City fan attacked after yesterday's game (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

A lot people on the coaches thought this was me when I didn't return straight away, glad to say it wasn't but Bradford fans from what i know started this attack, quite a few of their youths were giving it the big one after the game.

Hope the lad is alright.

fernandopartridge

As predicted in the thread a couple of days ago about 'who remembers Happy', with PC Dave Mapp been made redundant and a different football unit now looking after us (northants police) I feel these incidents will become more common.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_fan_attacked_after_draw_814686/index.shtml

Hope the lad is alright.

It's got nothing to do with who the Old Bill are as the guilty parties so to speak are from Bradford.

RoboCCFC90

It's got nothing to do with who the Old Bill are as the guilty parties so to speak are from Bradford.

Old Bill and Stewards didn't help the situation yesterday mate in fairness.

pusbccfc

Everyone is okay. Luckily there was a lot Cov fans who jumped in to split it up.

988YSR

Old Bill and Stewards didn't help the situation yesterday mate in fairness.
Hugely disappointed with this, esp after one of ours was smashed by rods last week.

We've got a small element of uber-chavs emerging and like the idiot throwing bottle-top yesterday and pointed out by a fellow fan, the club is trying to eliminate.

Hope the lad is alright and the fallout from the gaffers and this doesn't create undue animosity.

Regards, Bradford.

RoboCCFC90

Everyone is okay. Luckily there was a lot Cov fans who jumped in to split it up.

Some did get the blame for starting it though from what I have been told.

RoboCCFC90

Hugely disappointed with this, esp after one of ours was smashed by rods last week.

We've got a small element of uber-chavs emerging and like the idiot throwing bottle-top yesterday and pointed out by a fellow fan, the club is trying to eliminate.

Hope the lad is alright and the fallout from the gaffers and this doesn't create undue animosity.

Regards, Bradford.

I didn't see the bottle thing tbh so I can't comment.

The stewards and police did nothing to help the situation and one steward in particular looked for a reaction IMO. Don't take it away though from a game that was a great fixture and showpiece for the Football League.

Hobo

Whoever you support these things happen unfortunately. Cov fans have taken it and given it out over the years, so we are no different to any other club.

Usually the offenders are in the minority of the fan base as a whole...but in the majority of the fan base when the attacks occur! So brave aren't they?

Speak up, point the finger, make the offenders accountable; whoever you support.

Steve.B50

As predicted in the thread a couple of days ago about 'who remembers Happy', with PC Dave Mapp been made redundant and a different football unit now looking after us (northants police) I feel these incidents will become more common.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_fan_attacked_after_draw_814686/index.shtml

Hope the lad is alright.

Dave Mapp was there and it was a good job he was as he alone solved the problem, when he leaves we will have no one in our corner.

Steve.B50

The young lad is ok, nasty cut on his eye and damaged his glasses but he was able to tavel home with us.
It was a coward who attacked him as one he was one of last onto the coach, four of them got at him, one punched him and ran off. Everyone started to get off coach only to be confronted by police running towards up with battons in hand.
Dave Mapp came straight through and calmed things down till a big Sargent from Bradford started to get involved.
The issue everyone had was the lads that did it were taunting us from behind the old bill and then started to walk off, but they did get in the one who hit him in the end and he was arrested.
It was so silly how we all came out of ground to then walk through there fans to get to coaches, very badly set up.

Generally they were decent fans and good support, just ashame the odd idiot ruins it for the majority.

Dave Mapp was there and it was a good job he was as he alone solved the problem, when he leaves we will have no one in our corner.

Oh right, didn't realise he was still here. Any idea when he leaves? Hope he's still here for Swindon in December if not I'm expecting similar events to occur but on a bigger scale.

Glad to here the lad is okay.

borderlescott

The young lad is ok, nasty cut on his eye and damaged his glasses but he was able to tavel home with us.
It was a coward who attacked him as one he was one of last onto the coach, four of them got at him, one punched him and ran off. Everyone started to get off coach only to be confronted by police running towards up with battons in hand.
Dave Mapp came straight through and calmed things down till a big Sargent from Bradford started to get involved.
The issue everyone had was the lads that did it were taunting us from behind the old bill and then started to walk off, but they did get in the one who hit him in the end and he was arrested.
It was so silly how we all came out of ground to then walk through there fans to get to coaches, very badly set up.

Generally they were decent fans and good support, just ashame the odd idiot ruins it for the majority.
absolute cretins - hopefully they were stopped in their tracks after?

Steve.B50

Oh right, didn't realise he was still here. Any idea when he leaves? Hope he's still here for Swindon in December if not I'm expecting similar events to occur but on a bigger scale.

Glad to here the lad is okay.

We were told he was due to leave at Christmas,but Northants Police want him to stay on due to his knowledge of the Coventry fans so he is waiting to hear his fate.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Regards, Bradford.

All clubs have their idiot fans. There's no denying we have our own set :)

Ironically they also meet the description of your lot; uber-chavs!

Steve.B50

A copper is never in your corner.

Have had my issues with them in the past and can say I have met some real idiots in the years gone by but always found PC Dave Mapp fair and always sticks up for the Coventry lads if its possible.
Also its so obvious he is a City fan, even yesterday after the problems he wanted to talk about how well we played.
Good and bad in all walkes.

AndreasB

The irony of course is that this site has been full of sickening, rose tinted "good old days" bollocks gloryfing football violence of the last week. Never "our" fault is it?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The irony of course is that this site has been full of sickening, rose tinted "good old days" bollocks gloryfing football violence of the last week. Never "our" fault is it?

I have never glorified,defended or indeed been involved with football violence but can say that yesterdays trouble was 100% not the Coventry lads fault.

LB87ccfc

Considering none of our lot travelled up yesterday or indeed go on club coaches, no it was not a coventry fans fault, its not rocket science to actually work out Bradford have had a minority element of idiots who look to spoil a good day for a couple of years now.

I am glad the young lad is ok.

SkyblueBazza

Whoever you support these things happen unfortunately. Cov fans have taken it and given it out over the years, so we are no different to any other club.

Usually the offenders are in the minority of the fan base as a whole...but in the majority of the fan base when the attacks occur! So brave aren't they?

Speak up, point the finger, make the offenders accountable; whoever you support.

Sadly nutters go looking for trouble...with those that aren't. In the main they make sure they don't find each other (because they are mostly cowards) & knock seven bells out of each other.

Astute

A copper is never in your corner.

I take it you have never come across Dave Mapp. I only posted a few days about him sorting out a problem for our fans. A few of the local ones went to arrest one of our lads for hardly anything. I started arguing with them. Dave saw what was going on and sorted it out straight away. Otherwise two of us would have been arrested. Most of our fans don't want any trouble at all. And as you can see from this thread he helped our fans again.

I am not a lover of the police generally. But there are some good ones out there. Dave is one of them. Another one I knew used to go on the session with us all the time. It was a few years before I found out he was one. He kept it quiet from most as there are people like yourself that dislike them so much. I found out when he stopped me from getting arrested at a Manure game. I was shocked as he always had a big bag of whiz in his pocket :D

I am so glad for our fans that Dave is still with us and hope it stays this way. Always enjoy the banter with him and know he looks after our fans.

Bratfud

After hearing about this I'm ashamed to be a Bantam tonight (not just words on a screen, I honestly feel very ashamed that one of the Football Family has been attacked). I do hope the lad is ok. Also, if the situation about the heavy handed police is correct this is totally out of order.

Lets hope the idiots get banning orders etc so they don't darken the doorsteps of a stadium again.

ohitsaidwalker king power

After hearing about this I'm ashamed to be a Bantam tonight (not just words on a screen, I honestly feel very ashamed that one of the Football Family has been attacked). I do hope the lad is ok. Also, if the situation about the heavy handed police is correct this is totally out of order.

Lets hope the idiots get banning orders etc so they don't darken the doorsteps of a stadium again.

Dont be mate- they're your team.. we all have "one love"... a few bellends who think they are "tough" attacking innocents shouldnt make you feel ashamed- not your fault.
Capital Punishment is the answer..

"time now to bring back the birch and the cat' so them that hurt others get some hurt back"

Grendel

Dont be mate- they're your team.. we all have "one love"... a few bellends who think they are "tough" attacking innocents shouldnt make you feel ashamed- not your fault.
Capital Punishment is the answer..

"time now to bring back the birch and the cat' so them that hurt others get some hurt back"

Oh my god.

SkyblueBazza

Might not be in your corner on every occassion... and on the odd occassions I've had reason to claim "unfair" - but thank god we have them.. good and bad... imagine this world and our "society" without them.

Well-said. The post was correct - the police are never "in your corner". They are only on the side of the law...generally speaking, like society as a whole there's always a bad apple there too...without them we would quickly descend into anarchy.

jesus-wept

There will always be this type of elliment just as there a some who go to night clubs at the weekend and want to take the world on and there unfortunately will always be victims. As for matchday stewards if any group need cctv cameras on them its these, not all but many are from rent a mob and behave accordingly and believe with police support.

bigfatronssba

Well-said. The post was correct - the police are never "in your corner". They are only on the side of the law...generally speaking, like society as a whole there's always a bad apple there too...without them we would quickly descend into anarchy.

My opinion of the Police is similar to teachers. The overwhelming majority are decent and do the job because they want to help and protect. A small minority are power mad morons.

Users who are viewing this thread