Chris Dunn > Joe Murphy? (1 Viewer)

Dunn had a decent game yesterday without having a lot to do.
Keepers thrive on confidence and the unnecessary haranguing by Wood in the first half was totally out of order particularly when Wood put him under unnecessary pressure from a poor back header.

SkyBlueCharlie

how can people say this? i like murphy but dunn did nothing wrogn today! proved he;s a great shot stopper against derby last seaosn and that was justified with the low save in the corner today. He flapped at one because he was being shoved in the back, but apart from that he started off the move fore our first goal, coming about 7 yard out of his area to claim the corner which murphy never would have dared to do and was quick off his line and alert throughout the match too. distribution was good from him too. Yes, he was quieter than murphy is but communication will come from experience. What you've got to remember is that he;s still young and has only played about 3 or 4 matches in 2 seasons and still has played well! things can only get better for him surely? at least he wasn't shouting abuse at our back four the whole game like murphy does weekly!!

Sorry but just cannot agree with your assessment. Several times he came for the ball and then went back leaving the defence in confusion, flapped at more than once, his kicking from hand often went straight through to the opposition keeper. It ended up so that that even Edge wouldn't pass back to him! He has a long way to go before he reaches Murphy's standard.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
This thread is nearly a year old! We'll be singing "Happy Birthday" to it soon! :D

Grendel

Chris Dunn was the Northampton keeper when they won at Anfield in the carling cup a couple of years ago.
So he can handle the big stage

Raddy Avramovic was a our goalie when we thumped them 4-0.

Bring him back!

Astute

Some of you make me laugh.

Murphy is one of the best keepers in this division. Should we have another keeper that is also one of the best keepers in this division warming the bench all the time? He does seem good enough for a reserve keeper though.

covcity4life

shouldnt we be happy that our understudy aquitted himself well?

this pro muprhy pro dunn thing is becoming like pro thorn anti thorn

Dunn was good against Morcombe. He made some great saves but also had a few blunders. he chose not to dive for a shot that almost went in, so theres an element of Petr Cech but theres also an element of David James. I think Murphy can take him under his wing and make him a better keeper. But i for one cannot wait to see him in action again

Users who are viewing this thread