Celtic or Rangers (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

Neither. Living up here I see the good and bad in both sets of fans. When my son's first CCFC kit was too small for him we asked him what kit he would like as we couldn't get hold of a CCFC kit his size old or new. I didn't want him to have any of the English PL teams, popular Spanish or German teams or Celtic & Rangers as I didn't want him getting involved in some of the nastiness that can include but didn't mind if he chose Stirling or Falkirk as the local teams or Inverness as that is where he was born, he chose England and I was very happy. He does now have a CCFC kit and like me has no interest in Scottish teams at domestic or international level.

Nick

Administrator
Couldn't give a shit about either of them, it's even more embarrassing than plastic man utd fans when people are plastic for them.

CJ_covblaze

Not a fan of Rangers but despise Celtic.

Sick Boy

Family and parents from the west of Ireland so have family who support Celtic. I'm not a big fan of all of the songs from both glorifying murder though, and the bigotry of a sizeable minority.

At Crewe away last season there were some little ballbags next to us with a Rangers flag and coming out with anti Irish stuff and going on about the IRA. It was a pleasure to kick elbow with one with a liver shot when we scored.

Otis

Family and parents from the west of Ireland so have family who support Celtic. I'm not a big fan of all of the songs from both glorifying murder though, and the bigotry of a sizeable minority.

At Crewe away last season there were some little ballbags next to us with a Rangers flag and coming out with anti Irish stuff and going on about the IRA. It was a pleasure to kick elbow with one with a liver shot when we scored.
Terrible bigotry from both sides. Sometimes they stoop very low.

I remember after 9/11. Think it might have even been the next day, or at least just 2 or 3 days after the incident and Celtic were playing Rangers. Rangers had an American player (sorry, can't remember his name) and he went over to take a corner and some Celtic 'fan' imitated a plane crashing into a building at him.

Geez, that's incredibly low. As I say, it's on both sides though.

When we were little you either chose Rangers or Celtic and I chose Rangers because they played in blue and we played in blue. Knew nothing at all about the Protestant/Catholic thing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Neither, but if it was a life or death choice it would be Celtic. That's the Paddy Catholic in me. (ex-communicated many, many years ago though!)

Houchens Head

20 years ago i'd be growling and be all over this........Now i can't be arsed.....History is history so lets move on.
Not quite sure why this has got to you? Strange reaction.

Covstu

Rangers for me, all of my family were Glasgow born and moved down in the 70s so always has a close connection with the club. Still think the religious bollocks is still daft but that isn’t going to change

Sick Boy

Terrible bigotry from both sides. Sometimes they stoop very low.

I remember after 9/11. Think it might have even been the next day, or at least just 2 or 3 days after the incident and Celtic were playing Rangers. Rangers had an American player (sorry, can't remember his name) and he went over to take a corner and some Celtic 'fan' imitated a plane crashing into a building at him.

Geez, that's incredibly low. As I say, it's on both sides though.

When we were little you either chose Rangers or Celtic and I chose Rangers because they played in blue and we played in blue. Knew nothing at all about the Protestant/Catholic thing.

That's ridiculous and moronic to say the least. A vivid memory I have is going to a celtic (not football) festival in Leicester as a child and wearing a grey tshirt with a harp on it and 'Ireland' and me and mother being spat at by some older teenage skinheads in Rangers shirts who were there to cause trouble.

Westendlad

That's ridiculous and moronic to say the least. A vivid memory I have is going to a celtic (not football) festival in Leicester as a child and wearing a grey tshirt with a harp on it and 'Ireland' and me and mother being spat at by some older teenage skinheads in Rangers shirts who were there to cause trouble.
Hey ? Otis was merely mentioning a memory so hardly ridiculous or moronic.

Houchens Head

Why strange ? Oh and just thought...30 not 20 years ago !!! Feck me i'm getting old !
Because you reacted to my comment about me being brought up an Irish Catholic. If you read my signature you would know where my loyalties lie. ;)

Adge

It’s just mainly brain washing by the older generation to follow suit when it comes to Celtic or Rangers. A bit like “my dad and his dad voted labour all their lives so that’s who I am voting for”.

Otis

It’s just mainly brain washing by the older generation to follow suit when it comes to Celtic or Rangers. A bit like “my dad and his dad voted labour all their lives so that’s who I am voting for”.
Good for you. You know it's the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread