Chris Stokes off to the Championship (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Apparently a host of Championship clubs will be in for him in the summer as he is out of contract.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Let's hope TM does the stuff and gets him signed up as soon as possible.

For me our player of the season.

AFCCOVENTRY

Let's hope TM does the stuff and gets him signed up as soon as possible.

For me our player of the season.

I think it's too late. We won't make it to the Championship now, and we only offered him a bloody 1 year deal!

Can't blame him if a Championship club offers him a contract now.

torchomatic

I thought he was a sign of how shit we are what with buying players who can't even get into a non league team?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Wouldn't surprise me. He's done enough in my books to warrant the chance and when you've come to the professional game as late as he has who would blame him. It's a very narrow career window playing football and he's very limited on years he can now earn a wage playing.

Hope it's not true and we can retain his services but if it is I only wish him good luck.

87mint

He definitely isn't good enough for the Championship yet.

Just because he runs around a lot and is passionate, does not make him any more able. Once he gets past the half-way line he's lost. He could definitely be a good player in a few years time but I doubt a single team has played against him this season and thought, Jesus, he won't be here long.

SkyBlueScottie

I like Stokes, played very well this season, been solid, chipped in with a few goals and is getting better. However at our level there must be left backs out there who can do the job just as well, possibly better? Only offering an alternative viewpoint, and for clarification I would prefer him to stay.

TakeMeHome

Stokes should be signed up and given the captaincy.

Our best player....no. The kind of bloke who will play 40+ games at a consistent level.. Absolutely.

We should be building our backline around him, Willis and Martin next year.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Atleast he's proven over a whole season that he can be consistent and I think he could make the step up.

Could go the same way as The likes of Keogh, although he was with us in the championship and proved he was capable and stayed there (right?).

oucho

Hang on, he is contracted for next season already I'm sure? ??

clint van damme

after what I watched tonight, I've no doubt he'd improve both man city and PSG, shocking football for a CL quarter final.

wingy

It's gone quiet on his injury.
Thought we would have had him back around the squad now.
I don't see him going anywhere.
He's done well,he'll be cost effective for this level and I would think the manager will have been satisfied with him, although I think he hinted at his shortcomings earlier in the season.

PVA

Don't think he's technically good enough for the championship but if he does go then good luck to him.

rupert_bear

Definitely good enough, but I think he'll stay another season atleast, but if he does stay and sign another contract he will want proper money, he is our best player.

skybluegod

Well we have a one year option on his contract in the clubs favour so he doesn't have the choice really. If we want to keep him we can

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Chris hussey anyone ? :jerkit:

[h=1]Chris Hussey is the best left-back in League One, says Bury manager David Flitcroft[/h]

Greggs

If he isn't offered a new deal and we lose him, it would be utterly outrageous. The sort of player, with the sort of attitude, that we should be building sides with. This one would hurt more than losing the likes of Maddison and Fleck

Glen

Why do we let players contract run down until its too late to do anything. he will leave his "advisors" will tell him so. Like this club is going no where but you can and all that crap.

oucho

If he isn't offered a new deal and we lose him, it would be utterly outrageous. The sort of player, with the sort of attitude, that we should be building sides with. This one would hurt more than losing the likes of Maddison and Fleck

Well he may be offered a new deal, but his agent will be doing the rounds across the Champ circuit, pushing him to other clubs. As with Sambou, just cos we made an offer doesn't mean it won't be trumped by another club.

I can see Forest for one coming in for him - Burton would be another candidate, ditto Bristol City and Preston.

Nick

Administrator
Well he may be offered a new deal, but his agent will be doing the rounds across the Champ circuit, pushing him to other clubs. As with Sambou, just cos we made an offer doesn't mean it won't be trumped by another club.

I can see Forest for one coming in for him - Burton would be another candidate, ditto Bristol City and Preston.

Surely if it is in the clubs favour then it would have pretty much been agreed? Where it might be something like an option to extend with wages based on performances etc.

Moff

Why do we let players contract run down until its too late to do anything. he will leave his "advisors" will tell him so. Like this club is going no where but you can and all that crap.

I believe the club have a one year option on him. It was mentioned earlier in the thread. He is contracted for another year if the club take it up, which I presume they will, so its not 'too late to do anything' as you put it Glen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33342740

AFCCOVENTRY

This whole in the clubs favour business...

Does that mean if the club decides you have one more year then his contract is automatically extended?

Or

Does it just mean he is offered another year but he still has to sign a contract?

Legally you can't automatically extend someone's contract unless they sign it. Unless he signed a contract last summer where he allowed for an automatic extension.

It's not very clear this new in the clubs favour statement that the club like announcing on players.

Moff

This whole in the clubs favour business...

Does that mean if the club decides you have one more year then his contract is automatically extended?

Or

Does it just mean he is offered another year but he still has to sign a contract?

Legally you can't automatically extend someone's contract unless they sign it. Unless he signed a contract last summer where he allowed for an automatic extension.

It's not very clear this new in the clubs favour statement that the club like announcing on players.

I believe it means if the club take it up, he is under contract for another year, as it will have been stipulated that way when he originally signed.

Users who are viewing this thread