Match Thread Cheltenham Town (A) (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

New user mate 👍 took me a week to realize the confirmation email was in my spam folder

giphy.gif

COV

Put like that it is a damning statistic and doesn’t bode well for the season ahead. The Covid outbreak has done us no favours but that is possibly the same for all teams. We are a couple of weeks away from when we have to be ready and I suspect there will be lots of unpredictable results in all leagues until it all settles down with the Euro’s, covid and incomplete squads.
I hope we can hit the ground running but I wouldn’t put my house on it at present but I have faith in the manager to have a competitive team when the season begins.

I wouldn’t ever put my house on the outcome of a CCFC match

Liquid Gold

We looked very good at points today so I’m more confident now than I have been or if I’d hadn’t been there.

We look very good going forward. Absolutely stacked with Waghorn, Gyokeres, Walker, Godden, O’Hare, Jones and Bright.

Do need to sort out the back a little bit though.

Mcbean

Jones looked lively and has beefed up a bit - Waghorn looked a level up from Walker - once these two were on with Viktorrrr we looked threatening and had several periods where they were hanging on - their number 10 was pretty good and would be worth stealing

Hobo

Ok, I've revised my shopping list.
We now need
1 keeper
2 centre backs
1 lwb (and not some teenage fucking midget nomark )
1 dmf

And we still need to find takers for Hilsner, Jobello, Shipley and Allen.

Reality says pick 3 from that. Maybe 4 if you can shift a couple on.

Hobo

Feels like we're way behind with our pre-season at the moment. Covid obviously had a big impact. Recruitment seems to have been difficult too. Confident we'll get there eventually, but first few weeks could be tough as we get up to speed.
Very little recruitment anywhere to be honest.

COV

You mean, change it to fuckoffanddontcomebackno

You know the biggest problem I have with you?

I keep getting you mixed up with Baldy.

You two should start a double act- “Fatso & Baldy talk football”

Hobo

I'm more than concerned about the inability to score. Let's face it, Robins doesn't have a strong track record with strikers at the club.

Just took away from relegation first time. Second time, one cup and two promotions. First season in Championship kept us up when hampered by long Covid lay off, Covid restrictions around training and key players injured for large part of the season.

Friendlies tell you nothing about the season a head.

Tea & Busquets

Just took away from relegation first time. Second time, one cup and two promotions. First season in Championship kept us up when hampered by long Covid lay off, Covid restrictions around training and key players injured for large part of the season.

Friendlies tell you nothing about the season a head.
All friendlies are telling us for now is that we need more depth

Mucca Mad Boys

All friendlies are telling us for now is that we need more depth

If it makes anyone feel better, Man U lost 4-2 to QPR today. Didn’t do much against Derby either.

Just another reminder to everyone not to worry too much about preseason and we don’t need two XIs as good as one another.

Tea & Busquets

The trialist looked good as well. Big, strong and quick while also being good on the ball.

I’ll be pleased if we sign him.
Think this is a mason situation where we gave him a trial knowing he was signing permanently. Bushiri is a proper first division footballer back in Belgium, Norwich wouldn’t let him go just like that I wouldn’t think.

AFCCOVENTRY

Really hoping Jones gets some luck now. He’s one of our better attacking players.

Attacking options of Waghorn, Viktor, Bright and Jones will give plenty of teams problems.

In defence if we get the Chelsea lad at LWB, Norwich CB and another CB I think we should be ok.

I still think we need someone experienced as defensive midfielder to complete with Kelly (especially as he’s out for a while).

Users who are viewing this thread