Championship 22-23 (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Promotion favourites middlesbrough are in the relegation zone and only 2 points above us with 5 games played

They've just purchased Matthew Hoppe from RCD Mallorca. 3 million he cost them.

Bombed out the squad for pretty much the whole season previously, following a pretty average season at Schalke. He is young and got potential, but to throw 3 million at him just shows how some teams have a much more expendable pockets than we do.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bombed out the squad for pretty much the whole season previously, following a pretty average season at Schalke. He is young and got potential, but to throw 3 million at him just shows how some teams have a much more expendable pockets than we do.

I look at Huddersfield signing Rudoni for under 1 mill, and MK Dons signing Twine for similar last summer. Boro throwing millions on players like Hoppe is one thing but when we're even out of the equation for 6 figure fees from the leagues below it makes you think.

fernandopartridge

Wilder has achieved some great promotions but his record when he's got a bit of money to spend is not impressive

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

You hate that we did better with him than with mcallum

See Sam McC 's out until after the world cup with a foot injury. That's 2 left/wing backs Norwich have out. See they're bidding for a left back from Trance now (they'll potentially have 3 lwbs of decent quality on their books) Only parachute payments that allow this sort of thing.

Brighton Sky Blue

See Sam McC 's out until after the world cup with a foot injury. That's 2 left/wing backs Norwich have out. See they're bidding for a left back from Trance now (they'll potentially have 3 lwbs of decent quality on their books) Only parachute payments that allow this sort of thing.

Seems a bit unwise to go permanently signing players for a position where it's a temporary shortage.

Fergusons_Beard

First manager casualty of the season as Stoke looking for a new manager as Michael O’Neil sacked.

Not surprising if you ask me-they’ve spent a lot of money and have been terribly average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I don't know if it has been noticed but after the Birmingham game on the 17th September we will have played 6 away and 2 at home. People think our start of 2 away is bad I wonder what the table will look like then. Hope Joy does not look at the table and sack MR because of our position.
On the Micheal O'Neill sacking 5 games in 13 new signings you have got to be given a few games for those to settle into the team.Why did they give him leave to bring in those players and not give him a chance to work with them?

covcity4life

Debatable, we actually won league 1 with mcallum when he was 18. And made £3M quid on him, So id say we did quite well with Sam.
Ya tbf I thought mcallum had 1 year in championship with us and was comparing to that but I'm not sure he did now. Who was our lwb first season we came up?

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't know if it has been noticed but after the Birmingham game on the 17th September we will have played 6 away and 2 at home. People think our start of 2 away is bad I wonder what the table will look like then. Hope Joy does not look at the table and sack MR because of our position.
On the Micheal O'Neill sacking 5 games in 13 new signings you have got to be given a few games for those to settle into the team.Why did they give him leave to bring in those players and not give him a chance to work with them?

Probably because they have checked whether Sean Dyche would be interested before they pulled the plug.

Users who are viewing this thread