CCFC 20/21 fixtures released tomorrow (1 Viewer)

the rumpo kid

A lot of games I was hoping to get to (if restrictions allow) now mid week so won't get to anyway , bit frustrating , but we have a good team that will only get better so nothing to be frightened of , anywhere from 4th bottom to mid table has got to be a success, anything above that would be out of this world, bring um on!

Sky Blue Harry H

As Sheff Wed start on minus 12, I had a glance at their fixtures. Cardiff a, Watford h, Bristol City a, QPR H. Sticky start for them, happily.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

'big boys'- I don't get it, its like we have been told we have to play Bayern, Real, Liverpool & Man City, these Championship sides are not names to strike fear into us? We belong here, we walked League One which had some teams as big/bigger than any of these, please don't say we've already adopted this kind of mentality. If we aren't looking forward to this with optimism then we may as well pack it in. Can't wait to get stuck into them.
We’re arguably Bigger than some of these teams

cooperskyblue

Bring it on I say. We want to be in the Championship having big games every week and we have it. So I'm not going to feel scared bring it on. We are a good team play a great brand of football. Each game feels a lot more 50/50 in terms of winning or losing wjereas in L1 I felt we were favourites for most games.
But this is where we want to be.

clint van damme

going to have to re-acclimatise to not expecting much from a lot of games as I've gone in to almost every game for the last 3 seasons expecting us to win.

clint van damme

A lot of games I was hoping to get to (if restrictions allow) now mid week so won't get to anyway , bit frustrating , but we have a good team that will only get better so nothing to be frightened of , anywhere from 4th bottom to mid table has got to be a success, anything above that would be out of this world, bring um on!

14 mid week games!

Ian1779

Let’s hope we can harness the winning mentality from the end of last season so we make a solid start. Will take a few games for teams to work us out too. Hopefully some of those teams that failed to get promoted will have a bit of a hangover to begin with.

Evo1883

Looking forward to Fleetwood away midweek... Oh wait
giphy.gif

Philosorapter

Yeah, football is back :D

Should be some good matches to watch.

Colin Steins Smile

In past few seasons we've started fairly solidly and then built momentum through the season. If we have a slow start, I hope the doom and gloom merchants don't raise their heads and start moaning.
Never mind NOPM....NMA [No moaning allowed], as we've got a young team that needs support...not critics.....that's MR's job....he'll do that for us.

skybluepm2

Hard to gauge how some of the opposing teams will be this year. Some of last season’s front runners may end up havIng a stinker, and on the flip side 1 or 2 of the so called poorer teams may end up surprising people.

Looking at the fixtures, it’s scary what a few years in League 1 and 2 does to your mentality. Looking at us playing against the likes of Derby and Brentford now seems a lot more daunting than it used to be, whereas I used to be of the opinion we should be sweeping them aside comfortably during most of our last stint in the Championship, certainly straight after coming down from the Prem anyway.

It’s just good to be back. I just hope we can stay there, consolidate and eventually progress back to the big time (although in reality probably a long way off). All need to stick together this season and remember where we’ve managed to get to against the odds.

shmmeee

I think we’ll start slowly and finish stronger regardless this year. Longer break will disadvantage us earlier and advantage is later I reckon, and Robins teams always start slowly.

Philosorapter

Am I right in saying that most, if not all, league games will be on Sky

Edit: Or a much bigger percentage?

shmmeee

What are people thinking is the best way to watch games before we’re allowed in? U.K. iFollow? Try a VPN again? Sky? A mix?

Fergusons_Beard

'big boys'- I don't get it, its like we have been told we have to play Bayern, Real, Liverpool & Man City, these Championship sides are not names to strike fear into us? We belong here, we walked League One which had some teams as big/bigger than any of these, please don't say we've already adopted this kind of mentality. If we aren't looking forward to this with optimism then we may as well pack it in. Can't wait to get stuck into them.

Big boys/proper teams.

No mention of being scared ROS just pleased to be playing in Bigger stadiums against teams with Bigger support than we have played against in the last 5 years.

Nothing wrong with enjoying that.

Nowt wrong with saying that QPR are bigger than Carlisle either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

In past few seasons we've started fairly solidly and then built momentum through the season. If we have a slow start, I hope the doom and gloom merchants don't raise their heads and start moaning.
Never mind NOPM....NMA [No moaning allowed], as we've got a young team that needs support...not critics.....that's MR's job....he'll do that for us.

I like that NMA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Tough season ahead and getting early momentum is important.

Do we go for it from the off or set up to be hard to beat? Personally I think certainly for the first 10 games we should go for it then reassess. No point worrying about other teams make them worry about us. No fear.

But as others have said isnt it good to be back amongst the bigger clubs 👍

PUSBs

EAst ender

It would be nice for us to be able to welcome you back to the Championship with a crowd in place but needs must I guess. Given the lack of football for some time and your relative ease of travel, we could have been looking at 25K for your visit.
I remember this day when we came up, pretty daunting isn't it?
Good luck for the season, apart from against us obviously, I'll be rooting for you as you're miles too big to be down in the pub league with the gas.
Everyone is just starting to sign players so I'll go for a narrow home win at the moment but that could well change.
Welcome back to the Championship sky blues, enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread