CET - one of my pet hates !! (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

COVENTRY CITY'S STRIKE FORCE GIVES THEM GOOD OPTIONS AND THEY WILL PICK UP POINTS IF THEY CAN SURE UP THEIR DEFENCE A LITTLE MORE

I'm no English teacher, but when they put this as a CET headline ?!?

Errors like this make them seem so amateurish....

torchomatic

It's happened loads of times with headlines. They don't have journalists in local newspapers anymore.

Sky Blue Harry H

You have a choice, you don't have to go on their website.

Always like to see what the latest CCFC news is - just find it weird that so many basic English errors appear via a news outlet - embarrassing; same as when it's produced by an educational establishment. Just my opinion !!

Mcbean

Always like to see what the latest CCFC news is - just find it weird that so many basic English errors appear via a news outlet - embarrassing; same as when it's produced by an educational establishment. Just my opinion !!
Clearly you don’t need any literary skills to be a journalist any more

TTG

giphy.gif

wingy

If it’s BBC news you get their own opinion now for free !
And if you air an opinion there has to be a qualifying counterpoint or a straight up 'this is not the opinion of the. BBC or ' this is an opinion there are others '.

AlansEyes

I went for work experience in the CT sports desk about 12 years ago (ended up working on a summer supplement when we previewed exciting signings like Ellery Cairo) and there were 6 members of staff on the sports desk. Now, you'll be lucky to have one qualified journalist and a trainee.

AlansEyes

I went for work experience in the CT sports desk about 12 years ago (ended up working on a summer supplement when we previewed exciting signings like Ellery Cairo) and there were 6 members of staff on the sports desk. Now, you'll be lucky to have one qualified journalist and a trainee.
Should add though that mistakes have always crept in. That supplement had the headline 'We asses the summer signings' Er... Will always be thankful to Andy Turner for what he did for me that week though, basically gave me the numbers of a load of former players and left me to interview them about their predictions for the season. Managed to speak to Jimmy Hill, Quinn, Bobby Gould, Micky Gynn, Froggatt and a good few more...and one or two who refused to take part unless they were paid.

shmmeee

And if you air an opinion there has to be a qualifying counterpoint or a straight up 'this is not the opinion of the. BBC or ' this is an opinion there are others '.

Thank you to Issac Newton on his new theory, and now we go to Dave who believes we’re all held down by fairies. And then Nigel Farage to tell us the fairies are foreign.

Users who are viewing this thread