Christie (1 Viewer)

skybluenewman

Im starting to feel Christie is our weak link at the back. He looks lazy and slow to me and always plays crap balls forward often resulting in the receiver being tackled. I would actually like him to go in January.

dongonzalos

Fantastic crosser of the ball.
Makesots of forward runs that pull defenders out wide and allows baker to drive forward.

Having a dip in confidence that's all.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Wouldn't say he needs to be sold, he's still only young and learning he will be a great right back by the time he's 23/24

torchomatic

I like Christie. Clarke is our weak link, IMHO.

Mucca Mad Boys

Last 2 games have been shaky tbf, maybe Clarke could come in?

Dong, Christie isn't that good crossing, Clarke is better than him in this department. Christie is better going forward.

Good dilemma to have.

How can you call Cyrus slow? He's faster than everyone cept Moussa. His crosses are great, he plays well with Baker and Clarke is just awful going forward. Sure, Clarke is a better defender, but i think a full-back should be a winger who can defend, and Cyrus fits the bill

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Both offer something different going forward, Clarke can also play centre back aswell I believe

jabharty

Cyrus is a really pacey right back, with bags of potential. Just has to polish up his defensive skills I think.
Anyone else think he could be a brilliant winger?

torchomatic

When it comes to eating chicken there's none finer than Clarke.

Mucca Mad Boys

How can you call Cyrus slow? He's faster than everyone cept Moussa. His crosses are great, he plays well with Baker and Clarke is just awful going forward. Sure, Clarke is a better defender, but i think a full-back should be a winger who can defend, and Cyrus fits the bill

No one called him slow. Great at crossing? No, he is too inconsistent in this area. Linkup play is good.

Clarke isn't awful going forward, just not as good as Christie. I'd say Christie is better, but we're in a situation where if a RB plays badly, he can be replaced by a good player.

LJC_CCFC

Clarke is crap going forward and defending, whereas Christie is good going forward and defensively naive. Only other option is Jordan Willis

Mucca Mad Boys

Clarke is crap going forward and defending, whereas Christie is good going forward and defensively naive. Only other option is Jordan Willis

Clarke at the end of last season was better than Christie pre injury IMO.

skybluegod

How many games have you been to? He was shit against Preston yes. Stevenage he wasn't his best but he wasn't bad only got beaten a few times by the same player that Adams was skinned by when the wingers switched. Clarke maybe should come in though if Christie doesn't get back up to standard

skybluegod

Nah, pussies out of challenges and is scared of going forward. Also runs like a chicken

Like which challenges? I've never seen him pusses out of a challenge. I've seen him not go into a challenge and just contain them which is what your meant to do and not do a Christie like on Saturday when h dived in on the edge of the area and was easy to go round then baker had to try slide tackle to remove the danger but gave away a penalty.

skybluepete1987

Can't believe you could actually want him to go? Great potential there and the makings of a quality attacking right back, at least 20 players I'd rather leave than Christie, we should be getting behind the kids we've brought through.

Mucca Mad Boys

Can't believe you could actually want him to go? Great potential there and the makings of a quality attacking right back, at least 20 players I'd rather leave than Christie, we should be getting behind the kids we've brought through.

We've got some good lads coming up thankfully..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I rate Christie better than Clarke, although both are capable at this level. Christie is alot more physical, alot better going forward, alot better defensively, and gives us more of an attacking threat.

Yes he was poor V Preston (their winger ran him raged) but as mentioned above I only see this as a short term lack of confidence

brinner

think Christie has looked a bit tired since the Donnie game, maybe needs a rest for a game or 2.

Think he is better than Clarke tho.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've always thought Clarke was better but Christie is in the side deservedly at the moment despite a terrible performance vs PNE, Clarke seems to have gone backwards since last season

stupot07

Christie is quicker and more direct than Clarke and althletically better, but not as good defensively both 1-1 or positionally as Clarke, although Clarke has some dodgy moments too mainly when he's out order position. Fans do seem to turn a blind eye to Christies defensive cock ups but immediately start slating Clarke for his.

Christies crosses aren't the best tbf.

However Christies directness and pace has been one of the reasons Baker has improved as he knows that christie will constantly overlap him allowing him to drift inside.

dongonzalos

Last 2 games have been shaky tbf, maybe Clarke could come in?

Dong, Christie isn't that good crossing, Clarke is better than him in this department. Christie is better going forward.

Good dilemma to have.

Football is so full of differing opinions it's great. Crossing for me is his real strength.

Great dilemma to have.

May need a more defensive full back if Robins plays two up top

skybluegod

Football is so full of differing opinions it's great. Crossing for me is his real strength.

Great dilemma to have.

May need a more defensive full back if Robins plays two up top

if hitting their first defender is where he's aiming then i completely agree.

PVA

His defending is mediocre at best and his distribution dreadful. But he does offer good width down the right and can stretch teams.

Clarke is better defensively, can't remember who it was but someone (maybe Thorn) said he is the best 1v1 defender at the club. It's not often a winger gets by Clarke. I think Cyrus struggles with that.

Both decent players at this level though and give us different options.

maddog

Christie is a classic example of a brilliant lad having a very minor dip in form. Normally you would rest him for a few games, but we dont have that luxury, as Clarke has been too inconsistent over the last couple of seasons. Clarke was our best player at the end of last season, and started this one well then was rubbish after he got injured. Newcastle wanted Cyrus before he was injured, West Brom Clarke. They both have massive potential but Cyrus has the greater mental strength at the moment. Cyrus just needs the energy drinks and play the channels more when things are not going right. Clarke is a class act, a great footballer, but needs to get his head together.

Mucca Mad Boys

Christie is a classic example of a brilliant lad having a very minor dip in form. Normally you would rest him for a few games, but we dont have that luxury, as Clarke has been too inconsistent over the last couple of seasons. Clarke was our best player at the end of last season, and started this one well then was rubbish after he got injured. Newcastle wanted Cyrus before he was injured, West Brom Clarke. They both have massive potential but Cyrus has the greater mental strength at the moment. Cyrus just needs the energy drinks and play the channels more when things are not going right. Clarke is a class act, a great footballer, but needs to get his head together.

"We don't have that luxury" - compare Clarke to all the sub RB at all the other L1 clubs. Then, compare him to the starting RB of all the clubs. You will find A) he is (probably) the best 2nd choice RB in the league and B) he'd start for most L1 clubs :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread