Christian Eriksen (1 Viewer)

Otis

Hope he gets through this. Awful awful. Thoughts with his family. Puts things into perspective
Been saying this for years. I live every day like it might be my last on this earth.

You just don't know how long you have got do you.

So sad.

Paul Anthony

Can't begin imagine what his wife on the touchline or his family watching on TV must have been going through witnessing it.

Sbarcher

Eufa confirmed on his way to hospital and is stable.

Mr Panda

Shocking to have watched that., heart dropped when they started CPR.

Mentioned by Linekar I think but best possible place for that to happen if its going to happen. Does make you think how much of a chance you have if there aren't any defibrillators about - get them everywhere!

Otis

Shocking to have watched that., heart dropped when they started CPR.

Mentioned by Linekar I think but best possible place for that to happen if its going to happen. Does make you think how much of a chance you have if there aren't any defibrillators about - get them everywhere!
I got stopped in Cov city centre a year or so back and they were asking me if I knew where all the defibrillators were in town.

Interesting to find out where they were. I only guessed West Orchards and the Civic Centre in Broadgate.

There were about 20 I think, all in all

Mr Panda

I got stopped in Cov city centre a year or so back and they were asking me if I knew where all the defibrillators were in town.

Interesting to find out where they were. I only guessed West Orchards and the Civic Centre in Broadgate.

There were about 20 I think, all in all

I think there was a campaign by Gary Ridley here in Eastern Green for a defibrillator to be installed in a telephone box that wasn't being used outside a Coop.

I thought nationally that would be an excellent idea to use old BT phone boxes or something so you always have some chance of finding one if in an emergency.

(BT took their phone box away in eastern green but the defibrillator was installed close by in the end)

Paul Anthony

Wasn't the Beeb. They said they stopped coverage as soon as they could. It was all controlled by UEFA.

I understand that it's a world feed, but they must have the ability to cut back to the studio when something like this happens. I find it hard to believe they don't.

Otis

I understand that it's a world feed, but they must have the ability to cut back to the studio when something like this happens. I find it hard to believe they don't.
It's a bit more complicated I think. Someone has to make the decision and the question has to be asked. It's not like someone just has a finger on the button unfortunately.

I guess it caught everyone by surprise and the BBC had no idea the cameras were going for the close ups etc.

I think had it been the Beeb's own coverage, they would have pulled the plug straight away.

Paul Anthony

It's a bit more complicated I think. Someone has to make the decision and the question has to be asked. It's not like someone just has a finger on the button unfortunately.

I guess it caught everyone by surprise and the BBC had no idea the cameras were going for the close ups etc.

I think had it been the Beeb's own coverage, they would have pulled the plug straight away.

I'm sure there will be discussions at UEFA about how to handle the situation should it ever arise again, clearly there needs to be some lessons learned and a few words said.

skyblue1991

Does anyone know what cause him to collapse?

Luckily sounds like he might be ok

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Moff

I presume it was heart attack. He had shocks from the defib.

ITV said the Doctor who treated him said he had a pulse, but it goy very very weak so CPR commenced. He was defibbed but that could have been to either restart the heart due to a heart attack or to reset the heart beat if it had got irregular.
Either way hope he makes a full recovery!

Skybluefaz

ITV said the Doctor who treated him said he had a pulse, but it goy very very weak so CPR commenced. He was defibbed but that could have been to either restart the heart due to a heart attack or to reset the heart beat if it had got irregular.
Either way hope he makes a full recovery!
One good thing, since Fabrice Muamba I think it's been part of the FA level one course to learn about defibrillators and these sorts of incidents. We are better prepared than ever to deal with this stuff.

Mr Panda

The camera argument is strange. If a streaker runs onto the pitch you might see the initial 2 seconds as he enters the shot but then nothing else, they don't give them light of day

Guy getting CPR, potentially dead, broken wife... you see the whole thing

pipkin73

I applaud the Denmark players for creating the personal wall.

Football is for us all to see, what was/could have happened is not for us to see.

How they went out and still dominated the game gobsmacks me.

They might have lost the game but i think they will be a lot of peoples second team now.
Also, fair play and a big load of respect to Finlands fans for starting the Christian Eriksen chant.

mark82

The camera argument is strange. If a streaker runs onto the pitch you might see the initial 2 seconds as he enters the shot but then nothing else, they don't give them light of day

Guy getting CPR, potentially dead, broken wife... you see the whole thing

People love to blame the BBC though. It was the same across other broadcasters. I believe ESPN explained they were contractually obliged to stick with the UEFA/host broadcaster feed until the game was officially suspended, at which point they reverted back to the studio. Assume it's the same for all broadcasters. Thought the commentators and in-studio presenters handled it very well under the circumstances. There was always an option to switch away from the feed yourself anyway. Wonder how many complaining did that?

Anyway, all that stuff is unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Important thing is that Eriksen is still with us. Hopefully he pulls through. Give your family an extra hug. Don't be shy to tell people how you feel about them. Life's too short.

ddsdube

I did an FA 1st aid course for kids coaching a year ago. 95% of the course was how to deal with this situation. They say it will save a life, everything else (eg broken leg) call an ambulance and try to make comfortable. Based on Kjaer’s actions I guess players have this training too.

In the training we had to watch a video of a Spanish footballer collapse and he died as he wasn’t given the right treatment immediately. Kids have died too, one locally recently.

Great reactions by all involved saved his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipkin73

After showing all the hard stuff it would have been good to have seen him awake on the stretcher leaving the stadium
You sort of did see that. They showed you him putting his hand to his head (that showed he was alive), after 3ish hours
he then talked his team into continuing the game.
Denmarks manager said it only went ahead once they spoke to him and knew he was ok.
Had to take the player off (who treated him initially and consoled his wife) after 63 mins as he could not carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread