Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Oct (2 Viewers)

hill83

Why? I don’t mind being proved wrong if it results in a win. I’ve never actually been that critical of him - certainly compared to many on here who stated him before he kicked a ball.

Yeah but it’s still funny.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Charlton must be quaking with fear
Just shows what you know , you Clown.
giphy.gif

hill83

I think you’d have had pretty good odds on him scoring two today - still I’m pleased for him - I’ve never seen a player get so much stick before he’s even really started playing.

I agree. Purely based on what a few Walsall bellends were saying as well. Obviously it’s only 1 game but the bloke deserves a chance.

Sky Blue 1987

So pleased for all the fans - especially those that have travelled. A comeback from 1-0 down at a team that are really good at home. Not sure about the rest on here, but be honest, how are you all feeling compared to 1-0 down with 10 mins to go? Can't get a silly grin off my face. Made my weekend!
Absolutely made my day, didn’t think we had much of a chance after being 1-0 down and then the subs changed the game. So pleased for Bakayoko, being frozen out since Chaplin arrived he could easily have not bothered trying when he came on, but he was obviously determined to prove people wrong and stake a claim and was brilliant.
Bakayoko, Hiwula and Chaplin to start next game and hopefully forge some sort of relationship, it doesn’t seem to be working with Chaplin and JCH, and Bayliss on the wing, so maybe try the combination we finished with today.
Anyway PLAY UP SKY BLUES....we got the 3 points and definitely robbed Charlton cause we shouldn’t have had a chance to come back from 1-0, we should have been a few more down on the run of play

Paxman II

Can't remember Charlton causing Burge much trouble second half tbh. We went at it with the subs and got just deserts. If you were a Charlton fan you would be saying (with just a penalty to the good) that Coventry are going to equalize. And so it proved. First Thomas fools their defenders but then an added bonus when then Chaplin's run turns their defenders with Bako playing his part for the return. Clearly he has an immediate understanding with Chaplin. We competed all afternoon and Davies was immense & MOTM. This is the game that hands us a much needed confidence a boost after close defeat last week. We have not been outplayed against anyone and played many in the top half.

mark82

Can't remember the last time we came from behind to win. Great result.

Edit: just seen Astute's post above.

Gazolba

Big difference in this game was Robins sent on the subs 20 minutes earlier than usual.
It's amazing what a difference 3 points makes. If we'd lost we'd have been one point above the relegation places.
As it is we are in a mid-table position.

Users who are viewing this thread