CCFC sign Jacob Murphy (1 Viewer)

armybike

The Sky Blues have added to their forward line with the Canaries forward joining the club on loan for the 2015/16 season...
Coventry City have signed Norwich City forward Jacob Murphy on a season-long loan deal.

The Sky Blues have snapped up the 20-year old forward, who can also play on the wings, for the duration of the 2015/16 League One campaign.

Murphy progressed through the Canaries Academy where he helped Norwich City win the FA Youth Cup in the 2012/13 season.

shmmeee

Only 5'9 according to Wikipedia, but Mogga says he has pace. Will be interesting to see him and Armstrong together if that's the case. Looks like we'll be all about the quick breaks and balls in behind the defence this season.

4 in 11 for Colchester second half of last year, that's a decent return, and he'll only get better. Decent signing I reckon.

J

Jack Griffin

Notice the policy change, these loanees are mostly for the entire season, there won't be a need to replace them all at Xmas per last season's fucked up policy.

Pity Armstrong is only 6 months, but that may well be down to Newcastle..

News Listing
14 Aug 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City have snapped up Norwich City forward Jacob Murphy on a season-long loan deal
The Sky Blues have added to their forward line with the Canaries forward joining the club on loan for the 2015/16 season...

06 Aug 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City snap up Middlesbrough midfielder Bryn Morris on a season-long loan deal
The 19-year old midfielder signs up with the Sky Blues for the entire 2015/16 League One season...

28 Jul 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City sign Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong on a six-month loan deal
The 18-year old joins the Sky Blues ahead of the 2015/16 season to bolster Tony Mowbray's forward line...

24 Jul 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City sign Ruben Lameiras on a two-year deal following a successful trial
The Sky Blues have snapped up the former Tottenham Hotspur man after impressing the City management staff...

10 Jul 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City agree one-year deal with defender Reda Johnson
City manager Tony Mowbray wants to see Johnson make more appearances next season as "a crucial part of our plans"...

08 Jul 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City sign Leyton Orient midfielder Romain Vincelot for an undisclosed fee
The Sky Blues snap up the Orient midfielder for an undisclosed fee as Vincelot becomes the third signing of the summer...
"When I heard of Coventry City's interest, I didn't want to go anywhere else. I've got to repay the faith." Romain Vincelot

06 Jul 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City have signed defender Sam Ricketts on a one-year deal
The 33-year old defender can play across the backline and signs a one-year deal with the Sky Blues...
"I joined here for one big reason, promotion. That's our aim." Coventry City's Sam Ricketts

03 Jul 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City midfielder Ivor Lawton has signed a new one-year deal at the club
The 19-year old Academy graduate has earned a one-year deal at the club for his 'passion and commitment'...

30 Jun 2015
"Promotion has to be the aim under Tony Mowbray, I'm delighted to get the deal done." Coventry City's Chris Stokes
Stokes, who has agreed to sign a one-year deal, wants to improve his own game under Mowbray while aiming for the Championship...

23 Jun 2015
SIGNING: Coventry City striker Marcus Tudgay agrees a new one-year deal with the Sky Blues
City manager Tony Mowbray hopes to see Tudgay push for a starting spot with the Sky Blues next season...

CovisGod

I live close to Norwich so just did a Facebook "what's he like" to my Norwich supporting mates,

biggest mention seems to be his speed "He's like bloody lightning" was one of the comments.

anyone know if he can play tomorrow ?

edit - another reply -

"People are dubbing him the next sterling, dunno if that's a good thing, saw him play in the derby vs Ipswich last season. Good little player, eye for goal and can go past you like you're not even there."

Last edited:

armybike

anyone know if he can play tomorrow ?

They're still waiting confirmation from Football League according to a Tweet by Kieran Crowley.

Chipfat

I like this signing, if he settles chance to be a fans favourite,, pace and ability to take people on is always a good mix,, more strength in the squad.. Him, Maddison, RL and Armstrong should definitely entertain, get a Clarke type now and the squad looks like it could push on...

chiefdave

Having never heard of him until a few minutes ago I have no idea if its a good signing or not but the comments from Norwich are encouraging. TM does seem to be bringing in better quality signings than we've had recently, hope I'm still thinking the same in a few months!

D

Deleted member 4439

Quick review of the Norwich boards seems to suggest that he's had less exposure to the first team than his twin, josh, but he's a more of a team player - more readily willing to 'mix it up' - and that he's bulked up more than his twin over the pre-season.

FRY-CCFC

Norwich fan view:

Always seemed to be below his twin in the pecking order but seemed to overtake him in pre season. Very highly rated round these parts. Quick with plenty of tricks. Plays predominantly on the right (as opposed to his twin who plays on the left) but can play through the centre as well. Certainly should do well for you if his attitude is right.

letsallsingtogether

Hope he's as good as their last flyer......

The One and Only Darren Huckerby:D

lifeskyblue

Yes I believe he is. I would expect him to start on the bench and make his entrance sometime in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good player. Saw him play quite a few times at Blackpool and stood out as very skillful, quick and can take great free kicks around the box.

TakeMeHome

Looked very Nervy and didn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the team tonight. Won't get on his back too much as he needs more time to train with the team but seemed to struggle with the basics tonight.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Looked very Nervy and didn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the team tonight. Won't get on his back too much as he needs more time to train with the team but seemed to struggle with the basics tonight.

think once his match fit he will fit in you could see flashes of what he is capable of when he had it in the final 3rd but his chasing down did look a few weeks behind the others thou.

Users who are viewing this thread