Christmas Quiz 2020 21 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grendel

So its the moment everyone has been waiting for and makes lockdown an irrelevance

Usual rules - I donate £20 to the winner of the quiz and I trust each entrant to make a gift to the chosen charity of my choice - this year it is Dogs Trust

As mentioned I have also donated £30 to the charity which was ccfcway choice - Cystic Fibrosis Trust - if you feel generous please also donate to this as well as the dogs Trust if entering - so eyes down - and here we go........

Grendel

Goalkeeper

"I sit here in my prison cell and I often think of that time I played for Coventry City and I had such a memorable day. Sadly I had that stupid affair and my wife found out and I strangled her to death and now I am here for ever"

lord_garrincha

Goalkeeper

"I sit here in my prison cell and I often think of that time I played for Coventry City and I had such a memorable day. Sadly I had that stupid affair and my wife found out and I strangled her to death and now I am here for ever"
This anagram quiz is a horror! My guess from that is John Filan

DannyThomas_1981

Goalkeeper

Apart from when of course when I'm out from day release to do the CWR commentary?

I'm personally looking at Steve in a whole new light - best warn Clive.

DannyThomas_1981

So its the moment everyone has been waiting for and makes lockdown an irrelevance

Usual rules - I donate £20 to the winner of the quiz and I trust each entrant to make a gift to the chosen charity of my choice - this year it is Dogs Trust

As mentioned I have also donated £30 to the charity which was ccfcway choice - Cystic Fibrosis Trust - if you feel generous please also donate to this as well as the dogs Trust if entering - so eyes down - and here we go........
A very noble cause.
What kind of dog do you have Grendel if I can ask? I was thinking - Rottweiler...... to keep the local urchins away from the Roller (when of course it's back from the garage?).

DannyThomas_1981

Goalkeeper

Raffaele Nuzzo.

Our ex-goalie who as Grendel points out had a memorable debut....... shares a name with a Mafia boss who murdered his wife.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Well that’s fucking depressing. Googled “man who strangled wife after affair” and there’s fucking loads of them year on year :(

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Well that’s fucking depressing. Googled “man who strangled wife after affair” and there’s fucking loads of them year on year :(
I got loads of search results for that brazilian goalie that murdered his wife a couple of years back, Bruno i think his name is. Had absolutely no idea what to make of Grendel's clue for this one, think its been given away below but i doubt id have got anywhere with this one!

Grendel

Right Back

So I think this probably was the biggest transfer fee paid for a player on the list. A top flight player who was tripe. Even Danny Thomas would struggle to justify the money spent on this flop.

As Roy Walker would say - "say what you see"

Well don't say it on here just write it down.

quiz.png

Ccfcisparks

Goalkeeper

John Filan is a good shout. Isn't the nut case of Coronation street called Phelan who might or might not have killed his wife.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Right Back

So I think this probably was the biggest transfer fee paid for a player on the list. A top flight player who was tripe. Even Danny Thomas would struggle to justify the money spent on this flop.

As Roy Walker would say - "say what you see"

Well don't say it on here just write it down.

View attachment 17841

Jolly Roger van Ghoul

Sky Blue Harry H

Got the right back. Would never have got the keeper in a month of Sundays.

Grendel

Just for the record can people please not give answers during the course of the quiz. As the right back has now been revealed by Danny Thomas the right back is now void and another question will replace it.

Grendel

The idea is you PM me with the answers at the end of the quiz and donate to the charity and then I pay the winner the prize. I will have a replacement right back and a left back tomorrow.

shmmeee

Would it be an idea to get them all done then Nick can post and lock the thread?

I want to have a go this year but won’t have time until the weekend and don’t want it spoiled.

mark82

Just for the record can people please not give answers during the course of the quiz. As the right back has now been revealed by Danny Thomas the right back is now void and another question will replace it.

Have deleted. If you need any posts removing let me know by PM.

DannyThomas_1981

Maybe we could Bomb Squad Danny Thomas
Laughing and on my way to the Memorial Park with my head hanging in shame to have a kick around with Pask and Kast - and hopefully to have a selfie with Max if he's strolling around!
Thought it was an interactive quiz where we could compare answers/guesses. Got it now!
Sorry all - my fault - didn't understand the rules.

Brighton Sky Blue

Laughing and on my way to the Memorial Park with my head hanging in shame to have a kick around with Pask and Kast - and hopefully to have a selfie with Max if he's strolling around!
Thought it was an interactive quiz where we could compare answers/guesses. Got it now!
Sorry all - my fault - didn't understand the rules.

They were the rules for the last 2 years!

Grendel

Right Back

“The goalkeeper is a no mark. I murdered 3 people and now walk the streets of Britain again. Also once lived in a road named after me (trivial fact that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread