Championship 21/22 (6 Viewers)

no_loyalty

2-1 Forest ☹️

Sky Blue Harry H

Forest penalty an absolute joke too - Honeyman plays the ball, and Mighten kicks his foot - ref gives a penalty. I'd be fuming if I was Hull. Drops us to 8th too! Game in hand, though.

no_loyalty

Forest penalty an absolute joke too - Honeyman plays the ball, and Mighten kicks his foot - ref gives a penalty. I'd be fuming if I was Hull. Drops us to 8th too! Game in hand, though.

Yes, Honeyman clearly won the ball.

Londonccfcfan

Watching the highlights. Blackburn actually look like the best team in the division at the moment. They dont actually rely on brereton Diaz as much as you'd think.

Crazy league when you think Fulham hit them for 7.

Jamesimus

Watching the highlights. Blackburn actually look like the best team in the division at the moment. They dont actually rely on brereton Diaz as much as you'd think.

Crazy league when you think Fulham hit them for 7.

I think looking at the league now, I can see 7 teams above us that I have watched and thought "they are as good as / better than us" (yes, even Fulham in a way...)

Swansea below us but I think they looked good despite having erratic form. And maybe Sheffield United.

That's why I think playoffs is a stretch.

Luton I put down to the way they set up. I'm not sure they're a better team, but let's see in the next game against them.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think looking at the league now, I can see 7 teams above us that I have watched and thought "they are as good as / better than us" (yes, even Fulham in a way...)

Swansea below us but I think they looked good despite having erratic form. And maybe Sheffield United.

That's why I think playoffs is a stretch.

Luton I put down to the way they set up. I'm not sure they're a better team, but let's see in the next game against them.
Luton are certainly not a better team, but they are tough to break down, the way they set up was top class, closed us down quick and we barely left our half, still there is a reason they are mid table not play offs, because they cant withstand playing to a certain ability, they have some good players that I would take, such as Adebayo, Cornick and Campbell but thats it to be honest

edit : Adebayo is a 1 in 3 goals a season striker across his career, and this season a 1 in 2 with 10 goals in 20 games, definitely worth a sniff

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

edit : Adebayo is a 1 in 3 goals a season striker across his career, and this season a 1 in 2 with 10 goals in 20 games, definitely worth a sniff

Teams with deeper pockets than us will be looking at him. Think we need to use our finances to secure our current 'stars' before there is any chance of significant recruitment. The only way I can see a new permanent, non development player coming in is if there is one leaving.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Teams with deeper pockets than us will be looking at him. Think we need to use our finances to secure our current 'stars' before there is any chance of significant recruitment. The only way I can see a new permanent, non development player coming in is if there is one leaving.
Methinks a good replacement for Walker if he does end up going

NortonSkyBlue

Luton are certainly not a better team, but they are tough to break down, the way they set up was top class, closed us down quick and we barely left our half, still there is a reason they are mid table not play offs, because they cant withstand playing to a certain ability, they have some good players that I would take, such as Adebayo, Cornick and Campbell but thats it to be honest

The 5-0 result suggests otherwise but I tend to agree with you to a point, like we beat Fulham 4-1 doesn’t mean we are better than them.
you can see confidence is flowing through the Blackburn team that wasn’t there when we played them yet it’s on the back of a 7-0 home defeat.
Nothing in certain in this league.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

The 5-0 result suggests otherwise but I tend to agree with you to a point, like we beat Fulham 4-1 doesn’t mean we are better than them.
you can see confidence is flowing through the Blackburn team that wasn’t there when we played them yet it’s on the back of a 7-0 home defeat.
Nothing in certain in this league.
The league is really tight if you look at it with there being 8 points between 18th and 5th, anyone can win any game on their day, I think there are teams better than others but then thats only due to certain aspects of their game not actually being on paper better

PUSB-We_are_going_up

No, we need injections of quality in both central midfield positions
I know this, Im just saying because we will need a replacement for Walker if we decide to cash in, and I did say not the area of most concern, Ive said on other threads we need a central midfielder that can make play, because I think we need that Hamer back up, however as I said we need another dimension to our game, Adebayo can play very well as a loan striker meaning we can rotate around and if need be actually use JJ or Allen with O’hare successfully, meaning Viktor, Godden and Waghorn can all get a rest whenever needed

Brighton Sky Blue

I know this, Im just saying because we will need a replacement for Walker if we decide to cash in, and I did say not the area of most concern, Ive said on other threads we need a central midfielder that can make play, because I think we need that Hamer back up, however as I said we need another dimension to our game, Adebayo can play very well as a loan striker meaning we can rotate around and if need be actually use JJ or Allen with O’hare successfully, meaning Viktor, Godden and Waghorn can all get a rest whenever needed

Jones and Allen simply aren’t comparable to O’Hare and it’s that sort of quality required, likewise as good Kelly is to have in the squad you need someone closer to Hamer or Sheaf to progress.

It’s about quality in depth beyond the starting 11

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Jones and Allen simply aren’t comparable to O’Hare and it’s that sort of quality required, likewise as good Kelly is to have in the squad you need someone closer to Hamer or Sheaf to progress.

It’s about quality in depth beyond the starting 11
We certainly have that in some areas, where as CB we have next to no depth and the same for LWB, I know that JJ and Allen aren’t comparable to O’hare, as they aren’t anywhere near his level infact potentially the level below him, Im just saying it would be potentially good to have an extra option meaning we can use the box more effectively in games of need

Blind-Faith

Been watching Sheff Utd and Fulham since about 20 minutes gone, Sheff Utd been time wasting from the moment I’ve switched it on, it’s really embarrassing and so frustrating. 2 players gone down ‘injured’ so physios had to come on, both have played on now as if nothings happened , Sheff Utd gk just booked for time wasting. It’s ruining the game as much as diving IMO

Terry Gibson's perm

Been watching Sheff Utd and Fulham since about 20 minutes gone, Sheff Utd been time wasting from the moment I’ve switched it on, it’s really embarrassing and so frustrating. 2 players gone down ‘injured’ so physios had to come on, both have played on now as if nothings happened , Sheff Utd gk just booked for time wasting. It’s ruining the game as much as diving IMO

I hate it but I don’t know how they will stop it the commentators will say good game management. The goalie will keep wasting time as he won’t get sent off and he knows it.

Blind-Faith

I hate it but I don’t know how they will stop it the commentators will say good game management. The goalie will keep wasting time as he won’t get sent off and he knows it.

Totally agree , don’t know how else you can stamp it out? Unless they start Stopping the clock when the balls not in play and scrap the injury time like in some American sports. I don’t watch football to watch physios spend more time on the pitch than the majority of the subs that come on.

skybluesam66

Could easily be 11th after Boxing Day fixtures albeit 2 games in hand on most
We really do need a couple of back to back wins to get us back nicely in the top 6

Actually shows how close the division is as if we managed that the top 4 are all then targets

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Totally agree , don’t know how else you can stamp it out? Unless they start Stopping the clock when the balls not in play and scrap the injury time like in some American sports. I don’t watch football to watch physios spend more time on the pitch than the majority of the subs that come on.
I agree, but cant get rid of Robins time, perhaps stop the clock when an injury occurs and keep the clock going if the ball is out though, but give a limit to goalkeepers and players taking throw ins, perhaps 6 second rule back for the goalkeeper and maybe a 4/5 second rule for a throw in as of when they have the ball

shepardo01

There was meant to be a time limit for goalkeepers but I can't remember it ever been upheld.
The rule no longer exists, Nick, hasn't done for a fair few years. The directive is that a keeper must release the ball in a reasonable amount of time!

skybluegod

The rule no longer exists, Nick, hasn't done for a fair few years. The directive is that a keeper must release the ball in a reasonable amount of time!

Half correct. The six second rule does exist but you aren't necessarily meant to get a yellow card it's meant to result in an indirect free-kick. It's still in the IFAB laws of the game as:
An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

It's unclear whether you should get a yellow card too, because when it comes to cautioning that's where it says about not taking an excessive amount of time.

Bertola

you do get the occasional booking but that is for taking a deadball kick - they never get penalised for holding too long
Also the occasional booking never gets turned to a red as the behaviour continues

This is a real bug bear. Refs are unlikely to book keepers until 80+ mins. There was one the other week that booked the opposition keeper after about an hour, but then the keeper just continued as he knew the ref wouldn't have the balls to give him a second yellow

larry_david

Remember when we drew 0-0 away at sheff utd and some muppets on here claimed it was a shocking result because Sheffield United were bottom 6.

It was clear they were on the rise, I called it, other sensible posters called it. Was a good solid point against a team finding their feet again.

shepardo01

Half correct. The six second rule does exist but you aren't necessarily meant to get a yellow card it's meant to result in an indirect free-kick. It's still in the IFAB laws of the game as:
An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

It's unclear whether you should get a yellow card too, because when it comes to cautioning that's where it says about not taking an excessive amount of time.
Cheers SBG, that is interesting!
Having played and worked in football, we used to get directives each season regarding changes to the laws, was sure that one went years and years ago... obviously not.
Interesting that it is still written into the laws, but never enforced!

skybluegod

Cheers SBG, that is interesting!
Having played and worked in football, we used to get directives each season regarding changes to the laws, was sure that one went years and years ago... obviously not.
Interesting that it is still written into the laws, but never enforced!

I think it shows why there is so much inconsistency in application of the laws as well! It's a hard job being a ref. I also think if you start enforcing that rule you are looking at a lot of indirect free kicks.

It may well have been removed and put back in tbf, it's only cause I had this conversation with somebody at work a few months ago that I know!

Users who are viewing this thread