Cheltenham Away (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

If we have to get something from this game to make a play off place.....I’d imagine lots will travel regardless of tickets??

clint van damme

Found them, only letting me get Forest Green tickets and I've had the log in dating back to their FA Cup game v Dover in 2014. Not sure what's going on with that!

they're obviously expecting this to happen. The log in allows you to but tickets for a couple of other teams and I can access all of their remaining games.

Modcons86

Can you take drink on the coach fatty?
I've caught replacement buses from new st to walsall back from games over the last few weeks.. never been stopped having a drink on there. Guessing it depends on the driver really.

Adge

Just registered with Cheltenam but will only let me buy tickets for their game tomorrow. Bastards! Shit website as well!
Buy one cheapest ticket for tomorrow anyway. Then you have previous purchase history when it comes to getting tickets for the Cov game. :emoji_thumbsup:

clint van damme

not on Facebook but I've been told today there are people selling tickets on there with a big mark up. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order.

Liquid Gold

not on Facebook but I've been told today there are people selling tickets on there with a big mark up. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order.
Yes there are. Hopefully people are screen shotting it and sending it to the club who then revoke the purchase and put them on a resale.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

A lot of them are wind ups mate, I've seen posts offering tickets for Stevenage at home for £50 each. It started last year when someone genuinely wanted £150 a ticket, on the first day of sales for the Checkatrade Final, when people were panicking they wouldn't get a ticket.

Liquid Gold

A lot of them are genuine. People buy tickets for away games as soon as they go on sale then try and flog them on at a profit. Most people won't pay it which is why there are always tickets at face value on the day of the game. To be fair the admins in the group try and remove the posts selling tickets at a mark up and discourage people from doing it.

I've bought and sold tickets this season but never at anything but face value.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know it's not what you're referring to @clint van damme and slightly off topic but these days I always expect to pay a little bit more than face value for tickets, especially gigs, due to the extortionate booking fees Ticketmaster etc are adding on!
I was looking at day tickets for Neighbourhood Festival in Warrington, to see Noel Gallagher, ticket face value was £50ish, the booking fee was £6 (per ticket) and then an extra £2.50 (per ticket) - to print off your own ticket at home!!! I know £8.50 isn't a lot but when you're buying 3/4 tickets it soon adds up.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

A lot of them are genuine. People buy tickets for away games as soon as they go on sale then try and flog them on at a profit. Most people won't pay it which is why there are always tickets at face value on the day of the game. To be fair the admins in the group try and remove the posts selling tickets at a mark up and discourage people from doing it.

I've bought and sold tickets this season but never at anything but face value.

There are some weird posts on the Cov Fans Forum Group but give it it's credit, if you ever want cheap coach travel, a funny picture of Joy Seppala with a witches hat on or a stream for Crawley Away, then it's pretty bloody good!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There are some weird posts on the Cov Fans Forum Group but give it it's credit, if you ever want cheap coach travel, a funny picture of Joy Seppala with a witches hat on or a stream for Crawley Away, then it's pretty bloody good!

Or in your case a place to find out where you can buy flares and meet up with the Stone Island crew?

Liquid Gold

Taking a look on the Cheltenham forum, it's refreshing to see a set of fans so happy to have away fans in the home end. Seem like a very friendly bunch, I do hope none of our arsehole contingent tarnish.
I would be interesting if clubs started to experiment with a mixed zone. I'm not saying get rid of segregation as that would ruin the atmosphere but have a section of the ground where you expect to mingle with the other fans, could help clubs like cheltenham get extra cash and mean more fans attend. Would just need dickheads not to go in there.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't have an issue sitting with other fans. While I am not over the top with a love in, I'm not wanting to kill somebody because they support the other team.

Liquid Gold

I wouldn't have an issue sitting with other fans. While I am not over the top with a love in, I'm not wanting to kill somebody because they support the other team.
I'd rather be with just cov and get the atmosphere but if that wasn't possible then I'd happily go with other fans and tone it down a bit.

Modcons86

Not sure I could stomach sitting with opposing fans when they score.

Marty

Really looking forward to this game but missed out, I'll be in the home end, going to have them delivered too work so it looks less obvious going to a Brum postcode instead of to Cov one.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If I wanted to have a pint with the Stone Island Brigade, I would just drop you a message ;)

I'm looking forward to Cheltenham, anyone know of any decent battle cruisers about the place?

How is it fair that you got a ticket?

Let's expect more pitch invasions and blue smoke. Meanwhile loads of season ticket holders and regular match going fans miss out.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The ground is miles away from the centre so I think its going to be a case of taking over one of the few nearby.

It's not actually too bad. Went to watch them play Newport earlier in the season and you can walk it from the main town in about 20.

I suppose if you're planning to steal some For Sale signs, or move some road works in the way of moving traffic - it might take you a bit longer.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

How is it fair that you got a ticket?

Let's expect more pitch invasions and blue smoke. Meanwhile loads of season ticket holders and regular match going fans miss out.

How is it unfair? I've done 12 Home games and 9 Away Games this season, so I'd put myself in your regular match going fans bracket anyway!

I'd get a ticket in the home end even if I couldn't get an away ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread