Chris Stokes (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Any news on the extent of Stokes' injury? Haven't seen anything mentioned on Twitter.

ratovan2

Thought he was outstanding, really developing well in that role.
Felt both Phillips and Haynes were weak and Murphy disappeared after a reasonable start.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

We should look at more players from non league because like we've seen from Stokes he's giving everything he's got as he knows most likely it's his last chance of becoming a pro\league footballer.

Brylowes

Agreed....didn't feel comfortable when Haynes was on the ball. He slows the game up...takes ages to makes a decision. He's just not up to speed. Strange to think that in Pressley's team he was a rising star. Just shows you how different a team we are these days. A spell out on loan would be a great idea. And Stokes just has to be one of the best signings ever!!!
Agreed-Haynes is not the answer he gives away possession even when easier to keep it

ranvir_PUSB

Stokes played brilliant yesterday and has really adapted to the CB role, he reminds me of Richard Keogh and how he was initially playing as a right back but he was moved to CB at Derby and he has never looked back since! As for Ryan Haynes he is not physically ready for this league, he is not very strong and he is a poor header of the ball in my opinion.

Otis

Stokes played brilliant yesterday and has really adapted to the CB role, he reminds me of Richard Keogh and how he was initially was playing as a right back but he was moved to CB at Derby and he has never looked back since! As for Ryan Haynes he is not physically ready for this league, he is not very strong and he is a poor header of the ball in my opinion.
Has he ever gone for a header, cos he chickened out of one last night.

ranvir_PUSB

Has he ever gone for a header, cos he chickened out of one last night.

I think he needs to be loaned out to a league 2 club, he needs to improve on the physical aspect of the game as well as positioning. Look at what Mowbray has done with Cian Harries, he's identified he's a talent and sent him on loan to a team who are top of the conference. Pressley should've done the same with Haynes last season when he wasn't in the first team.

Gint11

I think Stokes has really improved and even more so while at centre half. Having a versatile player like that who never misses a game really helps. I think Haynes was OK but seems to float through the games, I want his to grab the game by the scruff and have a go at the right back. As for Phillips, I like him but he's a bit erratic and tends to drift in leaving walsalls player exposed on his own out wide. The amount of balls played over there last night was annoying. Probably told to sit in which is zonal marking that I cannot stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

In many ways Phillips reminds me of Clark at RB seems to be in a daze and not in total control whereas Haynes just doesn't instill confidence and looks scared to death...for us to be a more attacking force we need more attacking right and left backs, don't think Charles cooke had much confidence in Haynes either there was one occasion in the 2nd half when Cook went to throw the ball out then seen it was Haynes and changed his mind.... their left back last night looked decent, good control and passed the ball well and very quick

Hobo

I think Stokes has really improved and even more so while at centre half. Having a versatile player like that who never misses a game really helps. I think Haynes was OK but seems to float through the games, I want his to grab the game by the scruff and have a go at the right back. As for Phillips, I like him but he's a bit erratic and tends to drift in leaving walsalls player exposed on his own out wide. The amount of balls played over there last night was annoying. Probably told to sit in which is zonal marking that I cannot stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of JOBs positioning was inviting Walsall to play it that side as well. We allowed them far too much space. The space and time given to the lad who put the cross in for their equaliser was not down to Phillips it was down to our midfield.

stupot07

Some of JOBs positioning was inviting Walsall to play it that side as well. We allowed them far too much space. The space and time given to the lad who put the cross in for their equaliser was not down to Phillips it was down to our midfield.

Murphy also tucked in out of possession, I presumed it was a deliberated plan to try and stifle walsalls narrow midfield diamond. If job and Phillips move another 10 yards wider it would create a big gap in the middle of the park. Job didn't get out to him quick enough, but that was down to his legs being gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skyblue1991

I can't stand fans that scream 'close him down!'

There's clearly a reason why we stepped back and on occasion it worked when they mis-placed a pass or got tackled and it left their midfield wide open.

Let the guys on the pitch do what TM has asked them to do.

Astute

You should know by now that we have people on here that are more knowledgeable at being a football manager than TM.

Otis

Murphy also tucked in out of possession, I presumed it was a deliberated plan to try and stifle walsalls narrow midfield diamond. If job and Phillips move another 10 yards wider it would create a big gap in the middle of the park. Job didn't get out to him quick enough, but that was down to his legs being gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
He was shot wasn't he. He could hardly run just before he came off.

wingy

Don't know if it's been mentioned but it sounds like he should be ok for Saturday as he was back in training today.

Otis

i used to hate him with a passion but this last year i gotta admit i like his singles lol
Stokes back training today and TM says as long as there has been no reaction he will be okay for Saturday.

Hopefully really positive news.

robbiethemole

I can't stand fans that scream 'close him down!'

There's clearly a reason why we stepped back and on occasion it worked when they mis-placed a pass or got tackled and it left their midfield wide open.

I'm also very sorry :(

AFCCOVENTRY

I have to say Stokes has been one of the unsung players of the season. Up there with the bargains such as RV.

Otis

I have to say Stokes has been one of the unsung players of the season. Up there with the bargains such as RV.
Yep. Going to be very interesting come player of the season this year.

Previously we have had to really scratch our heads to come up with anyone. This season we have a number of candidates.

Ricketts

Martin

Stokes

Armstrong

Vincelot

Fleck.

covcity4life

if i had to choose right now it would be between stokes armstrong and vincelot

but i dont have to choose yet :)

otis-murphy should be in that list!

superskyblue

I'm hoping Maddison can have such an impact that he's in that list come end of season too.

Agree on Stokes, he's fantastic.

Otis

if i had to choose right now it would be between stokes armstrong and vincelot

but i dont have to choose yet :)

otis-murphy should be in that list!
Nearly put him on to be honest. If he can be a little more consistent, then most definitely.

Think all the players I have listed have all put in consistently good performances throughout the season.

ajsccfc

I'm voting Fortune in the hope he sees this and decides life is worth living. It's A Wonderful Life, Marc-Antoine.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Haynes wasn't bad.
He's done quite well for me over the last2-3 he's come in for. Certainly no disaster.
One time Murphy put the ball up the line and he was on his heels, but he's been overlapping and firing a few crosses over.
The problem last night was both full backs were coming narrow while the ball was on the opposite flank inviting the crossfield pass which is where Murphy and JOB come in.
Didn't think Haynes overlapped much at all, times Murphy was crying out for Haynes to overlap or dart in behind and Haynes was just standing still, holding his position.

Otis

Didn't think Haynes overlapped much at all, times Murphy was crying out for Haynes to overlap or dart in behind and Haynes was just standing still, holding his position.
Yep and one occasion in particular when Haynes was given a perfectly good ball to run on to and just didn't go for it and it went out for a throw.

wingy

Yep and one occasion in particular when Haynes was given a perfectly good ball to run on to and just didn't go for it and it went out for a throw.
Yeah that's the one I mentioned, caught on his heels there.
Re CCFC, yes particularly second half firsthalf think he ventured up 4-5 times.
Given that we ceded 50%possession letting them stroke it about that's not too bad IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread