Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Oct (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Just had a read of the Charlton forum, same cliched nonsense you read on here at times and other ridiculous assertions:

The disappointing thing is we can say without arrogance [sic] that we are by far and away a better attacking and footballing team than Coventry City. Indeed, compared to most in this league.

They're also prone to the anti Roland stuff linking him with the defeat like some link every defeat to SISU

Paul Anthony

I don't disagree but today he was anonymous

Think that's his biggest issue. When he's on it, his abilities are clear to see. Look at the Sunderland game. But when he's not, he doesn't influence games. And reverts to falling over a lot.

I have to say though at times his job has been pretty thankless, especially when we sit deep and thump it long to him on his own, and expect him to hold off two or three players without getting any of ours up to help.

Otis

Didn't know about Wasps.

Were they at the Ricoh today then? And they lost?

Geez. Gutted for them.

giphy.gif

Offhegoes

No doubt the subs changed the game, but before that,we were very poor which is worrying coming after the midweek disappointment. Really not sure about JCH. He is not a target man or a goal scorer. He was out fought for every ball played up to him. He is no more a goal threat than Bianou, and lacks Max’s team play and enthusiasm. He’ll be non league in 2 years. Great comeback though. Pleased for Baka. Seemed to get all the stick for that dreadful Blackpool defeat, but he wasn’t the worst that night (see O’’Brien & Brown)
Davis superb today. Sterling solid and steady. Thought Kelly did well too

Liquid Gold

Fair play to Robins, I was thoroughly pissed off at half time but he did what he had to today. Also to Baka for the goals, especially the second. Chucking himself at that he looked like a player full of confidence.

Sick Boy

Just seen the goals! What was brown thinking? The man was running nowhere!!

As for Bakayoko, I think I’m going to get his name tattooed* somewhere! What a player ;)

*not strictly true

Brown was having his shirt pulled by their player to extent that you could see the heart rate monitor they wear. No excuse for the rash challenge though

Gint11

Been on the Charlton forum and in the main, they think we are dogshit and can’t believe they lost the game. There are some that credited us on our second half and how dogged we were.

It’s a cracking result but for 60-65 minutes we were pathetic by all accounts. It’s a results business but we must be better.

speedie87

Another goal that came from a goal kick for us, another one in eye for these managers who insist of keepers playing it short

stevefloyd

Just had a read of the Charlton forum, same cliched nonsense you read on here at times and other ridiculous assertions:

They're also prone to the anti Roland stuff linking him with the defeat like some link every defeat to SISU
To be fair to them I think they were the better attacking team compared to ours, had Baka not come on and changed things the team would have had a right slating,
Before we scored I was thinking i wish we had someone like Taylor who could hold the ball up and actually beat a man...that man was usually the inept Brown its a good job the rest of their players didnt have the same attributes as him

clint van damme

To be fair to them I think they were the better attacking team compared to ours, had Baka not come on and changed things the team would have had a right slating,
Before we scored I was thinking i wish we had someone like Taylor who could hold the ball up and actually beat a man...that man was usually the inept Brown its a good job the rest of their players didnt have the same attributes as him

I though their front line was the most impressive we've faced this season. Really liked their number 11.

stevefloyd

Just seen the goals. Great cross by Chaplin for the second as well as great header. Yes he’s missed a couple of decent chances but his lively, intelligent runs and makes it difficult for defenders...I’m still confident he will score plenty.
I think he just needs to get the monkey off his back, he is obviously now trying too hard and snatching at chances he is only 21 so still only a kid his confidence must be low atm missing those chances lets give him an extra cheer or 2 because as soon as he scores and settles i am sure more will come

Users who are viewing this thread