Chris Eagles signs for Bury (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He said: "Someone told me he signed for Bury this morning so if that's the case we wish him well.
"We need to speak to him about that. I enjoyed him for a week but we wish him well at Bury.
"Maybe location may have been a factor, I don't know."

Sounds like Mowbray didn't even know till this morning so doubt we ditched him, Eagles probably just decided to take the offer on the table rather than waiting for us to make an offer.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm pretty sure last week Mogga said the budget was there for Eagles and Cole.

I would get a decent defender in to cover reda

torchomatic

Location then. To be honest I can't really complain how things are going. It would have been nice to have him, but well, that's the way it is.

I'm pretty sure last week Mogga said the budget was there for Eagles and Cole.

I would get a decent defender in to cover reda

torchomatic

harvey098

He probably realised he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place here. Suspect that had something to do with it.

StevieM

Mowbray would be better to keep his transfer/wage purse closed just for now.
May have to dip in to get a CB to cover for Reda, I'd be on the phone to Everton to get Pennington back pronto.
Having Eagles on the books could have backfired big time, he hasn't set the world on fire just lately has he?
Time will tell I guess.

AFCCOVENTRY

Only negative is in 35 days we won't have Cole and Eagles. Would have been nice to have an experienced option.

hill83

Typical Sisu, Mowbray out, typical City, why always us, we haven't finished in the top six for ages, ex players always score against us, if a team needs a win they need to play us, not enough pubs in Cov, not another £1 shop,

hill83

Joking aside that is disappointing though. He would have been an actual signing rather than a loan. Good player too.

H

Huckerby

Typical Sisu, Mowbray out, typical City, why always us, we haven't finished in the top six for ages, ex players always score against us, if a team needs a win they need to play us, not enough pubs in Cov, not another £1 shop,
Where's the wink after so that we know you're being sarcastic?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Joking aside that is disappointing though. He would have been an actual signing rather than a loan. Good player too.

Agreed. But is this a sign of greed....Bury offer him more cash so he followed the £ signs? I can't think it would be for anything other than that.

D

Deleted member 2477

In my opinion this is bad news. I think he would have been a great adition to the squad and still only 29 so not past his best either. I think bury if they can keep clarke fit will be suprise top 6 team this year

D

Deleted member 2477

Bit disrespectful of eagles though to let tm find out from someone els

hill83

What happened to it?

I got crumbs on it from an egg and cress sandwich but forgot and went outside to look at a hedgehog and took my laptop to try and get a picture. An eagle swooped down and took the wink key. I was cross.

Evo1883

Cant deny i am a bit gutted about this , thought he would of added something to the team / squad .
Oh well we move on

bawtryneal

Because their costs are greater than their income by about 200%. The whole business plan is based on promotion to the Championship this season. Irrespective of FFP ( which is another issue) the owner does not have the funds to support beyond one year
Same problem at Nottingham Forest Big shit about to happen there

SlowerThanPlatt

Because their costs are greater than their income by about 200%. The whole business plan is based on promotion to the Championship this season. Irrespective of FFP ( which is another issue) the owner does not have the funds to support beyond one year
I thought they have a private backer?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams

Forest already have the player sanction from FFS so what further big shit is going to happen?

Warwickhunt

Agreed. But is this a sign of greed....Bury offer him more cash so he followed the £ signs? I can't think it would be for anything other than that.
fit in well with clarke then? cannot wait for him to start playing up in the dressing room now! he realises that Eagles will dominate the dressing room he will chuck his dummy out of the pram again and demand parity with his wages else he's off:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread