Match Thread Chesterfield - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Sep (3 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Local radio.
That was good keeping a clean sheet after shipping in 8 goals in the last 2 games.
We can move on from that.

singers_pore

That was shit. McNulty and Beavon simply don't create enough. McNulty missed two golden opportunities to score and didn't really do much to create opportunities for himself. You can see why he had a decent record in the Scottish pub league but it seems he needs plenty of golden opportunities as he fluffs most of them. In addition we need someone upfront who can head the ball and hold up the ball. Beavon and McNulty simply can't do it.

Can we get a striker on loan. Why waste money on another CB when Hyam was doing a good job. Just doesn't make any sense. It's all very well saying we need strength in depth but currently we don't have any quality forwards so that ought to be a priority.

Nick

Administrator
Game pretty much summed up by the two McNulty misses - abysmal

Didn't look in the game for long periods

Yes we tested Lee maybe twice? But that's not enough! You won't get anywhere unless you take your chances

Doyle and Kelly are too similar. Bit like his first stint when Doyle and Hughes were too similar, although even I admit this time round it is on a different level. I'm sure Doyle and Kelly will be good individual players (ok, maybe one good and one amateur ;)) but not convinced by them together.

No idea what happened with our subs today. When they went down to 10 we had to make a statement of our intent; if Robins feels we did that, I'm concerned! To have your final sub stripped and ready to come on in extra time and still not make an appearance is bizarre!

Maybe Taylor didn't reply to his text in time? ;)

AlansEyes

According to Tony Cottee, we were by far the better side and McNulty was the best player on the pitch. I get the impression that this thread doesn't agree...

Pete in Portugal

Exactly, he changed the players but not the system we were playing.

He is starting to look stubborn about it.

I agree - echoes of TM from Robins today. Rigidly sticking to plan "A", when it was so obvious it wasn't working. It seems he learned nothing from last week, when the change to plan "B" was forced on him by injuries. So frustrating.

skybluetony176

I agree - echoes of TM from Robins today. Rigidly sticking to plan "A", when it was so obvious it wasn't working. It seems he learned nothing from last week, when the change to plan "B" was forced on him by injuries. So frustrating.

Pressley went the same way also. They're a bit like the owners with legal action. Doing the same things expecting different results.

pusbccfc

Struggling to take in what I've just seen.

We are in big, big trouble. Many comparisons to the this time last season.

chiefdave

That was rubbish. McNulty looks like he could play all season and not score.

We don't look too bad at the back, apart from when we tried to gift them an injury time winner but going forward we offer little. If we're playing 2 defensive mids they need to distribute the ball quickly, get it out wide and run at them.

Its obvious opposition teams are wary of Jones and when they dive in cards will follow. Problem is with all the attention on him why isn't space opening up for other players? Duck looked OK when he came on but apart from that we didn't offer much.

There doesn't seem to be any urgency or any desire to win.

Marty

Awful. This team are completely clueless. Some dozy bint near me thought they were great today. Unbelievable.

CCFC_Charlie

Awful. This team are completely clueless. Some dozy bint near me thought they were great today. Unbelievable.
That's can't be right mate, this squad is the best in the league. Performance on the pitch doesn't matter when you're class 'on paper'.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I do wonder how many games it will take for it to sink into some people this is league two. As many on here have pointed out, Beavon was player of the season for Burton who got out by winning a lot of games 1-0. Games like today are the 1-0's that burton used to win. When Robins gets his team to gel......

How long should we give them? 10 games?

I get this is League Two. I get it's not going to be pretty. And I'd love to see 1-0 wins and lots of them. But to do that we have to score!

Add to that your main striking threat missing opportunities like McNulty did, you know straight off it's going to be a difficult, long, frustrating season

letsallsingtogether

Struggling to take in what I've just seen.

We are in big, big trouble. Many comparisons to the this time last season.
Thays the painful truth.
I have been to the last 3 games can't see one good thing come out of any of them.
And that is our strongest squad.

ccfcway

Guy on Cwr "the fans booing at the final whistle today were not booing the players, they were booing the owners"

As if. The fans were booing the players and management. Nothing whatsoever to do with sisu

Gazolba

Guys and gals we still have 41 games left to play
And at half-time, they said there was 45 minutes left to play. But what happened in the second half?

letsallsingtogether

Guy on Cwr "the fans booing at the final whistle today were not booing the players, they were booing the owners"

As if. The fans were booing the players and management. Nothing whatsoever to do with sisu
What do you know I was booing the owners and that wanker Fisher.

Gazolba

We didn't conceed and got a point
My point exactly, no improvement from the first half. Even after they were down to 10 men.

Nick

Administrator

Christ I am going to agree with you.

People surely understand this squad we have is more than good enough to be in the playoffs at least this season.

Ashdown

Sounds like the Newport game, devoid of all ideas going forward. This is what Robins has ordered though as he had to stop the rot, two league defeats and 2 cup defeats were starting to dominate morale I imagine. There is very little creativity in Midfield or pace in the team though, it could be a slog !

Users who are viewing this thread