less.
In my opinion in the present day the punishment often doesn't fit the crime. as a consequence significant erosion of societies 'respect' values?
Of course I'm not suggesting we return to archaic values such that Human rights are diminished to the extreme where 'punishment' borders brutality beyond reason, but where there is unequivocal evidence of the perpetrators guilt, then the punishment needs to reflect the crime..... might alter a few minds?

What's your view?

Grendel

Ok G-always happy to have reasoned debate with you: So in the context of the thread title- i.e a fan attacked without provocation by another your punishment would be?

For me the perpetrator deserves much of the same, that's all im saying.. no more no less.
In my opinion in the present day the punishment often doesn't fit the crime. as a consequence significant erosion of societies 'respect' values?
Of course I'm not suggesting we return to archaic values such that Human rights are diminished to the extreme where 'punishment' borders brutality beyond reason, but where there is unequivocal evidence of the perpetrators guilt, then the punishment needs to reflect the crime..... might alter a few minds?

What's your view?

My view is that educating someone in society they violence is wrong by actually committing a violent act towards them is the beginning of the end of civilisation. It's immoral.

My view is that educating someone in society they violence is wrong by actually committing a violent act towards them is the beginning of the end of civilisation. It's immoral.

I think the jury is out on the best route forward- if you'll forgive the legal reference.
I think society needs to treat each case on its merits of course, but really think a review is required of the punishment being aligned to the crime. I suspect this individual will receive a very lenient dose of British "justice". Not sure as that's right in terms of installing values into individuals either and that could equally be argued as the end of civilisation?

Users who are viewing this thread