City 4 Everton 1 (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

I was 19. Mines is cloudier!! Had to wiki it!
Apologies if this is putting you through the mill, Clint but I'm sure you've mentioned this on another thread concerning this game.
Which band did you see down the Lanch later that evening? (It caused me a bit of grief to find out as they are one of my all time faves and I was so far away from Cov at the time)

clint van damme

Apologies if this is putting you through the mill, Clint but I'm sure you've mentioned this on another thread concerning this game.
Which band did you see down the Lanch later that evening? (It caused me a bit of grief to find out as they are one of my all time faves and I was so far away from Cov at the time)

The Damned. Couldn't forget that!

skyblueexile

I was at all 3

such spirit by players and fans

if we could just get that back - I don feel its far away

M favourite was 1993 opener Arsenal away . was on holiday in corfu

entertainment manager was a big Arsenal fan an always had the shirt on. bit of banter and we had a bet

City win I get free drinks for night Arsenal win i buy him top range Champagne

then i thought hang on what if we win 3-0

laughing he says free drinks for us and friendson table - 4 couples

Result
micky Quinn 3 arsenal 0

we were out of it that night - there was a video but cant download of 4 very drunk english holiday makers wearing tutuus and dancing swan lake

oscillatewildly

I was at all 3

such spirit by players and fans

if we could just get that back - I don feel its far away

M favourite was 1993 opener Arsenal away . was on holiday in corfu

entertainment manager was a big Arsenal fan an always had the shirt on. bit of banter and we had a bet

City win I get free drinks for night Arsenal win i buy him top range Champagne

then i thought hang on what if we win 3-0

laughing he says free drinks for us and friendson table - 4 couples

Result
micky Quinn 3 arsenal 0

we were out of it that night - there was a video but cant download of 4 very drunk english holiday makers wearing tutuus and dancing swan lake
I was also in Corfu for that season's curtain raiser! Can't honestly say I would have entertained a wager had it come my way.

slowpoke

That missed penalty at Stoke with a few minutes to go was a real heart attack moment can’t remember who the radio commentator was might have been Stuart Linnell but Painter took the kick and it went something like this “ it’s there, no Oggys saved it, it’s hit the post it’s in, no it’s cleared” can you imagine that I could have throttled him.

Last edited:

rondog1973

That missed penalty at Stoke with a few minutes to go was a real heart attack moment can’t remember who the radio commentator was might have been Stuart Linnell but Painter took the kick and it went something like this “ it’s there, no Oggys saved it, it’s hit the post it’s in, no it’s cleared” can you imagine that I could have throttled him.
Friday night game, the tension waiting for that penalty....

Can't remember why it was played on the Friday. The reason we had the games in hand was due to Luton and Everton's exploits in the FA cup.

Users who are viewing this thread