Chris Dagnall on loan? (1 Viewer)

thejinkingSakamoto

There are rumours circulating that we are about to sign Chris Dagnall on loan from Barnsley.

Last edited:

italiahorse

I'm loosing track with the loan process.
First we don't want loans and now we do. Surely it is misguided by SP to not have say 3 strikers and rest one occasionally. Is he restricted by TF?
Simply 11 first team players will not get you in the play offs. Perhaps survival is all we can expect this season. As for next ?

Manchester_sky_blue

Daggers! Rochdale are my pet team in my northern exile so seen him play a lot, awesome player at league 2 level and unless he has gone majorly off the boil at Barnsley then he should score a few in league one as well. Good signing if true.

Oz Howie

Goal scoring record in lower divs is just OK, but he's only 5'8"!. Surely we can't use Callum as the 'target man', for Dagnall to feed off? We need a striker 6'+

woody11462

His contract is up at the end of the season too according to Wiki so if he impresses/likes the club, might be an option to take him on the cheap like we did with Clarke in the new year or convince him to return in the summer.

Kingokings204

Chris Dagnell is a lower league player so may suit us. Im just apprehensive as to his height etc that why didn't we just keep Elliot or McDonald if this was the case? Especially Elliot who always ran his heart out and scored a few goals i.e mk dons.

woody11462

Vital Football Barnsley are reporting he is joinging us as they have someone else coming in to fill the squad place. Not sure how official this is though.

wingy

Chris Dagnell is a lower league player so may suit us. Im just apprehensive as to his height etc that why didn't we just keep Elliot or McDonald if this was the case? Especially Elliot who always ran his heart out and scored a few goals i.e mk dons.

Where is he now??

ollyservetta

if dagnell then id say mansett has to come back ,we struggle both ends with lack of height and strength in the air ,at least mansett has a presence ,.could do with a Dublin type to cover both ends at corners and free kicks ,Brentford destroyed us with height and strength,it was obvious by half time we would not get owt out of the game ,.we have been found out ,time for a plan b ,trust in s,p for as long as he stays at least

stupot07

Yeah, he scored a few.....well 4 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RoboCCFC90

Where has it been confirmed?

From what I have been told by a friend we will only sign Dagnall when Barnsley have a sufficient replacement themselves.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
One newspaper reported the following on the 16th November. Although things can change, he seemed set to stay

Barnsley boss David Flitctoft says out-of-favour striker Chris Dagnall wants to stay at the club.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in signing the marksman on loan. But with Danny Rose sidelined for around four weeks (ankle) Flitcroft is keen to hold on to Dagnall as one of only four recognised strikers in his team.

“It’s difficult for Chris because he’s someone who loves playing football” revealed Flitcroft. “We want Chris here and he wants to be here too. If we get another injury [to a striker] then we’re down to three. “There’s certainly been interest in Chris, but at the minute we want him in and around what we’re doing.”

“We’ve let the clubs know that we want him to stay [for the time being], but they’re certainly on the alert. When a player of Chris Dagnall’s quality comes up then there’s teams that do want him.”

The Star understands Reds striker John Cofie could join Scunthorpe United on loan next week and team up with fellow Barnsley player Reuben Noble-Lazarus who has gone on loan to Glanford Park earlier this week.

Barnsley will host Newcastle United in the FA Youth Cup at Oakwell on December 17, (7pm)

PVA

He's not very good, but this is not a very good league and some average players score a lot of goals at this level so he might be a decent option while Leon is out.

RoboCCFC90

Without trying to jump the gun I have just seen this on Twitter:

Gary McSheffrey‏ @sheebagee - Madden to Coventry??

The only thing I can think of is Paddy Madden of Yeovil who is transfer listed, if this is the case that we are with a chance of signing him I would be hugely happy.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Without trying to jump the gun I have just seen this on Twitter:

Gary McSheffrey‏ @sheebagee - Madden to Coventry??

The only thing I can think of is Paddy Madden of Yeovil who is transfer listed, if this is the case that we are with a chance of signing him I would be hugely happy.

Could be decent but his record before last season was abysmal

RoboCCFC90

Could be decent but his record before last season was abysmal

He is a goalscorer with good pace would be more than welcome at City. Madden is one of the type of strikers that you just need to feed him chances.

fernandopartridge

Goal scoring record in lower divs is just OK, but he's only 5'8"!. Surely we can't use Callum as the 'target man', for Dagnall to feed off? We need a striker 6'+

Wilson is better in the air than Clarke imo, although should be the won running in behind. Think Dagnall is useful with his back to goal, maybe similar to Elliott.

covcity4life

wow madden? be amazing if true judging by his last season

lets hope we do get 3-4 players in, a win vs mkdons and we can start looking positive again.

RoboCCFC90

Two other clubs thought to be in running are Rotherham and Sheffield United.

This could be a stumbling block...

Sheffield United who are in the bottom 4 or thereabouts and Rotherham although higher than us in terms of League position, not as big a club.

ccfcway

Sheffield United who are in the bottom 4 or thereabouts and Rotherham although higher than us in terms of League position, not as big a club.

Grim times, taking a reserve from Barnsley. I remember when we were thumping them 4-0 every season, it wasn't that long ago !

RoboCCFC90

Grim times, taking a reserve from Barnsley. I remember when we were thumping them 4-0 every season, it wasn't that long ago !

Yeah I remember that as well, times change.

bringbackrattles

Not just a striker we need right now but at least two defenders.
Can't believe the goals have dried up when we were banging them in for fun.

LB87ccfc

Would love Madden, be the perfect shop window for him with the chances we create he would rekindle his form.

Dagnell decent record at lower leagues and would score a few.

A center back or winger would be nice too.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Wilson needs the ball played in front of him too.

I only know the name Paddy Madden, not really followed his career or know his stats.

Seems strange Shef would tweet about it though? Want us to miss out and alert other clubs? Or is that wrong thinking he's that spiteful? ;)

LB87ccfc

Wilson needs the ball played in front of him too.

I only know the name Paddy Madden, not really followed his career or know his stats.

Seems strange Shef would tweet about it though? Want us to miss out and alert other clubs? Or is that wrong thinking he's that spiteful? ;)

Sheffers is a city fan still, and might of heard from someone that its a possibility/ on his way, not done out of spite.

LB87ccfc

Madden was crap at carlisle and hardly got a kick, yeovil plucked him out for 50k and bang bang bang as was given love and oppportunities, we can do the same and relight that flame he had last season...

Dagnell good lower level, same as Madden when comes to championship, either one would score goals.

Users who are viewing this thread