Match Thread Checkatrade Final Match Thread - Oxford (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Get on it!

1-1 full time with us winning on pens. Yakubu with a screamer.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
2-1 119th minute winner scored by Mr checkatrade himself, Ruben Lamieres.

Folivi to make an appearance from the bench and we all say 'who' in tune with one another (or as close to!) when his name is announced.

RCC to have a blinder promoting a 'who is the better keeper' thread one minute after the final whistle (got to allow some time for celebrations, right?)

Some of this post is true. Il let you decide which part :D

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
1-1 at full time rcc comes up for lat gasp corner scores, extra time lamieres then with 30 yard screamer to win 2-1 :emoji_grin:

letsallsingtogether

2-0 to us with Burge saving a pen and having a MOTM performance.
With Bigi scoring the second for his new baby:)

CovBurty

3-0 Oxford. Been wrong last couple of games. So hope I'm wrong again. Oxford first proper team in this cup. They can and will score.

trevelfarandwide

2-2 at FT, but I predict a winner for us in the second half of ET.

3-2 City.

Otis

I wonder if Oxford winning last night helps at all. For us this is our season. Down in all but name, so this is all we have.

Oxford winning last night puts them just 4 points behind the play off places. They also have a game on the following Wednesday. I just wonder if this will enter their team selection for Sunday at all.

Obviously promotion tot he Championship is much more prestigious than winning the EFL Trophy.

I know we obviously have a game too on the Wednesday, but our situation is all but hopeless anyway.

letsallsingtogether

Burge will be on the bench surely as he has the other games with RCC playing?
Who knows we have Robins in charge now he wasn't here then.
High might not play ether his misses is due to drop on Friday.
I'll stick to 2-0 with a diving header for the first.:)

Nick

Administrator
Who knows we have Robins in charge now he wasn't here then.
High might not play ether his misses is due to drop on Friday.
I'll stick to 2-0 with a diving header for the first.:)

No burge and bigi on a sunny day with 40k cov fans and plenty of beers.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

I honestly don't care it's going to be amazing anyway.
Worst case scenario it rains, I spill some beers and we lose but I have a great day with good friends and family singing city songs and getting drunk.

Probable, a great day out with friends and family getting drunk singing city songs and we have a decent atmosphere in the national stadium and a competitive game.

Best case scenario, the above but I find a wallet, go to find the owner only to realise its lee Burge's so I take all the money (he's accidentally left his last two years wages in there) and buy the whole SBA a drink. I then use his ID to steal his identity, I use this sign a contract fixing him to play for free for Scarborough for the next 5 years. Robins then realises he's a man short and asks me to just sit on the bench to make up the numbers. Yakubu accidentally sits on one end of the bench tipping it all up so I'm the only one who doesn't fall of and get injured (Burge is looking for his wallet). Oh shit, Bevon is injured in the last minute, "just go on and make up the numbers. Try not to get in the lads way" says robins but I know what he really wants, it's 1-1 and we need this trophy. RCC picks it up and chucks it out to Bigi who passes it to Oxford. I nip in front of them to get the ball, this knakers me out (I've been drinking beers on the bench) so I just whack it, top corner 40 yards out. I put a bet on all this happening at the beginning at insane odds so I'm in the money now. I buy wasps and turn them in to ballboys for ccfc who I've also now bought. Champions league winners in 7 years.

I reckon it will end up being somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd.

trevelfarandwide

I honestly don't care it's going to be amazing anyway.
Worst case scenario it rains, I spill some beers and we lose but I have a great day with good friends and family singing city songs and getting drunk.

Probable, a great day out with friends and family getting drunk singing city songs and we have a decent atmosphere in the national stadium and a competitive game.

Best case scenario, the above but I find a wallet, go to find the owner only to realise its lee Burge's so I take all the money (he's accidentally left his last two years wages in there) and buy the whole SBA a drink. I then use his ID to steal his identity, I use this sign a contract fixing him to play for free for Scarborough for the next 5 years. Robins then realises he's a man short and asks me to just sit on the bench to make up the numbers. Yakubu accidentally sits on one end of the bench tipping it all up so I'm the only one who doesn't fall of and get injured (Burge is looking for his wallet). Oh shit, Bevon is injured in the last minute, "just go on and make up the numbers. Try not to get in the lads way" says robins but I know what he really wants, it's 1-1 and we need this trophy. RCC picks it up and chucks it out to Bigi who passes it to Oxford. I nip in front of them to get the ball, this knakers me out (I've been drinking beers on the bench) so I just whack it, top corner 40 yards out. I put a bet on all this happening at the beginning at insane odds so I'm in the money now. I buy wasps and turn them in to ballboys for ccfc who I've also now bought. Champions league winners in 7 years.

I reckon it will end up being somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd.
Can you please PM me with the details of your Valium haul, mate? My stash of frighteningly potent and experimental mood stabilisers is running a tad low. ;)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Head: 5-1 Oxford

Heart: 2-1 City, Lameiras to have a blinder and set up both goals that get scored by G. Thomas and Beavon.

Solid genuine prediction: I'll be absolutely fucking smashed from sunrise to sunset.

coop

Burge isn't the problem for me it's Turnbull he is awful I think I've only seen him have one good game we will miss the two centre halves.

Cv3cov

3 -2 aet
Oxford take earley lead on 2 mins
we equalise on 8
they score again from corner 40 min. 2-1 to hem half time
Beavon equalises again on 62 superb diving header

extra time winner.. Bigi charges up pitch crosses hits Oxford defender knee loops over keeper!! 3 - 2

SkyBlueSoul

3-2 City. Concede a header in the 2nd minute, equalise when someone rounds the keeper after a flick on. Our keeper caught in no man's land for a shambles of a 2nd for them before we score a beauty of an equaliser. Don't know why but I'm seeing a diving header in my mind. All pretty cagey until we win it in extra time with a flukey deflected goal, probably from a cross

SkyBlueSoul

3 -2 aet
Oxford take earley lead on 2 mins
we equalise on 8
they score again from corner 40 min. 2-1 to hem half time
Beavon equalises again on 62 superb diving header

extra time winner.. Bigi charges up pitch crosses hits Oxford defender knee loops over keeper!! 3 - 2

Damn it, refreshed the page when I posted and saw you'd beaten me to it! haha:emoji_laughing: :emoji_clap:

David O'Day

Head: 5-1 Oxford

Heart: 2-1 City, Lameiras to have a blinder and set up both goals that get scored by G. Thomas and Beavon.

Solid genuine prediction: I'll be absolutely fucking smashed from sunrise to sunset.
if your head says 5-1 then get a new one quick fella

coop

I'm the same not that fussed about the result as it's been an awful season a win would make the day better but a lose wouldn't spoil my day out .

SuperFred

Just hope we turn up and at least give ourselves a chance.

If it goes to extra time there's a good chance we could crumble given our fitness problems.

Going for an optimistic 2-1 win with George Thomas bagging the winner!

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread