Chris Stokes off to the Championship (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Who says I'm angry? I'm not. Just pointing out that those pointing to the "option" meaning he'll definitely stay, overlooks the fact that we might accept a bid..

The same as any other player then?

Sky Blue Kid

Grenduffy, banter is banter, but you troll 95% of my posts! Who is the one with a fascination?

Last edited:

DazzleTommyDazzle

Id say at a lot of those posters would be raging if he went to the Championship, just judging by their posting behaviour that is!

On the thread where he signed, I'd say that about 80 - 85% of people were not happy. There was a couple of people saying wait to actually see him play first.

Even if you're right that about 80 - 85% of people who posted on that thread "were not happy", I really don't see that that translates to a "general view" that "he was shit". Still a small number of posters out of the multitude that visit here - and it seems to be the case that negative reactions are more likely to lead to a post than positive ones.

But we get the "everybody said" threads, based on a small number of posts.

Anyway, I happily accept that raging against hyperbole on the internet is truly a lost cause, so I'll stick to shouting at my computer in future :)

Nick

Administrator
Even if you're right that about 80 - 85% of people who posted on that thread "were not happy", I really don't see that that translates to a "general view" that "he was shit". Still a small number of posters out of the multitude that visit here - and it seems to be the case that negative reactions are more likely to lead to a post than positive ones.

But we get the "everybody said" threads, based on a small number of posts.

Anyway, I happily accept that raging against hyperbole on the internet is truly a lost cause, so I'll stick to shouting at my computer in future :)

Surely I can only get a general view of posters on here from posts?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Surely I can only get a general view of posters on here from posts?

You can get a view of what the people who are exercised enough to post on a given subject say.

I don't believe that you can then validly extrapolate that small and self-selecting sample into "everybody said".

Bugger - I said I was just going to shout at the computer.....

Nick

Administrator
You can get a view of what the people who are exercised enough to post on a given subject say.

I don't believe that you can then validly extrapolate that small and self-selecting sample into "everybody said".

Bugger - I said I was just going to shout at the computer.....

I don't / didn't claim it as every CCFC fan said. In general on here would mean "posters on here" :)

Shout at Siri instead, it can shout back :)

DazzleTommyDazzle

I don't / didn't claim it as every CCFC fan said. In general on here would mean "posters on here" :)

Shout at Siri instead.

In my original post, I did say that it wasn't directed at you.

It's something that has irritated me for a while and your post - which was by no means the worst offender - just happened to pop up when I had time to post.

SIRI, SIRI.......

mrtrench

Just read on the CET that the Stokes 1 year option is in the club's favour - so it's safe to assume he will be here next season.

1ccfc

Unless the club see ££££ signs. He is definitely worth a new contract, but if he decided not to sign I could understand the club selling if there was interest from the Championship. We seem to be doing alright with our non-league signings so maybe we could get lucky again.

rupert_bear

Don't worry Anderson will have him pencilled to raise a few thousand in a year or two, another sisu dip into the piggy bank

Users who are viewing this thread