Match Thread Checkatrade Final Match Thread - Oxford (2 Viewers)

covmark

Gutted I can't be there with you all, but I'll be following on here. Updates would be much appreciated.
3-1 win please. Have a great day sky-blue army.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bugsy

mds

Us by 2 goals, the teams getting into Robins style and looking better every game, with that i think it will be quite comfortable for us.
4 weeks ago i was looking forward to a day out watching City probably getting beat comfortably at Wembley, now im confident we can win it and make it look easy doing it.

The Reverend Skyblue

The Greater Anglia trains have disrupted services on sundays ,they are updating everything, so I'm having to change mode of transport twice each way.
I can get to the station after Colchester but then its two bus changes, so an hour and a half journey is going to take near on three bloody hours.
Bloody trains

covmark

The Greater Anglia trains have disrupted services on sundays ,they are updating everything, so I'm having to change mode of transport twice each way.
I can get to the station after Colchester but then its two bus changes, so an hour and a half journey is going to take near on three bloody hours.
Bloody trains
Yeah I was looking at near on 3 hours from Salisbury. Absolute joke rev. We've decided to drive, well the Mrs has. I'll be having a couple of pints ha.

Gazolba

Tudgay back training and in contention fucking hope he doesn't even get on the bench done fuck all since he's been here.
He's only our leading scorer!

Gazolba

I wonder if Oxford winning last night helps at all. For us this is our season. Down in all but name, so this is all we have.

<snip>

Obviously promotion tot he Championship is much more prestigious than winning the EFL Trophy.

I know we obviously have a game too on the Wednesday, but our situation is all but hopeless anyway.
I think the fact that we have nothing else to play for will definitely act in our favour.

The Reverend Skyblue

Yeah I was looking at near on 3 hours from Salisbury. Absolute joke rev. We've decided to drive, well the Mrs has. I'll be having a couple of pints ha.

I obviously could drive and would probably be quicker but means no beer, so I'm going to start off earlier than planned, just means getting back late

stevefloyd

My heart says City win but my head says big stage get ready for a fuck up as per usual
defence should hopefully be DKE Willis Stokes Haynes

coop

He's only our leading scorer!
Only in the league with a massive 4 not scored in any cup lamerias has scored 4 all in the cup top goal scorer is G Thomas with a mind blowing 6 in all competitions.Not looking good for a high scoring game.

Great_Expectations

Feeling a lot more confident with Robins in charge, and the fact we have won two on the bounce - that's not a coincidence.

We are underdogs, but thought of playing at the national stadium (which most never will again), in front of 40k+ fans supporting and urging you on must be a massive motivation.

Linked to that, within reason and where it's pragmatic to do so, I'd play players who have an affiliation to the club and are therefore more likely to be motivated by the environment i.e. the fans, than journeyman. Although, to be clear, he may be an academy player but that doesn't include Burge for obvious reasons.

It will go to extra time just to give 40k of us heart attacks, but we'll win in the last few minutes - Bigi screamer.

SkyBlueSoul

My head is saying 3-1 Oxford atm. As long as we aren't thumped or lose in the last 5 minutes I'm not hugely fussed, although that will definitely change come Sunday. I just want to see at least one goal to have the memory of celebrating something CCFC related at Wembley.

matesx

Devastated to miss this game. Couldn't justify the air fare and holiday time to get there from oz. I really hope this turns out to be a great day for everyone involved. The fans deserve it.

will you get it live on telly box?

mrtrench

Fancy picking up two on the way and sharing cost ?

Ccfcsj

Most of the crowd asking the person next to them who is the player in Sky Blue and them in turn asking the person next to them. Eventually somebody who knows the players will say who it is

lifeskyblue

Hopefully 2-1 to us. Robbins seems to have got us organised and playing as a team. My fear is that we will concede a couple early on and heads drop.

PUSB

coop

Good bit on bbc 1 midlands today with Dave Bennett and Micky Gynn saying none of the 1987 cup winners have been invited to the final poor pr by our great owners.More tomorrow night with the player's.

chiefdave

Good bit on bbc 1 midlands today with Dave Bennett and Micky Gynn saying none of the 1987 cup winners have been invited to the final poor pr by our great owners.More tomorrow night with the player's.
Bit weird given the former players association have them both listed as attending and Dave Bennett doing some work on the day for 5 live.

Great_Expectations

Cannot wait for the first rendition of the Sky Blues Song.

Considering how shit this season has been(well the last decade bar a few brief glimpses of hope), I'm determined to make the most of one (albeit temporary) glimmer of light in an anotherwise dark tunnel of supporting Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread