Celtic or Rangers (1 Viewer)

Adge

I know. Was just winding you up.
Rumour has it that the Mrs has just purchased Glastonbury tickets for next year in the hope that Corbyn makes an appearance on stage again.

skybluetony176

The only good thing about the whole rangers Celtic thing is the banter with my catholic cousins in Northern Ireland (we’re all Protestant expect six boys and my auntie Mary). If I’m over and they're expecting me I’ll walk through the door and they’ll all be wearing their Celtic tops calling me a dirty black bastard to which my reply is always “and proud, just like your dad”. I always remind them that they’re half Protestant themselves and it’s their better half’s etc etc. I love those taig fuckers ;)

Last edited:

covcity4life

used to prefer celtic in 90s when ranagers dominant

now rangers all the way since started fighting back up from lowerleages, play good stuff under gerrard too

spfl is really good this year tbh, if hearts could win it. wow

Monners

Can't stand the Celtic Rangers shite - most fans are ok, but still idiots hankering after the dark old days. Also a bit of myth that all Republic of Ireland fans follow Celtic - they don't, and many resent the old school nonsense.
Wouldn't want to comment on Rangers and their links to the past (present). Will leave that to others

Anyway, I quite like Motherwell due to the great Willie Pettigrew from back in the 70's

CCFC88

Irish family so always fallen on the green side, wouldn't really celebrate a goal or a win though. Went up a couple of years ago for an old firm game at Celtic Park and the atmosphere was absolutely electric, real passion.

ccfc92

Celtic.

Love watching SPL, especially Celtic v Rangers. I know the quality isn't as good, but I'd much rather watch 2 teams give 100% than the tarts in the English Premier League.

ccfctommy

Love watching SPL, especially Celtic v Rangers. I know the quality isn't as good, but I'd much rather watch 2 teams give 100% than the tarts in the English Premier League.

I have to agree. No half and half scarf bollocks there.

Liquid Gold

It takes the shine off the old firm that they play so many times a year. They would be better out of the Scottish system. If they can’t join the English system into a British league they should look at a Scandinavian league as they also struggle with a few good teams and nothing else.

Covstu

Think it comes from the King James bible so is protestant history/culture/nonsense.
I have heard various explanations on this one to be honest. It was a statement of loyalty for the protestant people of Ulster (but now grown to the Queen's Land) or also it was a bible statement around being the people of Gods pasture (or something like that!)

Covkid1968#

Rangers for me.... but because I like Blue . In the same way I prefer Everton ... well that and the fact other half supports Everton...the people’s club! I think tHey are the catty lick club in Liverpool but it’s very diluted up there..... Mrs is a proddy so clearly religious lines not followed that closely.

Users who are viewing this thread