CCFC sign Jacob Murphy (3 Viewers)

ccfclinney

Yeah I agree with the above some of his passing was good. But at a time we needed him to work hard he didn't and looked very lost on what to do and who he was marking got turned very easy also. I seen ricketts have a right go at him at one point !!

covcity4life

He's still getting to grips with hoe we play. He's had 1 training session

Yeh he didn't have same work ethic ut important to remmeber he helped get 4th goal vs Millwall a d tonight he nearly scored and laid on 3 brilliant would be assists

He will be great for us imo. A real assist machine

covcity4life

really liking this kid at mo

1 goal(walsall) and 4 assists? (millwall-debatable,burton x2,southend x1)

and could easily have had more with millwall 6 yard cbox cross and crewe keepers wonder save on stokes.

can fire in a cross or get a decent shot off, kid has it all, noticed he is working harder for team in defensive capacity too.

keep it up fella!

BlueElephant

I think TM hit the nail on the head saying he's an introverted type of character, could tell from his first couple of games he was hesitant to really get stuck in but I believe we seeing this guy blossom with every game. He will seriously be the difference between winning and losing/drawing on his day.

covcity4life

I think TM hit the nail on the head saying he's an introverted type of character, could tell from his first couple of games he was hesitant to really get stuck in but I believe we seeing this guy blossom with every game. He will seriously be the difference between winning and losing/drawing on his day.

yup, if you think about it he makes the difference in every game he has played for us bar crewe,and evem then he nearly set up stokes and also had a last min shot saved.

its nice to love(ooo errr) some of the players again,exciting times to be a city fan

sw88

Chief Commentator!
if only his bro wasnt on loana t mk dons, we could have double impact JCVD style!

Has any team ever had two lots of twins play for them? Imagine him, his brother and both the Kelly-Evans brother all on the same pitch! Be one for the end of the season when your season is already decided, just to get in the record books :)

kg82

Has any team ever had two lots of twins play for them? Imagine him, his brother and both the Kelly-Evans brother all on the same pitch! Be one for the end of the season when your season is already decided, just to get in the record books :)

Could also have them in the crowd and if one gets an injury...

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

His first touch is that bad it's a godsend for him it allows him to get out the blocks quicker as he loses control and off he goes with his pace running onto it!

Like Leon McKenzie all over, never really in control of it just head down goes works a treat at this level as the chaos and back tracking defenders really struggle to know how to stop him!

stupot07

Agree with you there ISSS, was thinking the same yesterday, he even gets the lucky ricochet's off shit shins like Mckenzie did too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Agree with you there ISSS, was thinking the same yesterday, he even gets the lucky ricochet's off shit shins like Mckenzie did too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The counter from the burge punch being the prime example pinged off shins and fell for JM!

You can't defend against someone that simply doesn't have a clue what he's doing himself! Long may it continue.

(Lacks intelligence though again could haven ran the clock out towards the corner but went for goal lost it and they broke but I'm nit picking now!)

Terry Gibson's perm

He is so quick that yesterday he could go past the full back at will but if he had all of the other bits like control and intelligence we wouldn't be watching him as would be playing at Norwich, Armstrong doesn't have the best control either?

skybluepm2

He was man of the match for me yesterday. He can change defense into attack in the blink of an eye. Watched the highlights back and this morning and he was at the heart of everything, particularly in the second half. He will have his off days but I would put money on him performing like yesterday more often than not. Superb signing by TM and MV.

Malaka

It was first time up the ricoh this season, what a difference! Murphy was superb, Reda was immense and I was impressed with Armstrong, with a bit more experience he will get shed loads of goals. Murphy was definitely the man of the match, I love a good winger, he will make all the difference this season.

covcity4life

murphy has ebst game of season and people wanna take piss out of his first touch hummmmmmmmm

cracking player and yet ANOTHER assist for him

stevefloyd

his 1st couple of games he looked off the pace but with confidence and fitness improving he is looking very good now ...Me well I am happy and not one of the 7 dwarfs happy just happy again to be a sky blues fan once again :)

SlowerThanPlatt

He's here for the season too. He's obviously going to be inconsistent like most young players but he was class on Saturday and the Chesterfield defence couldn't handle him. I also noticed he was actually getting back and helping defend on his side which is what he wasn't doing in the previous games.

Terry Gibson's perm

his 1st couple of games he looked off the pace but with confidence and fitness improving he is looking very good now ...Me well I am happy and not one of the 7 dwarfs happy just happy again to be a sky blues fan once again :)

Confidence player and and strikes me as one who wants to be loved by the fans.

rd45

He was getting a lot of love in the second half when he came up to take those corners. Standing ovation, couple of times IIRC.

He was getting a lot of love in the second half when he came up to take those corners. Standing ovation, couple of times IIRC.

Every time he got the ball down that left side he took the piss out of the defenders ,great stuff, deserved those standing ovations.

rupert_bear

IF we got taken over by some moneybags Arab, Russian oil tycoon or whatever Murphy is the one of the loanees I would pay mega cash for first, apparently his twin is better, a right winger, I'd buy him too

lifeskyblue

Yes a real positive mood amongst fans when they see players like Murphy try and entertain. He deserved the ovation as does the rest of the team and TM. Interesting post match listening to TM re Murphy after last week and the player on the manager. TM able to bring out the best in players after a poor game the previous week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LastGarrison

He had a good game (Fleck still MOM for me) but with better decision making he could have had an outstanding game and we would have easily ran out 4 or 5 nil winners.

Chose the wrong option a good few times but hopefully Mowbray will get hold of him on the training ground and help him progress his game.

Had to laugh at some numpty sat by me who spent the whole game slagging him off and calling him shit but then in the second half when he came over for the corners he was up on his feet clapping him like a climaxing sea lion!!!

covcity4life

hes got a great long ranger on him tbf so even if they dont always come off im not sure its always a poor decision to have tried it when they dont

curly_tom

I thought he was really good on Saturday. I agree about the decision making though, he frustrated me a bit when he either shot instead of passing or vise-versa. He's only 18 though so we need to cut him some slack. He's definitely an exciting player and gets the fans on their feet...

Users who are viewing this thread