Match Thread Chesterfield - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Sep (8 Viewers)

robbiekeane

Do you know what as well....it's okay to get tactics wrong. But then when it's fucking obvious you've got to change it. It's alarming that nothing has changed this whole game. Trying not to overreact but based on the last few games we will be mid table at best this year.

Nick

Administrator
This is what will happen.

Player gets the ball
Passes the ball to Doyle
He will look up, stand there, look about, look around, look down to check he has the ball, look back
Pass it sideways to the full back.
They pass it back to Doyle or hoof it forward to their centre halfs head.

Rinse and repeat.

Somebody either needs to drop deep, make a run to give Doyle space or something to work with or get in the gap

ccfcway

I do wonder how many games it will take for it to sink into some people this is league two. As many on here have pointed out, Beavon was player of the season for Burton who got out by winning a lot of games 1-0. Games like today are the 1-0's that burton used to win. When Robins gets his team to gel......

dongonzalos

This is what will happen.

Player gets the ball
Passes the ball to Doyle
He will look up, stand there, look about, look around, look down to check he has the ball, look back
Pass it sideways to the full back.
They pass it back to Doyle or hoof it forward to their centre halfs head.

Rinse and repeat.

Somebody either needs to drop deep, make a run to give Doyle space or something to work with or get in the gap

Which is why I want Ponti on in circumstances like these for the last 15/20 mins to make the runs and shoot on sight

skybluetony176

I don't get it. We have a manager who has a reputation for teams that play attacking football, we seem to have recruited in the summer to play attacking football yet we're playing sideways and backwards. Are we trying to lull them into a false sense of security before unleashing on them? Does Mowbray not trust his squad to play that way? I don't get it.

Nick

Administrator
I do wonder how many games it will take for it to sink into some people this is league two. As many on here have pointed out, Beavon was player of the season for Burton who got out by winning a lot of games 1-0. Games like today are the 1-0's that burton used to win. When Robins gets his team to gel......

What points do you keep trying to make?

It's not about gelling, it's about a negative system when we have a player advantage against a team struggling. Players could be bathing in Brylcreem and it wouldn't make a difference.

They are trying to hold onto the game, take off a defensive midfielder and bring on somebody to link the midfield with attack properly or to drive forward with the ball and use any space we can.

I'm still wondering if Taylor was really the brains behind it.

robbiekeane

They've had all fucking summer

dongonzalos

They were able to put the ball in the net to get the 1-0.

Otis

I don't get it. We have a manager who has a reputation for teams that play attacking football, we seem to have recruited in the summer to play attacking football yet we're playing sideways and backwards. Are we trying to lull them into a false sense of security before unleashing on them? Does Mowbray not trust his squad to play that way? I don't get it.
Who?????

lifeskyblue

I can understand setting up for a draw away from home after a couple poor results. But we need to react once the game is on. Andreu should be starting and ponticelli coming on with 30 to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Fuck sake Jones, scores a hat trick and a great game then turns greedy fucking up every free kick and shot.

clint van damme

plus points - 1 point off play offs, 3 off automatics.
Haven't conceded in a game where the keeper hasn't dropped a clanger.

Negatives - everything else, Robins has to start putting out more positive team formation and tactics but maybe he's more concerned with those clean sheets for now.

robbiekeane

Even if we win this 1-0. We are in big trouble this season based off today's showing. The biggest concern seems to be Robins lack of learning agility (either that or the players aren't doing what he's telling them which is even worse)

hill83

e1284470-0adc-0133-f4ad-0e18518aac2f.png

Users who are viewing this thread