Chris Eagles signs for Bury (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

This is a huge disappointment. Eagles was a player that I think would have made a significant impact and could have been with us much longer than Joe Cole.

wingy

This is a huge disappointment. Eagles was a player that I think would have made a significant impact and could have been with us much longer than Joe Cole.
Only time will tell.
I too was excited but we just have to hope he now fails to deliver any advantage for them over us.
It's been a strange scenario where someone has planted speculation early on with those betting odds etc with us.
If he was the one TM referred to and Keiren Cowley denied. TM will pissed off too.

stupot07

Not that bothered, would rather have Joe Cole for 7 games. Biggest signing since Wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Specs WT-R75

Whilst I am a little disappointed I think this shows the difference between Eagles and Joe Cole. Eagles still needs the money as I doubt he has ever had a ridiculous contract, whereas I think Cole genuinely just wants to play... and its not so much about the money (you would hope after 10 yrs at Chelsea & Liverpool he has plenty in the bank).

Astute

At least we know that there is more money in the kitty for any player that we need that becomes available.

wingy

There Is nothing out there that this Is official yet.
Only thing I can find Is Newsnow which appears to be derived from Moggas comments.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Would have been a decent signing, but would he have got much game time? Probably not as much as he would have wanted at 29.

We won't know if he's one we 'missed out on' until we see how he does at another League One side. For all we know he might not work out at Bury and we will be saying 'we had a lucky escape'. But I guess we wouldn't want to admit we were wrong, will we? ;) (and I include myself in that collective 'we')

Samo

Would have been a decent signing, but would he have got much game time? Probably not as much as he would have wanted at 29.

We won't know if he's one we 'missed out on' until we see how he does at another League One side. For all we know he might not work out at Bury and we will be saying 'we had a lucky escape'. But I guess we wouldn't want to admit we were wrong, will we? ;) (and I include myself in that collective 'we')

Nobody on here ever admits they are wrong. Except me... I would... if it ever happened. :p

rupert_bear

Plenty more fish in the sea, Tony Mowbray has stated we had the money for Joe Cole AND Chris Eagles, so TM will for certain have other irons in the fire and has correctly, imo, identified we are wanting in that department.

67tuck

I've searched Sky Sports and Bury FC website no mention of Chris Eagles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

They are doing well considering they get crowds of 3 men and a dog must buy a lot of burgers:whistle:

krambo

Told you Guys we had a moneyman a while back.We may only get 3 men and a dog but when you have a billionaire in charge,it does not matter what our attendances are.BTW,Joe Cole seems a decent addition for you guys.

dynamoholbrooks

Mowbray would be better to keep his transfer/wage purse closed just for now.
May have to dip in to get a CB to cover for Reda, I'd be on the phone to Everton to get Pennington back pronto.
Having Eagles on the books could have backfired big time, he hasn't set the world on fire just lately has he?
Time will tell I guess.

Now that's what we really need. Pennington wasn't even on the bench for Everton's last game. Is he injured? If not, we really need him now as I bet we won't see Reda again for a while.

Warwickhunt

Him signing will upset Clarke as he will be on more wedge than him so he will upset the dressing room like he always has done until he gets a raise or a move in January, Clarke is driven by money not Loyalty. I think its so refreshing to hear Joe Cole say its not money but football he wants.

Samo

Him signing will upset Clarke as he will be on more wedge than him so he will upset the dressing room like he always has done until he gets a raise or a move in January, Clarke is driven by money not Loyalty. I think its so refreshing to hear Joe Cole say its not money but football he wants.

To be fair, it's a lot easier to be driven by football if you are already a millionaire.

Samo

Sorry if ths has already been suggested but the timing is interesting... Eagles is sat there considering becoming the big fish in a small pond when Joe bloody Cole rocks into view!

Users who are viewing this thread