CCFC 20/21 fixtures released tomorrow (2 Viewers)

skybluesam66

We've got to sort out the recruitment, we can't be going into the PL with League 1 players and that useless lump Hilsner still in the squad.
I was actually thinking about our champions league campaign the following year

"Tricky group - but Messi and Ronaldo both past it now, so can see us taking 4 points off both Barca and juve"

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think the reality has sunken in for some. I'm sure it is going to be an exciting season, it is just so weird to see us against even QPR. Might sound like nothing but when you think usually some of the more village teams in the league consisted of FGR and Accrington it feels a bit mental!

Very much looking forward to the season, but I think you would have to be foolish not to think we will struggle without some more goals in the time. Fingers crossed Robins and the crew have a few decent signings still to be made. I don't actually think we are that far off at all, but a bit more attacking quality I think is essential.

covcity4life

It is scary to look at that fixture list but if we had seen it in march we wouldnt be so fearful as we were flying

Now we have lost Walsh andmccallum and friendly wasnt inspiring but things can change and put momentum back in our favour again

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We've got to sort out the recruitment, we can't be going into the PL with League 1 players and that useless lump Hilsner still in the squad.

Funnily enough, Mallorca just did that in the Spanish leagues. Came up from Segunda B (which is honestly like conference level) and were back in La Liga within 2 seasons. Got relegated straight away having used the majority of their squad from that uprising. It was bizarre to watch.

Their best player was probably Cucho Hernandez who was on loan from Watford. Amazingly they have just loaned him out to Getafe. Would have torn up this division.

Mr Panda

I never look forward to fixture day just because whatever league we're in my mind automatically zones in on the clusters of tough fixtures where I see us having a hard time.

Thing is with the Championship is that there are daunting teams with crazy wage budgets like Derby who could easily have a mediocre season and we could pick up points. Teams like Forest have only recently become "good".

We might not stack up against teams with individual brilliance but our style and philosophy will hopefully win us a few points here and there.

Great_Expectations

Even more excited now I’ve seen the fixture list, and still cautiously optimistic about our season.

Despite the fact Kelly, McFadzean and Godden are all not going to make the step up, Hillsner is overweight and shite and we haven’t yet signed an Arsenal youngster the majority of the forum didn’t know existed until he was linked with us.

Travs

I think we have a fairly generous ending to the season.

Late October and through November look horrible though!

Liquid Gold

Beauty of the championship is that who knows where the tough bit is. Not like league one where you can pick out Ipswich, Pompey, Sunderland etc. Who knows is going to have a good season and who falls apart.

Greggs

If you're going to be constantly nothing but negative you're going to get called on it.
Everyone is allowed an opinion without having their mental health questioned. cc84cov is as innocent as they come mate, maybe direct your attention to some of the attention seekers on here?!

Brighton Sky Blue

It is scary to look at that fixture list but if we had seen it in march we wouldnt be so fearful as we were flying

Now we have lost Walsh andmccallum and friendly wasnt inspiring but things can change and put momentum back in our favour again

Pre season friendlies are for getting fit and trying things out with the freedom to make mistakes. We’ll be ready for the start I’m fairly sure

Liquid Gold

Everyone is allowed an opinion without having their mental health questioned. cc84cov is as innocent as they come mate, maybe direct your attention to some of the attention seekers on here?!
Maybe I was telling him to get into some disco biscuits.

EAst ender

Mate of mine is a City fan. He’s not happy with the new manager appointment, says it shows a lack of ambition. I don’t really know anything about him. What are your views?

Very underwhelmed but not upset with Dean Holden, more with our CEO, Mark Ashton who can put a positive spin on things even when he's lying plus he knows that we know he's lying.
Dean H will get the backing of our support and he's making all the right noises.
I'm not happy but can do naff all about it so will support Dean as I have no other choice. Obviously, I hope it works.

I work not far from the three lions, it looks like a terrifying pub

The 3 Lions is a wonderful place, particularly post game, Table dancing, lots of smoke bombs and cider, what's not to like? I wouldn't want to be the person who tried to take that pub on though, if you get my drift!
It's rather partisan but I have personally seen a gashead in there, only once but he was definitely in there. If you can get in pre match and don't cause trouble you'll be welcomed but you'll probably get drenched! ;) Actually, scrub that, you'll definitely get drenched!

BTW, your November and February fixtures look a right bitch. OUCH! Good luck with that lot. :eek:

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

Its games like this where BCD hits the fans. Not sure what the away allocation is at Ashton Gate these days, but pretty sure we would have sold whatever amount they could have given us.

EAst ender

Its games like this where BCD hits the fans. Not sure what the away allocation is at Ashton Gate these days, but pretty sure we would have sold whatever amount they could have given us.
The whole Atyeo stand - a bit of segregation. Probably 3500 - 3750.
We averaged just shy of 22,000 pre lockdown so would have thought a figure around 25K would have been about right for an opening fixture against yourselves.

kg82

Very underwhelmed but not upset with Dean Holden, more with our CEO, Mark Ashton who can put a positive spin on things even when he's lying plus he knows that we know he's lying.
Dean H will get the backing of our support and he's making all the right noises.
I'm not happy but can do naff all about it so will support Dean as I have no other choice. Obviously, I hope it works.

Yeah, I couldn’t remember his name, but that’s who he was on about.

Users who are viewing this thread