CCFC statement (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

Is it possible the last 20 years have been as good as it gets with City?.

We should be championship with flirting with prem.

Lower than championship is a failure for a club / city of our size

RoboCCFC90

It's impossible with the current revenue stream, yes you can blame the owners for it, but never owning our own stadium is the major issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

How can we when we're lacking revenue.

I know I keep banging on about it, but our last season in the championship (c15.5k) our turnover (c£10.5m) was in the bottom 3-4 in the league despite better attendances than 9-10 other teams

And I know turnover and wages are two difference things but the three promoted sides - reading, Southampton and west ham all had wage bills circa x3 our entire turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covmark

Now now Tony, there are more Tony's on this forum than just you....or are you admitting it was you who got your 'chap' out every time PWKH posted? ;)
Ha, beat me to it. He obviously knew which Tony I was talking about.

SkyblueBazza

"The liquidator has declined our request, in the interests of transparency, to publish the full details of the offer."
That probably means some clause or other that was a step too far. SISUs problem is that it is really ALL about money. So their thought would be to bid the same or a little bit higher...but ask for something that added value beyond what might be considered reasonable. Hence the liquidator doesn't want the transparency (& maybe SISU don't really either?)

PUSB

skybluetony176

Now now Tony, there are more Tony's on this forum than just you....or are you admitting it was you who got your 'chap' out every time PWKH posted? ;)

To be fair, I don't need much of an excuse to get the wee fella out but not for the suggested reason hence the "fantasize" comment to the OP. It's his fantasy not mine ;)

TheRoyalScam

Sorry where the details of the Wasps bid?
I do believe they have asked the details of their bid not to be released to the press, so how do you know it was unconditional?
Well unless you are guessing :whistle:

I'm not guessing - Higgs Clerk Peter KBH has stated that the Wasps bid was unconditional, while the Otium/SISU/CCFC Ltd (in liquidation)/Appleton bid was conditional (quelle surprise!) and therefore unacceptable to Higgs directors.

TheRoyalScam

Surprise surprise. The Royal Sham appears to defend his mates. What ever happened to PWKH?

I think he achieved his goals on here and then left. To be fair he didn't have to try to hard. Most swallowed every word he said.

Let's hope PWKH doesn't return. We'd only have the likes of Tony and Italia falling over themselves, dicks in hand, seeing who can give him the most 'likes'.

Looks like I've rattled a few cages;)

For the record I've never been away - kept up with all the posts, but just didn't really have much to add to the depressing saga of CCFC...

....and for the record I have no allegiance to Higgs or CCCouncil or ACL - I'm only interested in the truth.

Never mind though - Tim says the new stadium location will be announced 'in the near future'.....so everything's alright then - no need to panic:)

Otis

Surely it depends where it is though? Would have to see where before judging for me. One yard inside or one yard outside doesn't really make that much difference.

No I agree.

That wouldn't bother me. I'm not one of these boundary people, I am talking if it in terms of being several miles away. That is likely I would have thought.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No I agree.

That wouldn't bother me. I'm not one of these boundary people, I am talking if it in terms of being several miles away. That is likely I would have thought.
Miles away from where though? The city centre?

Otis

Miles away from where though? The city centre?

It's not about the city centre. Not for me anyway. But if we are in Nuneaton, or Rugby, or Leamington or Warwick, then it will no longer feel like Coventry City FC for me.

I'm not bothered with just outside. I am extremely bothered if it is another town or much nearer to another town than it is to Coventry.

theferret

It's not about the city centre. Not for me anyway. But if we are in Nuneaton, or Rugby, or Leamington or Warwick, then it will no longer feel like Coventry City FC for me.

I'm not bothered with just outside. I am extremely bothered if it is another town or much nearer to another town than it is to Coventry.

And I think most people are going to have to come around to this idea. Much as I'd love a ground in or close to the city centre, it isn't likely to happen. If it's marginally over the boundary but still part of the Coventry conurbation then it'll have to do. It is perfectly possible to be over the boundary and yet closer to the city centre than the Ricoh is (boundaries are completely artificial anyway, imaginary lines in the sand, and change over time). Some people won't have it, but they, it's that or nothing. But yes, miles from the city boundary and it becomes a big problem.

Hobo

Bang on Otis, it's not about being outside the city, it's about being inside another city or town.

Otis

And I think most people are going to have to come around to this idea. Much as I'd love a ground in or close to the city centre, it isn't likely to happen. If it's marginally over the boundary but still part of the Coventry conurbation then it'll have to do. It is perfectly possible to be over the boundary and yet closer to the city centre than the Ricoh is (boundaries are completely artificial anyway, imaginary lines in the sand, and change over time). Some people won't have it, but they, it's that or nothing. But yes, miles from the city boundary and it becomes a big problem.

That's exactly where I am.

Don't buy into this 'having to be within the city boundaries or I won't go.' To me that is just a nonsense. A couple of miles or so wouldn't bother me, but if it were much closer to another town that would be where I have a big problem.

RegTheDonk

I think we need to really try and get the best rent deal going so staying at the Ricoh can work, with a partnership to maybe be in the offering further down the line.

Instead of trying to raise £20m to build a new stadium out in the sticks, why don't we try and raise the money to buy a half share or percentage from Wasps?

I get the 'must own, own stadium, 100% of the revenues' blah, blah blah, but the fact is, if we build a new stadium outside of Coventry we are going to probably lose thousands of fans anyway. Then you ask the question, 100% revenue of what? How much would that be on much reduced attendances etc?

We need to make this rental deal work and impress on Wasps that they need us there and they are going to struggle without us.

I think this is the only way forward at the moment, unless there's some magical windfall or someone gifts Otium the money to build the thing.

I guess if we scrape around for four years, providing we don't go under by then, WASPS will know weather this re-location has been worth it. Perhaps by then they will be relying on the club's rental - or maybe CCFC can strike a better deal for revenues, maybe yes even some part ownership. Its far too early for to know how WASPS will react and you can't really blame them at this point for taking the whole shebang on if they can afford it.

Yet again we are in limbo.

Astute

People have to move on from blaming the Club/Sisu for the lack of purchase of the shares, this whole situation proves that all parties have been shocking from the get-go.

I don't blame our club. But you can't expect me to stop blaming SISU. If I did I would have to also stop blaming CCC, Higgs, Richardson, Ann the Cov fan :facepalm:.........

We are now past the time to blame everyone and think of nothing else. We will need to get behind SISU in any way we can help. I totally dislike SISU and what they have done to our club. But we need to do what is best for our club. No fucker involved in this travesty has so far. And if it means backing SISU then so be it. The future of our club is at stake. you don't have to love Fisher and Joy to give your support to them.

And Otis, I would have agreed that outside Coventry was too far away. But as long as a new stadium is as close as they can get then that will have to do. We have gone past the stage of nitpicking. The Ricoh as a permanent home has gone. And yes I was Coventry born and dragged up. Spent a few years in Funeaton, but we all have our sins.

Saying that I don't think they will build a stadium. It just don't make any sense. But there again what have they ever done that makes sense?

Otis

I think this is the only way forward at the moment, unless there's some magical windfall or someone gifts Otium the money to build the thing.

I guess if we scrape around for four years, providing we don't go under by then, WASPS will know weather this re-location has been worth it. Perhaps by then they will be relying on the club's rental - or maybe CCFC can strike a better deal for revenues, maybe yes even some part ownership. Its far too early for to know how WASPS will react and you can't really blame them at this point for taking the whole shebang on if they can afford it.

Yet again we are in limbo.

So they have announced the location for the new stadium then?

theferret

I don't blame our club. But you can't expect me to stop blaming SISU. If I did I would have to also stop blaming CCC, Higgs, Richardson, Ann the Cov fan :facepalm:.........

We are now past the time to blame everyone and think of nothing else. We will need to get behind SISU in any way we can help. I totally dislike SISU and what they have done to our club. But we need to do what is best for our club. No fucker involved in this travesty has so far. And if it means backing SISU then so be it. The future of our club is at stake. you don't have to love Fisher and Joy to give your support to them.

And Otis, I would have agreed that outside Coventry was too far away. But as long as a new stadium is as close as they can get then that will have to do. We have gone past the stage of nitpicking. The Ricoh as a permanent home has gone. And yes I was Coventry born and dragged up. Spent a few years in Funeaton, but we all have our sins.

Saying that I don't think they will build a stadium. It just don't make any sense. But there again what have they ever done that makes sense?

I was with you up to the bit about a new stadium not making sense. It's about the only thing that does make sense at the moment.

RoboCCFC90

I concur, the ship has sailed now in respect to the Ricoh, we bid for the Higgs share of ACL, for whatever reason it wasn't accepted, people will speculate as to why this is.. Now we must move on.

Otis

No, it doesn't make sense. You will be looking at 5-6 years, increased financial burden and very little hope of it being what we would all want it to be.

With the increased debt and time involved I wouldn't be surprised to see us in the lower reaches of League 2 by then and playing to less than 5,000 fans.

It makes no sense whatsoever. We need to work with what we've got, as hard as that may be. I can only see some sort of partnership with Wasps down the line as being the answer here.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

I have just been privy to the first view of our new stadium, I now hope all the speculation of will they or won't they will now stop.
Thanks to a Cov poster on the FGG site ,sorry i pinched it

image.jpg T

Last edited:

torchomatic

Agree with all that apart from the new stadium. I think it is our only hope.

theferret

No, it doesn't make sense. You will be looking at 5-6 years, increased financial burden and very little hope of it being what we would all want it to be.

With the increased debt and time involved I wouldn't be surprised to see us in the lowere reaches of League 2 by then and playing to less than 5,000 fans.

It makes no sense whatsoever. We need to work with what we've got, as hard as that may be. I can only see some sort of partnership with Wasps down the line as being the answer here.

We haven't 'got' anything Otis. I've never heard anyone claim that renting a house is better than buying one - yes I know those sort of analogies do not always work, but providing it is financed properly, it makes perfect sense for us to secure our long term future with a home of our own. It wouldn't just be a place to play, it would be an asset, it would have value and would be a source of revenue at the same time.

A long term future at the Ricoh is unthinkable and condemns us to permanency in the bottom two divisions, because as we have already seen, we are not sustainable as a club playing at a higher level, even with 20K+ gates . A new stadium is an absolute must.

Otis

Maybe it's me, but I can't see any hope in building a project that is just going to alienate quite a few more City fans and have them probably leave the club behind forever.

I know I am being cynical, but I still simply do not believe a word of it. It makes no sense to me at all. This is Sisu we are talking about here. This is against everything they stand for. This will make a much longer investment than is humanly possible for them. You are looking at at least a further 10 year commitment to this football club.

They may say they want another stadium, but I just don't buy it. I really don't.

Rusty Trombone

We haven't 'got' anything Otis. I've never heard anyone claim that renting a house is better than buying one - yes I know those sort of analogies do not always work, but providing it is financed properly, it makes perfect sense for us to secure our long term future with a home of our own. It wouldn't just be a place to play, it would be an asset, it would have value and would be a source of revenue at the same time.

A long term future at the Ricoh is unthinkable and condemns us to permanency in the bottom two divisions, because as we have already seen, we are not sustainable as a club playing at a higher level, even with 20K+ gates . A new stadium is an absolute must.

Renting is better than buying if you don't have enough money to buy or build. Financing a new stadium does not stack up.

Astute

Sorry I never meant it never meant sense to our club or us. I meant it doesn't make sense to SISU to build a stadium.

Didn't Northampton spend about 10m on one stand and run out of money? They already had the land. We need to go from nothing to a full build. We would need to buy the land to start with. It would cost SISU more than they think. How would they get the money back? They have already lost enough without risking much more. Have they got access to many more millions? Our club wouldn't suddenly be worth 30m if they spent 30m on a new stadium.

theferret

Renting is better than buying if you don't have enough money to buy or build. Financing a new stadium does not stack up.

So you bought a house cash? Nobody has 'enough' money to buy a house. They borrow it. Virtually every new stadium built in recent years has been mortgaged in some form or another.

Otis

Totally agree.

What we have got is a rental agreement. If that means us hanging around the lower reaches of League 2 then so be it.

I would much rather that than us playing in say Nuneaton or Rugby. A Coventry team playing in Coventry has to be the very essence of what we want as football supporters of this club isn't it?

A Coventry team playing in Coventry. At the moment we have that.

I wait with baited breath for this statement of where the new ground is supposedly going to be.

theferret

Totally agree.

What we have got is a rental agreement. If that means us hanging around the lower reaches of League 2 then so be it.

I would much rather that than us playing in say Nuneaton or Rugby. A Coventry team playing in Coventry has to be the very essence of what we want as football supporters of this club isn't it?

I wait with baited breath for this statement of where the new ground is supposedly going to be.

Speak for yourself.

Rusty Trombone

So you bought a house cash? Nobody has 'enough' money to buy a house. They borrow it. Virtually every new stadium built in recent years has been mortgaged in some form or another.

Have you worked out the interest on the cost of building a stadium and buying land, it's makes a rent of £1.3m look cheap.

Grendel

Totally agree.

Sorry I wouldn't -- moving out of the Ricoh and ownership now is the priority.

Steve.B50

Maybe the 10,000 or so people who signed the Telegraph's pull out for the Club to return home to the Ricoh should pull their finger out there ass and get down to support the team then?

Must agree with thus statement 100%

Users who are viewing this thread