CCFC statement (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

It really just never ends does it ?! Why us, why Coventry City ? Essentially we are faced with a choice of new Landlords{ who with their track record I expect SISU will fall out with double quick} or a small identikit piece of shit stadium somewhere in the Coventry area which will ultimately limit us forever more to a footballing status something akin to Doncaster Rovers. Marvellous, happy days !

lets all meet at pub.

first round on hill83

Grendel

Surprise surprise. The Royal Sham appears to defend his mates. What ever happened to PWKH?

I think he achieved his goals on here and then left. To be fair he didn't have to try to hard. Most swallowed every word he said.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I don't want a new stadium, but we do need access to matchday and additional revenue to progress. We've been treading water before sinking whilst we've been at the Ricoh. A rental deal only is no good to us and is just more of the same.

I really don't know what the answer is. Basically nothing's changed short term, but now we're very likely fooked in the medium to long term future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

A rental deal can work. If the product on the pitch is attractive you will get supporters back up to old levels. Wasps need a partner going forward as it is incremental revenue, if the club put a little investment on the pitch instead of servicing debts to themselves you would be able to do this. A long term rental deal at sustainable levels coupled to access to match day revenues is infinitely more palatable than a huge mortgage around the clubs neck. Does any one not think that SISU would not charge rent at the mortgage able rate plus a management fee for letting the club play in this new stadium. Their would be a SISU added tax on everything purchased in the ground with a minimum going back into the club, we are owned by a vampire company that will continue to bleed us dry until their is nothing left. When will people wake up and stop blaming the Higgs or the Council, SISU have bought everything upon themselves. Until these leaches leave then we will continue to fall at every hurdle, sell the odd gem of a youth player and put out a product on the pitch that will consistently tread water.

dongonzalos

Ah, so about the same if not more than Wasps?

Needed to far surpass the wasps offer IMO.
Them also match anything offered by wasps.
Pushing the charity to fulfil its legal obligation.
Then once the offer was accepted it would have been down to the people of Coventry to apply pressure on Wasps.

Matching wasps was never going to cut it.
3.5 million would still have been a good price . In comparison to building a new stadium

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

It really just never ends does it ?! Why us, why Coventry City ? Essentially we are faced with a choice of new Landlords{ who with their track record I expect SISU will fall out with double quick} or a small identikit piece of shit stadium somewhere in the Coventry area which will ultimately limit us forever more to a footballing status something akin to Doncaster Rovers. Marvellous, happy days !

Is it possible the last 20 years have been as good as it gets with City? Shameful downfall of a once (the odd exceptional year) not so great club.

stupot07

A rental deal can work. If the product on the pitch is attractive you will get supporters back up to old levels. Wasps need a partner going forward as it is incremental revenue, if the club put a little investment on the pitch instead of servicing debts to themselves you would be able to do this. A long term rental deal at sustainable levels coupled to access to match day revenues is infinitely more palatable than a huge mortgage around the clubs neck. Does any one not think that SISU would not charge rent at the mortgage able rate plus a management fee for letting the club play in this new stadium. Their would be a SISU added tax on everything purchased in the ground with a minimum going back into the club, we are owned by a vampire company that will continue to bleed us dry until their is nothing left. When will people wake up and stop blaming the Higgs or the Council, SISU have bought everything upon themselves. Until these leaches leave then we will continue to fall at every hurdle, sell the odd gem of a youth player and put out a product on the pitch that will consistently tread water.

But it doesn't work does it? We've continued to lose money, continued to have to sell our best players to help fund losses, continued to lose supporters, continue to lose more revenue, and the spiral goes on.

In league one and two, a rent only deal could just about work. In the championship we will have one of the lowest 3-4 turnovers in the league despite have better attendances than half the other teams (see the relegation season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Flying Fokker

SISU thought they could get everything by screwing ACL. They could have been raking in millions through player sales and Premiership payoffs. But no, they didn't. I wonder if they have the balls to go for it now? Their strategy was a pointless waste of money, fan revenue the club's proud history.

Senior Vick from Alicante

More supporters in the ground means more matchday revenue. It also equals better sponsorship deals and the ability to sell more merchandise, the higher up the league pyramid you go the more money you have access to. You will never get that whilst the team is continually chopped up and sold on and replaced with loans and journeymen. Swansea city seem to be doing very well out of their rental deal, the reason our deal doesn't work is the owners are blinded to the facts of what they have to do to achieve success, how can a car dealership succeed as a business if it only sells £500 snotters. It cant because their is not enough turnover in just selling £500 snotters, its the same for the club, you play shit football you get shit crowds and this means we get shit players and poor income. Would you by a Ferrari that was badged as a Rover, that's what their doing with our training shirts. The income will only improve with the product, you have to invest to make the product more saleable.

stupot07

More supporters in the ground means more matchday revenue. It also equals better sponsorship deals and the ability to sell more merchandise, the higher up the league pyramid you go the more money you have access to. You will never get that whilst the team is continually chopped up and sold on and replaced with loans and journeymen. Swansea city seem to be doing very well out of their rental deal, the reason our deal doesn't work is the owners are blinded to the facts of what they have to do to achieve success, how can a car dealership succeed as a business if it only sells £500 snotters. It cant because their is not enough turnover in just selling £500 snotters, its the same for the club, you play shit football you get shit crowds and this means we get shit players and poor income. Would you by a Ferrari that was badged as a Rover, that's what their doing with our training shirts. The income will only improve with the product, you have to invest to make the product more saleable.

Swansea own 33% their stadium. They are not on a matchday only rent only deal.

Wheelfass

"Our ultimate goal is to return CCFC to the Premier League but we can only do this if we own our own stadium, allowing us to access 100% of our revenues. In the near future, we will be able to give our fans more details of our plans and tell you where the new stadium will be"

If they build a new stadium outside of the city boundary thousands will not attend, so what would 100% of not many be? They have shot themselves in the foot and will limp about getting slower until they fall and die. We need to be taken over PDQ and I think the only chance we have is for Wasps to step in. I know it wouldn't be a popular choice for lots of fans but I just can't see another way out of this SISU hell and torture. What a bunch of lying bast###s they are.

letsallsingtogether

I think we need to really try and get the best rent deal going so staying at the Ricoh can work, with a partnership to maybe be in the offering further down the line.

Instead of trying to raise £20m to build a new stadium out in the sticks, why don't we try and raise the money to buy a half share or percentage from Wasps?

I get the 'must own, own stadium, 100% of the revenues' blah, blah blah, but the fact is, if we build a new stadium outside of Coventry we are going to probably lose thousands of fans anyway. Then you ask the question, 100% revenue of what? How much would that be on much reduced attendances etc?

We need to make this rental deal work and impress on Wasps that they need us there and they are going to struggle without us.

20 million?
Fc united have paid 30 million so far for there new stadium and have had to stop before it is finished due to lack of funds.
They are only building a ground yet sisu want the whole hog for that conference facilities training camp retail. I can't see how they are going to get it?
Plus the more you wait t the dearer it gets, or are they going to wait for the next recession when all is cheaper?
Can see it being minimum of 40 million then will we still be cash flow positive?

Otis

I don't want a new stadium, but we do need access to matchday and additional revenue to progress. We've been treading water before sinking whilst we've been at the Ricoh. A rental deal only is no good to us and is just more of the same.

I really don't know what the answer is. Basically nothing's changed short term, but now we're very likely fooked in the medium to long term future.

I agree.

Don't know how everyone else feels, but I have always gone up and will continue to go up the Ricoh if we get relegated and then get relegated again and keep losing every week.

We move 8 or 9 miles away though and I will stop going, win lose or draw. I'm sure there are many, many City fans who think likewise.

torchomatic

Maybe there are. Personally, whether it's one, five or ten miles away I will continue to support the team as I always have.

I agree.

Don't know how everyone else feels, but I have always gone up and will continue to go up the Ricoh if we get relegated and then get relegated again and keep losing every week.

We move 8 or 9 miles away though and I will stop going, win lose or draw. I'm sure there are many, many City fans who think likewise.

Grendel

I agree.

I will still go no question now.

Otis

Maybe there are. Personally, whether it's one, five or ten miles away I will continue to support the team as I always have.

But Torch, you don't live in Coventry do you. Completely different kettle of fish.

I was born here and have lived and stayed here my whole life. The impact on City moving away will have a much bigger effect on me than it will on you I would imagine

If I lived in say Leamington or Warwick or Stratford it wouldn't bother me to anything like the same degree, even though of course I would still want the team in Coventry.

For City fans born here and who have always lived here the impact is going to be so much greater.

Paxman II

I suspect the next issue regarding a new stadium will be whether the council could reasonably refuse planning consent within the City boundary given that they have now effectively sold the Ricoh to a Rugby club and in doing so inadvertently left the cities football club without a home ground within the city?

The rights and wrongs of whether SISU owned companies would commission such a stadium to be built is debateable but I do believe very feasible. After all SISU will not be putting a penny into it. Various investments and loans could be structured and if the land around the proposed site can be built on commercially as well then they would have a far better situation going forward than simply renting the pitch at the Ricoh.

On the point Otis makes regarding distance to support your club? I don't believe anywhere in or around the boundary of Coventry would make a heap of difference and most will go. Some people come miles from the other side of Coventry as it is, to get to the Ricoh, some live closer than they did when they were at Highfield Rd. Fans travel hundreds of miles to away games. The speedway team never had a problem in all it's years at Brandon? I think this argument is a moot point.

Nick

Administrator
But Torch, you don't live in Coventry do you. Completely different kettle of fish.

I was born here and have lived and stayed here my whole life. The impact on City moving away will have a much bigger effect on me than it will on you I would imagine

If I lived in say Leamington or Warwick or Stratford it wouldn't bother me to anything like the same degree, even though of course I would still want the team in Coventry.

For City fans born here and who have always lived here the impact is going to be so much greater.

Surely it depends where it is though? Would have to see where before judging for me. One yard inside or one yard outside doesn't really make that much difference.

Noggin

I suspect the next issue regarding a new stadium will be whether the council could reasonably refuse planning consent within the City boundary given that they have now effectively sold the Ricoh to a Rugby club and in doing so inadvertently left the cities football club without a home ground within the city?

The rights and wrongs of whether SISU owned companies would commission such a stadium to be built is debateable but I do believe very feasible. After all SISU will not be putting a penny into it. Various investments and loans could be structured and if the land around the proposed site can be built on commercially as well then they would have a far better situation going forward than simply renting the pitch at the Ricoh.

On the point Otis makes regarding distance to support your club? I don't believe anywhere in or around the boundary of Coventry would make a heap of difference and most will go. Some people come miles from the other side of Coventry as it is, to get to the Ricoh, some live closer than they did when they were at Highfield Rd. Fans travel hundreds of miles to away games. The speedway team never had a problem in all it's years at Brandon? I think this argument is a moot point.

if spending tens of millions building a new stadium was in anyway financially viable and coventry council refused planning permisson we should all kick up a stink, but since we all know and have always known that building a new stadium isn't in anyway financially viable it's really never going to be an issue. If they really did have the money to spend to build a new stadium they should have brought the Ricoh, they could have offered double what Wasps did and they would still be getting significantly more for significantly less money than building a new one and it would be ready right away not possibly maybe perhaps almost certainly not though in 4 years. The whole thing is bollocks, it's always been bollocks.

RoboCCFC90

Well let's be honest we all knew this was coming..

I hope CCFC can now move on and attempt to build a new stadium, I am still to be convinced like many others, but if we can get land for a Stadium then that's a start.

People have to move on from blaming the Club/Sisu for the lack of purchase of the shares, this whole situation proves that all parties have been shocking from the get-go.

With respect to the Wasps and the Ricoh, let them have the place and we can make use of the Arena for the next 3 and a half seasons..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

if spending tens of millions building a new stadium was in anyway financially viable and coventry council refused planning permisson we should all kick up a stink, but since we all know and have always known that building a new stadium isn't in anyway financially viable it's really never going to be an issue. If they really did have the money to spend to build a new stadium they should have brought the Ricoh, they could have offered double what Wasps did and they would still be getting significantly more for significantly less money than building a new one and it would be ready right away not possibly maybe perhaps almost certainly not though in 4 years. The whole thing is bollocks, it's always been bollocks.

SISU will only build a stadium if someone else pays for it.

ecky

Our ultimate goal is to return CCFC to the Premier League but we can only do this if we own our own stadium, allowing us to access 100% of our revenues. In the near future, we will be able to give our fans more details of our plans and tell you where the new stadium will be.

TOTAL BOLLOCKS!!!!

ccfcway

How do you know Wasps are competent business people? It's just another hedge fund. .

1) they have done what SISU didnt, secured the Ricoh
2) the website looks great
3) Do all the business in private
4) working with Higgs as opposed to against them

over that, i dont....but proof is in the pudding

RoboCCFC90

Our ultimate goal is to return CCFC to the Premier League but we can only do this if we own our own stadium, allowing us to access 100% of our revenues. In the near future, we will be able to give our fans more details of our plans and tell you where the new stadium will be.

TOTAL BOLLOCKS!!!!

If it's there long term ambition I am all for it, of course there is a lot of actions to be put forward before that ambition can be realised.

kmj5000

SiSU had the cance to buy the 50% share years ago but blew it, thinking that they could get the whole of the Ricoh for a song.

It has all backfired badly for them but then, when the opportunity arises again, they put in an offer to buy a share with a promise to promote local community development - but, at the same time, the fuckwits say they will still be building a new stadium in 4 years elsewhere!

FFS, how can they wonder why the offer was rejected? It's beyond comprehension, don't you think?

Brighton Sky Blue

The Northampton move annoyed me just as much as it will have annoyed yourself and I've lived nowhere near Coventry for over 6 years now. I would agree though, if any new ground wasn't within what could reasonably be called the city it wouldn't feel right.

quinn1971

TOTAL BOLLOCKS!!!!

in four years time we won't need a new stadium, there won't be a club left, we can't survive playing at the ricoh infront of 5000-8000 crowds, they couldn't afford to stay at sixfields for more than one season,no chance keeping the club going for another four years,

Paxman II

SiSU had the cance to buy the 50% share years ago but blew it, thinking that they could get the whole of the Ricoh for a song.

It has all backfired badly for them but then, when the opportunity arises again, they put in an offer to buy a share with a promise to promote local community development - but, at the same time, the fuckwits say they will still be building a new stadium in 4 years elsewhere!

FFS, how can they wonder why the offer was rejected? It's beyond comprehension, don't you think?

The shares back then you speak of were not the same.
Wasp have purchased we are led to believe a new 250 year lease with rental deal from CCC. Not what SISU wanted, they want to 'own' the stadium freehold and all that goes with that.

I agree short term renting the Ricoh on a 250 year lease seems sensible enough if the rental is peppercorn in size and the rights of reassigning were included. But we don't know the extent of the detail do we?

It's curious though is it not to see one side be as dastardly as possible and the other matching them with what seems flagrant abuse of power in selling off the Cities asset to an outside sporting club of which there is already one in town while dumping on the football club at the same time? Dumping on SISU may be understandable but the football club which will have many owners over the next 250 years?
To add insult to injury they did so to another Hedge Fund!

You couldn't make it up!

Mr Creosote

So when are CCFC going to start a new injunction? Surely this is the only card they have left to play?

Of course I forgot, Tim is going to build a new stadium as well :p

RoboCCFC90

in four years time we won't need a new stadium, there won't be a club left, we can't survive playing at the ricoh infront of 5000-8000 crowds, they couldn't afford to stay at sixfields for more than one season,no chance keeping the club going for another four years,

Maybe the 10,000 or so people who signed the Telegraph's pull out for the Club to return home to the Ricoh should pull their finger out there ass and get down to support the team then?

Users who are viewing this thread