Christmas Quiz Thread 2022 - Please Read before posting (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Love the clue on the sub, that's quality :)

rob9872

Centre Forward Two

As it seems easy for most of you I have made this one a bit harder than originally intended.

If you have the misfortune to watch Only Connect hosted by the smug ghastly Victoria Coren Mitchell you may get how how this works.

I show 3 pictures and there is a connection to the player. You have to put an answer in for the 4th player AND the actual centre forward I have selected. So here the answer actually required is two players. I can clarify if that makes no sense. The first picture though is in keeping as it provides a clue to the place of birth - I think it will make sense

Picture 1

View attachment 27850

Picture 2

View attachment 27851

Picture 3

View attachment 27852

So the 4th picture is a ex player than links the above to the CF - so 2 players are need. If someone is being pedantic they would point only Only Connect operates in chronological order - this does not

LINK CLUE - Within the lyrics of Gone Hollywood by Supertramp lies a clue
I've met VCM on a number of occasions and she's actually ok. Not seen the tv programme and struggling with this one a little, but I'll get there I'm sure.

shmmeee

Centre Forward Two

As it seems easy for most of you I have made this one a bit harder than originally intended.

If you have the misfortune to watch Only Connect hosted by the smug ghastly Victoria Coren Mitchell you may get how how this works.

I show 3 pictures and there is a connection to the player. You have to put an answer in for the 4th player AND the actual centre forward I have selected. So here the answer actually required is two players. I can clarify if that makes no sense. The first picture though is in keeping as it provides a clue to the place of birth - I think it will make sense

Picture 1

View attachment 27850

Picture 2

View attachment 27851

Picture 3

View attachment 27852

So the 4th picture is a ex player than links the above to the CF - so 2 players are need. If someone is being pedantic they would point only Only Connect operates in chronological order - this does not

Am I going to have to watch Only Connect to understand how this works?

steve cooper

So I have finally managed to get a quiz together

Bit later than I planned but its sort of there now

The format is slightly different

Each player has 2 elements to it - a picture clue to where they are born (or in a couple of cases a famous place associated with them) and of course the player

So there are 13 players and a manager so a total of 26 points up for grabs.

However every player also has something that links them all - get that right and another 10 points is achieved so 36 in total

The nominated charity is

Note @shmmeee and his comments on the attached and also thanks for his generation donation

Some one has asked why them - I had some dealings with them and I know they are under severe strain at the moment

Remember please no posting answers - when finished I will look at answers by Jan 1 and award the winner with the prize the Tommy Hutchison book (hopefully) signed

As far as I can tell the list has

1 current player
4 from the 70's (had to have some who played with Hutchison) - I would say at least two are very famous
3 from the Premier League
4 from post 2010 L1 era

The two subs I am still sort of deciding
@Grendel
I'm struggling to make my players fit the list above, there are 12 players, I assume that's 11 + an extra CM2, and not including the sub.
The 4 from the 70's is where I am struggling, is this correct or do you mean from the 70's up until the premier league era?

Grendel

@Grendel
I'm struggling to make my players fit the list above, there are 12 players, I assume that's 11 + an extra CM2, and not including the sub.
The 4 from the 70's is where I am struggling, is this correct or do you mean from the 70's up until the premier league era?

there are 4 who played for us in the 70’s with Hutchison in the team

Grendel

Shugs is winning

ovduk78

@Grendel I have an answer for CF2 but it is a guess as I have no idea about the only connect clues or the other linked player, if it's correct will it count?

Grendel

@Grendel I have an answer for CF2 but it is a guess as I have no idea about the only connect clues or the other linked player, if it's correct will it count?

yes a point if you get the CF2 correct

Brighton Sky Blue

If you have worked out the rest you can deduce it from the birthplace hint and the ‘era’ breakdown he gave earlier on.

steve cooper

So I have finally managed to get a quiz together

Bit later than I planned but its sort of there now

The format is slightly different

Each player has 2 elements to it - a picture clue to where they are born (or in a couple of cases a famous place associated with them) and of course the player

So there are 13 players and a manager so a total of 26 points up for grabs.

However every player also has something that links them all - get that right and another 10 points is achieved so 36 in total

The nominated charity is

Note @shmmeee and his comments on the attached and also thanks for his generation donation

Some one has asked why them - I had some dealings with them and I know they are under severe strain at the moment

Remember please no posting answers - when finished I will look at answers by Jan 1 and award the winner with the prize the Tommy Hutchison book (hopefully) signed

As far as I can tell the list has

1 current player
4 from the 70's (had to have some who played with Hutchison) - I would say at least two are very famous
3 from the Premier League
4 from post 2010 L1 era

The two subs I am still sort of deciding
Posted my answers. donation.png

Grendel

A couple have asked for clarification so if people send in an answer to me before deadline I’ll advise on what’s correct and explain any issues

Grendel

Had a few entries - no one has got them all yet

Grendel

Has anyone got the link right?
That's worth 10 points so assuming someone gets it right, it's virtually impossible to win without it.

It only applies if you get them all right and no they haven’t

Grendel

Still not exactly a huge entry list and no one has the lot so going to missing out if entries aren’t put in

Grendel

Also no one anywhere near the connection

rob9872

When's the deadline? Not donated or entered yet. Missing the connection and missing the 1 or 2 players from the game show link. Comfortably got the rest but not logged onto my pc since I finished work on 22nd.

Grendel

When's the deadline? Not donated or entered yet. Missing the connection and missing the 1 or 2 players from the game show link. Comfortably got the rest but not logged onto my pc since I finished work on 22nd.

Monday. You’ll be in the running on that basis

Grendel

Centre Forward Two

Picture 1

View attachment 27850

Picture 2

View attachment 27851

Picture 3

View attachment 27852

Ive clearly explained this badly

As well as cf2 I need the other player that’s linked by the other two players that provides the connection to CF2

So not place of birth here but the player and one other ex player

Users who are viewing this thread